Valetta v Dudelange fc (europa league)

Sebrof61

Official Ticketer
first game ended 2 each in Luxembourg ,if Dudelange go out the champions league tomorrow night in Malta they are due to be at home in the national stadium on the same night we are possibly playing in Luxembourg ,would our game be switched or brought forward ?

first game ended 2 each in Luxembourg ,if Dudelange go out the champions league tomorrow night in Malta they are due to be at home in the national stadium on the same night we are possibly playing in Luxembourg ,would our game be switched or brought forward ?
Yes.

It add to the issue S

Dudelange played games in their own ground in the EL qualifiers last season

Fola Esch v Aberdeen was played at the National Stadium in 2016 and are scheduled meet again in the QR2 2nd leg in Luxembourg if both go through, might use the National stadium again Fola are the higher ranked Luxembourg side

1st leg lost 2-1 at home in their own ground, 2nd leg is on Wednesday at 5pm while Aberdeen won 2-1, 2nd leg on Thursday at 5pm

We might 30th July even 1st August depending on venue and which Luxembourg sides are still in

Option of fixture reversal need to taken into account as well

Basically means we cant make definite travel arrangements until at least Friday. If a fixture reversal then we will all be scrambling again like we were in Gib.

It add to the issue S

Fola Esch v Aberdeen was played at the National Stadium in 2016 and are scheduled meet again in the QR2 2nd leg in Luxembourg if both go through, might use the National stadium again Fola are the higher ranked Luxembourg side

1st leg lost 2-1 at home in their own ground, 2nd leg is on Wednesday at 5pm while Aberdeen won 2-1, 2nd leg on Thursday at 5pm

We might 30th July even 1st August depending on venue and which Luxembourg sides are still in

That’s how I saw it Al , also if Dudelange remain in C L they are due to be at home the same week of game therefore ruling out bringing our game forward if all three Luxembourg teams qualify

*snigger* dudelange *snigger*

didnt we play valetta and gubbed them 8 nil or something was that the game chris woods took a penalty against?

Do we not want Dudelange to go through as they’ll then be in the CL qualifiers on the Tue / Wed?

I looked back at their previous games earlier
It add to the issue S

They played their first round qualifier in their own stadium but played the next two rounds against Cluj and Legia Warsaw in the national stadium. Unless the info I read online was wrong.

I looked back at their previous games earlier

They played their first round qualifier in their own stadium but played the next two rounds against Cluj and Legia Warsaw in the national stadium. Unless the info I read online was wrong.

yes they did

Only looked at the 1st qualifier :oops:

yes they did

Only looked at the 1st qualifier :oops:

A massive pain in the arse all round. At least they play tomorrow, so we SHOULD find out if they plan on using the national stadium by Thursday. Them going through would be better right enough.

10-0 on aggregate I’m sure was pouring the night we played them at Ibrox was only a young pup back then
I worked with Valetta that night we were due to play the dons the following weekend and i said to Ally in the tunnel forget tonight win on Saturday ( think it was a draw. pelting it down on the nightand I had to go on pitch when a maltese player went down at the Govan with the physio. On way back they were shouting to the physio baldy baldy gie us the sash. I had to explain it to him. We had to supply football boots to them. They were raging when Woods went up to take a penalty though and he missed

A massive pain in the arse all round. At least they play tomorrow, so we SHOULD find out if they plan on using the national stadium by Thursday. Them going through would be better right enough.

It is for those planning

If Dudelange drop in to EL and use the National Stadium they get priority for 1st August Domestic Cup Winners something I forgot to check earlier - they coefficient is higher than Fola Esch

As @Sebrof61 says even if they stay in CL then they play the 30th at least

Fola Esch are the bigger issue if they overturn the 1st leg defeat

Playing Cork despite the issues on that seems so simple

I worked with Valetta that night we were due to play the dons the following weekend and i said to Ally in the tunnel forget tonight win on Saturday ( think it was a draw. pelting it down on the nightand I had to go on pitch when a maltese player went down at the Govan with the physio. On way back they were shouting to the physio baldy baldy gie us the sash. I had to explain it to him. We had to supply football boots to them. They were raging when Woods went up to take a penalty though and he missed

Believe it or not, there was a bigger crowd in Valletta than there was at Ibrox. There was 18,000 over there and only 11,000 at Ibrox. Not bad for a country that’s smaller than Arran.

Reactions: 413
It is for those planning

If Dudelange drop in to EL and use the National Stadium they get priority for 1st August Domestic Cup Winners something I forgot to check earlier - they coefficient is higher than Fola Esch

As @Sebrof61 says even if they stay in CL then they play the 30th at least

Fola Esch are the bigger issue if they overturn the 1st leg defeat

Playing Cork despite the issues on that seems so simple

I took a punt and booked flights from London to Luxembourg, they were only £9.99 each way, so I figured it was a gamble worth taking. If it’s moved to the Tuesday or reversed, I’m fecked. I’ve booked that week off work, I could maybe do the Tuesday if I find a decent/cheap route, but would obviously prefer the Thursday.

This entire situation is again far from ideal for people wanting to arrange any sorts of travel plans...

I am pretty sure as well, that once all games are played, the FLF (football association) will take days to confirm dates and stadium.

The only positive aspect is that Dudelange is the only Luxembourgish team involved able to get a result away from home. Fingers crossed.

I took a punt and booked flights from London to Luxembourg, they were only £9.99 each way, so I figured it was a gamble worth taking. If it’s moved to the Tuesday or reversed, I’m fecked. I’ve booked that week off work, I could maybe do the Tuesday if I find a decent/cheap route, but would obviously prefer the Thursday.

Yeah this the problem granted you won't lose too much money but still a pian for those like yourself that have taken the gamble

This entire situation is again far from ideal for people wanting to arrange any sorts of travel plans...

I am pretty sure as well, that once all games are played, the FLF (football association) will take days to confirm dates and stadium.

The only positive aspect is that Dudelange is the only Luxembourgish team involved able to get a result away from home. Fingers crossed.

Surely the FLF and UEFA will have a rough idea by now what could happen

Would expect on Friday for dates etc

Ideally

Dudelange to CL QR2
Fola Esch out

We play 1st August against Progres

Meaning I don't need to hassle the boss for end of month time off lol
Work gets a bit hectic

Still don't get why you said Valletta them going into CL QR2 doesn't help things

For the away game in Luxembourg for us 3 dates are possible based on the use of the National Stadium

25th July - fixture reversal - Fola Esch are in EL, Dudelange CL/EL
30th July - Fola Esch are out but Dudelange are in EL
1st August - Fola Esch are out but Dudelange are in CL

Hopefully as I posted above that by tomorrow night that we know when could playing in Luxembourg

Last edited:
Still don't get why you said Valletta them going into CL QR2 doesn't help things

For the away game in Luxembourg for us 3 dates are possible based on the use of the National Stadium

Hopefully as I posted above that by tomorrow night that we know when could playing in Luxembourg
got to have a little bit of faith al , will also need to remember these outcomes too

If the fixture gets reversed I'll be giving Luxembourg a miss, will wait till the 3rd round.

Hopefully Dudelange win tonight and Fola go out tomorrow so we can play on the 1st August.

Based the information on Fola Esch v Aberdeen

If Fola Esch v Rops then it might be played in Esch like Fola Esch v Chikhura

But the chance of Dudelange been in EL adds to the problem

7pm Kick-off for their game in malta tonight

is there any chance 1 of ties home/away leg might be reversed ?

There you go

Issue is with the stadium

See TNS who we played in a friendly have just scored to lead on aggregate. It seems the Kosovan league is far far shitter than we were led to believe with their improved coefficient, that's part time teams from Gibraltar and Wales beating them now

Luxembourg (and Wales and the Faroe Islands) put 4 teams into UEFA club competition, at basically the same stage (give or take a qualifying round) as every country up to Croatia (ranked 16th).

The 4th best team in Luxembourg should, with all due respect to whatever Esch, not be playing european football.

Last edited:
Back