VAR independent review update

It's independent VAR officials we require! What good is a review panel when the damage is already done?
They are providing statistics that at a glance look very good. The 97.8% is a good statistic. What makes up that 2.2% would be interesting to know.

It's also worth mentioning that this stat is derived from only the incidents reviewed so the actual numbers will likely be different.

It says the panel pick incidents and others they are asked to review. Are the clubs afforded a chance to present incidents to the panel or is it the SFA who pick the incidents?

Last edited:
So

We were on the wrong end of decisions on two occasions, Sterling red card and Lundstram penalty against st Killie (I actually believe it should be 3 as the Mayo handball was clear cut)

The mentally challengeds benefited from the penalty award at Tynecastle but also shouldn’t have had the Hearts one awarded against them

And they say we benefit from VAR? Laughable.

The last round of wrongful decisions had a Souttar handball wrongly given as a penalty too

Which one was the mayo handball was that the they had their hand out?

VAR is not flawless as we all know and as these stats prove

However it's still far better than not having VAR and furthermore nobody ever remembers the correct decisions just the 26. As proven by this thread wanting info on the 26

When VAR was introduced we were all told it would still have elements of human error and that VAR was still open to interpretation

On the whole, blaming VAR is just the new form of excuse by managers and fans to deflect from poor performances

We have had a few iffy decisions against us for sure but if we played better nobody would bat an eyelid

I don't remember ever complaining about refs when we won 9 in a row. We used to laugh at the scum for being paranoid

The Johnston hand-ball in the OF game still needs explaining. Using the excuse that 'well it was offside anyway' doesn't quite cut it. VAR should have awarded offside and a free-kick from where the offside occurred. Collum cheated and tried to cover his tracks!!

The Johnston hand-ball in the OF game still needs explaining. Using the excuse that 'well it was offside anyway' doesn't quite cut it. VAR should have awarded offside and a free-kick from where the offside occurred. Collum cheated and tried to cover his tracks!!
No, they got the Johnston one right last time. They said VAR should have recommended an on-field review, but didn't (because Collum didn't want to). That's where it ends. Your last line is true, but Rangers failed miserably to make that the focus in the aftermath.

the fact that walsh gave a goal kick is proof he never saw it
on that basis collum should have told him to look at it

The media were obsessed with our run of not conceding a penalty, and the pressure put on refs to award one was brutal. The penalty given against Souttar at Ibrox was embarrassing, tbh.
Also noted as an error by the independent panel last time round

Not surprised to see the Sterling and Lundstram one's there, nor am I surprised by the presence of both penalties at Tynecastle.

I am surprised to see the Mayo handball not there.

The Bolton red card for St Mirren was actually more laughable than the Sterling red card - although the only difference there should have been he'd serve a single game ban instead of 2 games...

I'm guessing the only possible reason the Mayo handball is not listed is due to the facts VAR missed it, didn't review it, so effectively it does not go down as a mistake during the VAR process?

Only possible thing I can think of for why it wasn't listed.

Do these reviews cover instances that VAR never investigated to begin with?

VAR can't do that as that would be them re-refereeing the game the only way that scenario would happen would be if Walsh gave the penalty originally which he didn't as he gave them a bye kick. The game stopped and the VAR check began for handball which Collum dismissed quickly so they restarted the game with the bye kick.

Am I right in saying of the 26 we’ve had 7 or 8 incorrect against us?
2 this period
4 second period?
2 first period?

I can’t quite remember.
UPDATE
Second period 3 against
Third period 2 against
So nearly 20% of the 26 “errors” have went against us. Also 2 for.

While Celtic have had 1 go against them. Also 2 for them.

Last edited:
VAR is not flawless as we all know and as these stats prove

However it's still far better than not having VAR and furthermore nobody ever remembers the correct decisions just the 26. As proven by this thread wanting info on the 26

When VAR was introduced we were all told it would still have elements of human error and that VAR was still open to interpretation

On the whole, blaming VAR is just the new form of excuse by managers and fans to deflect from poor performances

We have had a few iffy decisions against us for sure but if we played better nobody would bat an eyelid

I don't remember ever complaining about refs when we won 9 in a row. We used to laugh at the scum for being paranoid
If you don’t want to look at the amount of game changing decisions that have gone against us versus how many have for them then that’s up to you.

“Just play better” is such a simplistic view to be honest. Did we play well the first OF game of the season? Absolutely not but the Roofe goal that was disallowed would have and did change things on so many levels. That’s just one example.

So these are rhe descisons they're showing us...but are we supposed to just forget that Roofe had a goal disallowed in an old firm game that finished 1 nil at Ibrox.

There's no doubting our own failures in letting the league slip away...but if that goal stands, then it would literally be level on points right now and a goal differnce of 3 in favour of celtic.

With 4 games to go that's a very different complexion. It's infuriating the impact these decisions early in the season can have when it comes to the final few weeks.
That goal stands and I reckon Beale is still our manager.

So these are rhe descisons they're showing us...but are we supposed to just forget that Roofe had a goal disallowed in an old firm game that finished 1 nil at Ibrox.

There's no doubting our own failures in letting the league slip away...but if that goal stands, then it would literally be level on points right now and a goal differnce of 3 in favour of celtic.

With 4 games to go that's a very different complexion. It's infuriating the impact these decisions early in the season can have when it comes to the final few weeks.
This one is the one that needs to be focused on. Celtic scored a goal against Aberdeen in the SCSF that shouldn't have stood on the basis that that goal didn't stand.

Often after games I've seen twitter clips of our players being fouled in the box which didn't merit a VAR check.

Be interesting to see how many of these incidents didn't make it into an independent VAR review. Presumably all of them.

An independent review into VAR should also include incidents that were missed by the whole process.

They're saying they got it wrong. VAR were as clueless as the referee and thought it was a penalty, basically.
Thanks.
It was the wording that confused me.
It was reading that it was definitely a penalty but it was wrong decision!

That Collum, his assistant on VAR, the ref Walsh, his assistant ref, etc, all never even saw the Johnston handball is disturbing, tbh. But Masonic refs, blah, blah.

FFS gents, I’m confused enough here.
Ha ha. Let me help. If they had got it grammatically correct it would have been easier to understand.

Kilmarnock 1-2 Rangers (28/2/24): VAR should have recommended an on-field review. The final outcome should have been that the penalty decision, which led to Kilmarnock opening the scoring, was overturned - there was no handball offence against Rangers.

Am I reading that correctly that they’re saying Lundstram shouldn’t have been a handball but no mention of the Mayo handball?

It's never an independent review when it comes to the SFA / SPL, just an arse covering exercise to try to hide their corruption and bias.

One thing is clear, Rangers do not want to see VAR removed, as it makes it harder for the cheats in black to screw us over.

Looking back at the Lundstram handball , its a disgrace it was given when we have VAR.

Initially it does look like his arm is sticking out but when you see the reply, his arm is tucked into his body and its the force of the shot that knocks it out.

Am I right in saying of the 26 we’ve had 7 or 8 incorrect against us?
2 this period
4 second period?
2 first period?

I can’t quite remember.
UPDATE
Second period 3 against
Third period 2 against
So nearly 20% of the 26 “errors” have went against us. Also 2 for.

While Celtic have had 1 go against them. Also 2 for them.

2 for us and 5 against us. Someone has done a table. Killie big winners with 5 for and 0 against! They are 2 for and 1 against.

Only St Mirren have had more against them than us in league so far.

Would be interesting to see what the 26 incorrect decisions were
You’ll never get to find out. Conducting a review is their attempt at a balanced system where we know it’s not. Time after time there have been contention decisions primarily in old firm games which have incurred goals chopped off and games lost. Fact is they can state mistakes until the end of time, but it doesn’t retrospectively overturn those decisions or re-award points lost. Corruption is corruption and they know they are protected whilst doing it.

Back