VAR offline trial today at Livi game.

Didn't look off when watching on TV. Luckily I suppose it didn't change the outcome of the game (this time)

I don’t think we will see this incident being released If he is onside.
If he’s off, then it will be used as a propaganda tool to say the referees are brilliant anyway.
TBH it’s one of those ones with the line blocked by the attacking player, but I still think he guessed.

If he’s off, then it will be used as a propaganda tool to say the referees are brilliant anyway.
TBH it’s one of those ones with the line blocked by the attacking player, but I still think he guessed.
He can only make the call if he is sure it’s offside. Based on everything I’ve seen, I don’t know how he can be sure it’s offside. In which case he can’t call it.

He can only make the call if he is sure it’s offside. Based on everything I’ve seen, I don’t know how he can be sure it’s offside. In which case he can’t call it.
He was sure it was offside, the attacker is wearing a Rangers jersey ergo correct decision.

Watching in the pub my mate was adamant he was onside, I thought he was marginally offside. Havent watched it back yet. One of those that VAR corrects either way as long as someone draws the lines on straight (which is another thing I wouldnt trust our current referees to do)

Linesman was at the top of the pitch looking down first player he sees is colak even if he’s in line the linesman wouldn’t have seen the defender so makes sense he called it off now Iv reseen it

Still think that makes it onside and still ragin it was chopped aff colak needs a goal

He was onside by a mile! It’s not even up for debate? If I was Choooooolak I would be asking for my goal bonus

Only scottish football can have VAR in the stadium and not use it when potential game changing goal is chopped off.

And it’s absolutely a joke that we are denied a goal and a sending off VAR would have probably have given us when other teams will have almost identical VAR decisions given in their favour when VAR is launched mid season.

It’s another utter joke decision by Scottish football. You either have VAR all season or not at all all season

I've just read that VAR was there and doing an offline dry run, also they'll be testing at St Mirren v Motherwell game.

Anyone know if they will make public their results?

Of course they won’t. Imagine the outrage from the papes if we were seen to have benefitted from a decision yesterday.

Only scottish football can have VAR in the stadium and not use it when potential game changing goal is chopped off.
Mind in the World Cup 2010 the linesman never gave a clear offside and the stadium workers showed the replay on the big screen. Clear as day but ref wasn’t permitted to use the video evidence as it wasn’t an authorised tool.

Of course they won’t. Imagine the outrage from the papes if we were seen to have benefitted from a decision yesterday.
I agree they won’t but a new season a new start and a chance for transparency. We need fans used to it before it becomes a real part of the game.

Why didn’t they trial it and influence the game?

Seems weird trial it and don’t share the findings and or influence the game

What kind of fucking trial is it

That just makes it even more annoying, the fact it was actually there and the officials would've pulled up the offside/onside goal, but can't relay or do anything because it was a test run.

The SFA are honestly so fucking backward man, we had two friendlies at Ibrox there with Scottish Officials.

Why not get in touch and have tests for VAR against West Ham and Spurs?

Because that'd make sense of course, doing tests in the pre-season? don't be so stupid.

That just makes it even more annoying, the fact it was actually there and the officials would've pulled up the offside/onside goal, but can't relay or do anything because it was a test run.

The SFA are honestly so fucking backward man, we had two friendlies at Ibrox there with Scottish Officials.

Why not get in touch and have tests for VAR against West Ham and Spurs?

Because that'd make sense of course, doing tests in the pre-season? don't be so stupid.
Tbh, we've had loads is outings of VAR at Ibrox now in Europe so in terms of camera angles etc it probably makes more sense to get it established in the other grounds, however preseason friendlies or the League cup group stages would have been perfect for background trials of equipment

I’ve always wondered why there’s not 4 linesmen covering both half’s.
A linesman on the main stand/Broomloan would have seen it was onside.
If there was 2 there is a chance there was 1 flag up and 1 flag down. There would always be an argument to who was right. Having 1 means it’s definitive whether it is right or wrong.

Why didn’t they trial it and influence the game?

Seems weird trial it and don’t share the findings and or influence the game

What kind of fucking trial is it
Because you can’t have VAR operating in 1 game and not the others.

If he was offside, we'd have seen the VAR proof by now along with any other perceived injustice that would have helped Livingston.

The trial was the make sure they equipment and VAR centre worked with multiple games on the same day and then same time later.

VAR would not have intervened with the sending off. It only gets involved in straight red cards.

Other things are

Review of all goals
Penalties
Mistaken identity

i noticed that - he waits until it hits the net then the flag goes up ???? VAR will be their downfall this year - camera does not lie :cool:
Not really as they still wont deal with players booting us without red card and the tims will be allowed many more fouls per cards as usual. Also it will be the same type of crew actually running var.

Back