VAR offline trial today at Livi game.

No assistant ref could confidently say that was offside.
That's the crux of the matter. It was close, but he was on (with the benefit of replays). The linesman either wanted him to be offside or was terrified of of calling a close one in our favour.

i noticed that - he waits until it hits the net then the flag goes up ???? VAR will be their downfall this year - camera does not lie :cool:

Isnt that what they are supposed to do with VAR?

If they were trialling VAR in the stadium, the refs and linesman have to wait till the goal is scored before flagging

This is then checked

Its so the lino doesnt flag offside and the game is stopped before the goal is scored, then we find out it would have stood

He was onside by a mile! It’s not even up for debate? If I was Choooooolak I would be asking for my goal bonus
He’s not onside by a mile, and the debate going on round about you that you’re ignoring doesn’t change that fact.
It was a very tight call and the assistant guessed.

If they were trialling VAR in the stadium, the refs and linesman have to wait till the goal is scored before flagging

This is then checked

Its so the lino doesnt flag offside and the game is stopped before the goal is scored, then we find out it would have stood
This is correct

The linesman was correct to flag at the end of phase of play, i.e when it was in the net.

It's not a conspiracy, it's the way offsides have operated under var since the beginning, we see it in Europe all the time.

The trial was the make sure they equipment and VAR centre worked with multiple games on the same day and then same time later.

VAR would not have intervened with the sending off. It only gets involved in straight red cards.

Other things are

Review of all goals
Penalties
Mistaken identity
Crazy that so many people don't know that. Seen multiple posts on here saying VAR would have looked at that and given the defender his 2nd yellow and a red card.

Crazy that so many people don't know that. Seen multiple posts on here saying VAR would have looked at that and given the defender his 2nd yellow and a red card.
Would VAR not get involved if it was a ref doing Rangers a favour though(yes thats a long shot) i think the other ref/s would be going nuts if it was a similar situation with one of ours on a yellow making the 2nd late tackle.

Its all very well saying this is how its done in europe but there will be times when the refs take advantage of situations if they feel it benefits Celtic in the title race.

From the linesman’s side Čolak looked off side he can’t see through him to the Livi player. VAR and it’s a goal , how many times over the years have we seen offsides like this probably hundreds and it’s not just poor Scottish officials. I watched Cambridge Utd last season a few times and the officials for the most part are awful , linesmen who get decisions wrong every game and refereees who don’t think a chokehold is a red card :))

Would VAR not get involved if it was a ref doing Rangers a favour though(yes thats a long shot) i think the other ref/s would be going nuts if it was a similar situation with one of ours on a yellow making the 2nd late tackle.

Its all very well saying this is how its done in europe but there will be times when the refs take advantage of situations if they feel it benefits Celtic in the title race.

No it wouldn't, as its not allowed to.

This is then checked

VAR was being trialed but not by the officials at the game. It was an offline trial and the in game officials were operating as they always have.

The late flag was odd and I think was just a case of the official guessing.

Maybe we will hear if Colak header was onside. Looked it to me. Rat linesman didn’t flag until he realises we had scored.

i noticed that - he waits until it hits the net then the flag goes up ???? VAR will be their downfall this year - camera does not lie :cool:

Their meant to wait until the play has finish to flag for offside, the rule changed last season.

I assume in stadiums where there are no screens that there will be a tannoy announcement of there being a VAR check?

VAR was being trialed but not by the officials at the game. It was an offline trial and the in game officials were operating as they always have.

The late flag was odd and I think was just a case of the official guessing.

Surely if they were offline trialling theyd still need the officials to act accordingly though

A dry run so to speak

Just that we dont see the results

No it wouldn't, as its not allowed to.
I would have to admit you guys have a better understanding of how it works in other leagues i dont even watch any other football.....obviously i see it in european games....anyway having just watched our refs in action since we returned to the top league i would say there is no doubt there will be times when we have our own way of doing things. There will always be this what would the media want ? attitude, which has served refs so well in recent years.

I cant imagine the other refs blanking that sort of incident i think some might even be going nuts with the on-field official.

The ref shouldnt be allowed to bend rules on the pitch but we all knew as soon as the season started there was a 90 per cent chance of suspect refereeing at Livi, it will be the same with Celtic they will get some favours if the visitors start well and dont lose an early goal.

Surely if they were offline trialling theyd still need the officials to act accordingly though

A dry run so to speak

Just that we dont see the results
No, hence no other offside call let play run.

They were trialing from the perspective of decisions to advise referee to review, whilst checking offside calls.

I would have to admit you guys have a better understanding of how it works in other leagues i dont even watch any other football.....obviously i see it in european games....anyway having just watched our refs in action since we returned to the top league i would say there is no doubt there will be times when we have our own way of doing things. There will always be this what would the media want ? attitude, which has served refs so well in recent years.

I cant imagine the other refs blanking that sort of incident i think some might even be going nuts with the on-field official.

The ref shouldnt be allowed to bend rules on the pitch but we all knew as soon as the season started there was a 90 per cent chance of suspect refereeing at Livi, it will be the same with Celtic they will get some favours if the visitors start well and dont lose an early goal.

He’s not onside by a mile, and the debate going on round about you that you’re ignoring doesn’t change that fact.
It was a very tight call and the assistant guessed.

I don't think he guessed I think he doesn't see Fitzwater due to Colak blocking his angle so the only angle he sees is Colak ahead of Obileye and that's why the flag goes up.

Linesman was at the top of the pitch looking down first player he sees is colak even if he’s in line the linesman wouldn’t have seen the defender so makes sense he called it off now Iv reseen it

Still think that makes it onside and still ragin it was chopped aff colak needs a goal
Exactly my reading of the situation too, although I thought he was onside at the game but I was on the opposite side of the linesman so could see their player.

I don't think he guessed I think he doesn't see Fitzwater due to Colak blocking his angle so the only angle he sees is Colak ahead of Obileye and that's why the flag goes up.
The thing is though, he knows there’s a player behind Colak but, as you say, he can’t see him. How can he be sure that Colak is off?
He can’t, so I think he put his flag up to save himself.

I think the linesman just made a mistake it happens with offsides all the time remember the one lucky call we got in like 283 game against Motherwell which posters on here use an example of how everything is totally equal.

Offsides can be tough and VAR will help there but...

The ref was incredibly biased and it will be the same guys using replays with the same attitude, what do sky, sportscene, sportsound, superscoreboard and the Celtic papers want ?

From the linesman’s side Čolak looked off side he can’t see through him to the Livi player. VAR and it’s a goal
This can be the only reasonable explanation why he gave offside. And if it is, then without VAR we just need to accept these things happen.

Doesn’t always need to be an anti Rangers conspiracy.

Have officials ever made public the reasons for their results/decisions?
The offside lines are absolute.
Handballs can be reviewed. The ref for the Community Shield either missed, or did not want to give, the penalty but when told to review it, he had no option but to award the pen.
Fouls for penalties will be interesting. The Japanese diving school are either going to get more pens or booked. I know which one I would bet on!!
Sending offs for dangerous play will still be very much a matter of interpretation.

Was blatant cheating. Benefit of the doubt goes to the striker, there is no way a human eye could see that was offside.
I don't think it was blatant cheating, it was a mistake. Colak was closer to him than the defender that played him onside, and the Lino was behind play - all of that would have made it look more like Colak was offside.

Probably an element of guess work, resulted in a mistake, VAR would have picked it up

But cheating? Not sure

We have to remember, they've been making these close calls for years - and generally they get more of them right than they get wrong

It's the really really obvious ones that they tend to get more wrong of

Handballs can be reviewed. The ref for the Community Shield either missed, or did not want to give, the penalty but when told to review it, he had no option but to award the pen.
Fouls for penalties will be interesting. The Japanese diving school are either going to get more pens or booked. I know which one I would bet on!!
Sending offs for dangerous play will still be very much a matter of interpretation.
I have yet to see anyone booked for a dive that VAR have overturned a penalty on

Don't expect bookings, not sure its in the remit

If there was 2 there is a chance there was 1 flag up and 1 flag down. There would always be an argument to who was right. Having 1 means it’s definitive whether it is right or wrong.
Both flags would have to go up, like a kick at the posts in rugby.

I just wonder! If a certain linesman and Ref get a phone call to tell them they got it wrong with the supposed offside goal.

That’s a good point about the Japanese diver you can just see them awarding penalties for the very minimal contact.

I don't think it was blatant cheating, it was a mistake. Colak was closer to him than the defender that played him onside, and the Lino was behind play - all of that would have made it look more like Colak was offside.

Probably an element of guess work, resulted in a mistake, VAR would have picked it up

But cheating? Not sure

We have to remember, they've been making these close calls for years - and generally they get more of them right than they get wrong

It's the really really obvious ones that they tend to get more wrong of
Guess work.. if you're at the point of guessing, you don't raise your flag.

It was cheating

This can be the only reasonable explanation why he gave offside. And if it is, then without VAR we just need to accept these things happen.

Doesn’t always need to be an anti Rangers conspiracy.
No one could watch refs and honestly say they just make some mistakes though.

One game in and its started already the ref was incredibly biased. And its not just Robertson and Clancy its pretty much all the officials over the season they will all be involved in rule bending when it comes to our games. Muir, McLean, Beaton, some new ones will pop up with the same tactics the same style.

You call it conspiracy as you fear any debate, i would say safe refereeing that cant result in negative headlines, whatever it is its a huge problem for Rangers.

Is there a point to this? Or did you quote my post be mistake as it seems completely irrelevant to what I posted.

Linesman was waaaaayyy behind the line when the cross came in.

By the time he looked over Colak was a yard or two in front.

Up goes the flag

Useless

No one could watch refs and honestly say they just make some mistakes though.

One game in and its started already the ref was incredibly biased. And its not just Robertson and Clancy its pretty much all the officials over the season they will all be involved in rule bending when it comes to our games. Muir, McLean, Beaton, some new ones will pop up with the same tactics the same style.

You call it conspiracy as you fear any debate, i would say safe refereeing that cant result in negative headlines, whatever it is its a huge problem for Rangers.
Robertson decided he was booking players yesterday from the off ,that’s fair enough it was a bit balanced until he changed his remit by not sending off Cancar for the exact foul he had been booking players for.

Just another game where Rangers players get booted with no bookings and we get legitimate goals chopped off. Yet some of our fans strangely go to great lengths to try and justify the officials’ decisions. They are cheats.

It's alright it never happened as BBC never showed it. Rangers got away with one because Livi had a goal chopped off which was scored after the whistle blew. According to Michael Stewart that is.

Back