VAR offline trial today at Livi game.

I don't think it was blatant cheating, it was a mistake. Colak was closer to him than the defender that played him onside, and the Lino was behind play - all of that would have made it look more like Colak was offside.

Probably an element of guess work, resulted in a mistake, VAR would have picked it up

But cheating? Not sure

We have to remember, they've been making these close calls for years - and generally they get more of them right than they get wrong

It's the really really obvious ones that they tend to get more wrong of
There no guesswork, the assistant was out of position so Colak will have looked offside from where he was.

Robertson decided he was booking players yesterday from the off ,that’s fair enough it was a bit balanced until he changed his remit by not sending off Cancar for the exact foul he had been booking players for.
Its been part of the game for ages, you use strict laws for Rangers and try to be as lenient as possible with the opposition. The problem they often have is when the book a Rangers player early they have no option but to show some cards to the other mob and can end up in the position Robertson was in yesterday where his bias is obvious to everyone as hes basically ignoring the laws and making a sub for them to keep it 11 v 11.

We really need to stop the BS about crap refs none of them are hopeless.

I'm probably in the minority, but I thought he was just offside, although the tv camera angle wasn't the best, so I can't be 100% sure.

It was a tight call and those don't go our way unfortunately.

We need VAR pronto.

I've just read that VAR was there and doing an offline dry run, also they'll be testing at St Mirren v Motherwell game.

Anyone know if they will make public their results?

Why would they make their findings public?

It would be like launching a grenade into the scottish footballing swamp :D

Cannot wait for it to come in, though. Colak today another prime example of how this will help out the integrity of the game up here... It's been needed for a long while.

EDIT - I don't blame the lino for getting it wrong. His view of the defender playing Colak level was blocked by Colak himself - but VAR would've helped us out, no doubt.

That's the crux of the matter. It was close, but he was on (with the benefit of replays). The linesman either wanted him to be offside or was terrified of of calling a close one in our favour.
Will have been the latter. VAR will absolutely nail these bastards.

However, I have my fears given the clowns sitting in the control room could be Clancy etc

Have officials ever made public the reasons for their results/decisions?
No they just phone separate entity to apologise.

gn17a.png

Why didn’t they trial it and influence the game?

Seems weird trial it and don’t share the findings and or influence the game

What kind of fucking trial is it
Doesn't really sound like a trial at all does it? :D

How can you need to trial something that has been operational for years everywhere else? Or are they saying they don't know how to use it.

How can you need to trial something that has been operational for years everywhere else? Or are they saying they don't know how to use it.

They need to make sure it all works properly with the multiple games on the same day / time.

Its not somebody sitting in the stand at the stadium checking it, it's in the same central location for every game.

Scotland blazing a trail as usual.

There are 48 countries, including giants like Bolivia, Thailand et al using VAR in some form but here are we, in backward Scotland, bringing up the rear, trialing it and bringing it in mid season. Laughing stock. It’s no wonder we struggle to bring sponsors and value to our game.

Maybe they are looking for ways to manipulate the VAR system

Robertson decided he was booking players yesterday from the off ,that’s fair enough it was a bit balanced until he changed his remit by not sending off Cancar for the exact foul he had been booking players for.

Wasn’t it within a few minutes of the second Cancar ‘incident’ that he yellow carded Souttar in a very similar part of our half for a professional foul BA ?

There’s only one reason he changed his treatment on this, it’s clear.

Back