Vax pass "grace period for enforcement" panic measure until 18/10

An utter farce, wee Nikola the wannabe tranny shagger is going off her power crazy nut; this Gov can F**k right off, it is about time there were challenged like the Night time industry have done today.

FAZRY2UVQAEMR8k

What sort of country are we when unless you take the Gov prescription you have your human rights curtailed ?? F**k me it is not 1970's east germany.....is it.

Anyone who believes that this has anything to do with controlling an illness is a plumb.
Resist these third-rate politicians who are making theatre of this situation in order to increase their own petty profiles.
I say third-rate, however, in Scotland amazingly even this reductive phrase is being debased by the sheer inadequacy on public display.
Laugh at your politicians because they are laughable in the extreme.

Serious question. Why do you think you are exempt from getting this vaccine?

I'm not exempt I just don't want it
Lack of informed consent is enough of an exemption in normal circumstances, as it "for personal mental health reasons"

Interesting that the NHS won't issue any exemption letters though.

Lack of informed consent is enough of an exemption in normal circumstances, as it "for personal mental health reasons"

The legislation is supposed to set out the conditions for an exemption but no one seems to have seen it. The NHS won't issue exemptions unless they know the process and conditions for doing so especially since the Scottish government have said that very few people will qualify.

I doubt that you will be able to phone up and just get one because you think you should given what they have been saying about them.

I suspect that's not an exemption.

Exemption will be for people who medically can't get the vaccine

Why are Rangers still asking fans for exception notes when no sign things exist?

Have any other clubs been so “all in” with statements regarding this yet?
if you read the statement Rangers are now not saying that VP's are going to be checked by stewards nor are those without one (or exemption docs) going to be refused admittance. Think the clubs been quite cute here....

Why are Rangers still asking fans for exception notes when no sign things exist?

Presumably they are getting told by the Nats that’s what the process is, even if it appears to be absolute bollocks.

AHEAD of Sunday’s Scottish Premiership match against Hibernian, we once again highlight the introduction of vaccine certificate checks across Scotland.

Sunday’s game is a “test event” and thus, we are required by law, to carry out the same procedures as when the “grace period” is over.

For the avoidance of doubt, following legislation introduced by the Scottish Government, everyone attending matches at Ibrox Stadium must be fully vaccinated and everyone must bring proof of this status with you to the match, unless exempt.

The following groups are exempt from carrying proof of vaccination:

• Under 18’s
  • People who are not able to receive the vaccine for medical reasons
  • Participants in vaccine trials
  • Workers or volunteers at the venue or event
Those exempt for medical reasons or due to participation in vaccine trials are asked to carry an official letter to confirm this.

Just so everyone knows what the Club are asking. From Rangers latest statement:

For the avoidance of doubt, following legislation introduced by the Scottish Government, everyone attending matches at Ibrox Stadium must be fully vaccinated and everyone must bring proof of this status with you to the match, unless exempt.

Still no mention on what system is going to be employed here. Is it spot checks or everybody going to be checked.

I posted yesterday. If you can be checked and through the turnstiles in an average of 30 seconds, it would take over 4 hours to get everybody in the stadium with 100 stewards doing the checks.

2021. the year logic died

sunday - we have 50,000 people in - need vaccination "passports"
over saturday & sunday - close to 50,000 people over the course of the games in the SPFL - no passports required

same number of people sitting next to people
two levels of application

ludicrous
Utter madness! We've already had 50,000 in already this season on more than one occasion. Absolutely no science to support this. Only proves you've had two jabs, doesn't prove you don't have the Rona! Wonder if the COP 26 mob will have to show theirs.

Still no mention on what system is going to be employed here. Is it spot checks or everybody going to be checked.

I posted yesterday. If you can be checked and through the turnstiles in an average of 30 seconds, it would take over 4 hours to get everybody in the stadium with 100 stewards doing the checks.

They need to aim to check 20%, or whatever is viable without public order disruption.

I agree but the club is going to check no matter what we say so just take our proof and go in and enjoy the game.

Hearts said the following (not sure if it's all of what they said):

“Supporters are strongly encouraged to arrive early at Tynecastle on Saturday (turnstiles will open at 1.30pm) with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate. Digital copies will also be accepted.

“We will do all we can to ensure that these mandatory spot checks are completed quickly.

“To avoid delays entering the stadium we would kindly ask that supporters have their certificate ready and arrive in plenty of time before kick-off.”

Do any other clubs have games this weekend that these rules are applicable to?

Naw, they don't.
Its attendances over 10k so only Hearts and Sheep affected this weekend. Hearts have said virtually the same as us regarding vaccine certificates and exemption letters. Sheep have stipulated vaccine certificates and not mentioned exemption letters - though they do say they are still awaiting info from ScoGov and haven't updated since yesterdays change.

Last edited:

No mention because no system will be employed. The latest statement ( by inference) alludes to that.

Back