Match Thread Villarreal v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

£20 @ 11/2 the draw at HT. Cashed out at 85 mins with a nice £70 profit.
Sneaky £20 @ 16/1 to win. Oh so close.
Absolutely fantastic performance. I believe in this team and after tonight I
hope they start to believe in themselves. Stevie G is a fuking legend.

Fantastic result, amazing how far we have come in such a short time. Hope all the bears make it home safe and avoid the excitable Spanish Police.

So proud of the team after that and very jealous of the fans as I'm not there haha..must be a huge boost for the players and staff. WATP

Those two misses in injury time, one past the right post, one past the left post, had my blood pressure soaring. I might, and it's a big might, calm down before bed time.

Well done the Gers, proud of you.

Superb result that will build the confidence. The management will be able to use this match tape to highlight some areas for improvement. We'll get a lot from this match and result.

Safe home bears and thanks.

I hope admin stop these threads, as the doom mongers were sharpening there knives for certain players, maybee a thread should be made after the game.. just a thought

delighted for our team and our fans, we can see we are a work in progress and sometimes we will get things wrong, but we have a fantastic spirit in our squad allied to a manager and his staff who know where they want to be with this squad,, ,go on the bears,

Guys deserve a cold one after that...superb Rangers...

0067064001533_A

2nd half was superb. Ambition, pressing and taking the game to them. Yes this created space for them to attack but we backed ourselves and it paid off. That’s how Rangers should play and to do so against a team with the quality that Villareal have is just outstanding. Best result for us in many years and Steven Gerrard has to take great credit for it.

Can't believe I was feeling rather dissapointed for a while with a 2-2 draw! That arfield chance at the end, what a moment that would have been.

When all is said and done, great performance, 2nd half especially. Nights like this seemed 3 or 4 years away just 6 month ago. Beautiful.

£20 @ 11/2 the draw at HT. Cashed out at 85 mins with a nice £70 profit.
Sneaky £20 @ 16/1 to win. Oh so close.
Absolutely fantastic performance. I believe in this team and after tonight I
hope they start to believe in themselves. Stevie G is a fuking legend.
well in man Rangers -1 on Sunday -1 is evens in bet365 banker

Missed the game due to work commitments. Looking forward to watching after midnight. Make no mistake fellow bears, that is a tremendous result. Any team playing in the Spanish top flight are going to have quality. Villareal are well established there and would have expected to win that tonight. We are well on our way now. The most important thing to remember is that we will win our 55th title soon. Maybe (although it will be a big ask) even this year. Happy days.

Fantastic Rangers,to go behind so early and left fearing the worst only to level and then lose lead in space of 2 min was heartbreaking but to level again and go so close to winning (Airfield) was immense.

And that was us missing key players too.

Superb, had to watch in work with the sound down, what we have went through this result tonight is massive well done to all that travelled.

Having had two heart attacks and a bypass operation Im not sure I can take much more of this hanging on for the last 10 mins stuff.
All I'm thinking is the games against the sheep and 'well when we lost a goal at the end.
Anyway all was well. If we can win our three home games then who knows a miracle could be on the cards.
Big Kyle did his bit as other than the goal he covered every blade of grass. Maybe for the away games a change at left back might be better but I can't really fault anybody as the result is there for all to see.
Can't wait for the next one and also Sunday.

Those two misses in injury time, one past the right post, one past the left post, had my blood pressure soaring. I might, and it's a big might, calm down before bed time.

Well done the Gers, proud of you.

That was when I thought we are back!!
Missed the old backs to the wall heart attack stuff for the last few years

Superb result tonight. Tav led by example. Lafferty chased lost causes and shut down like a man possessed. Two superb goals goals scored as well.
Watching Rangers in a top European night hearing the Blue Seas of Ibrox (my fav) getting belted out by the Bears has the hairs on my arms standing up. Spare a thought for Arfield though as the defender got to him just as he got the shot away. Watch close the challenge just does enough.
Can’t wait to get Stevie’s interview up

Had to work tonight with no access to the score.

Nearly went through the roof of my car when l found out the result .

@hitcdancoombs
Santi Cazorla pass completion rate..91 per cent. Andy Halliday? 91 per cent too. He's made quite a comeback since nearly being laughed out of Ibrox #Rangers

If that is correct it deserves a bit more attention.

Well in Andy Halliday (although Cazorla's passes were probably just a wee bit more creative;)).

Back