Match Thread Villarreal v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

Tell you what I’m going into hospital tomorrow and that has made me feel a whole lot better.Terrific 2nd half.Im chuffed to bits with them.Take a bow lads.
An incredible result for us. To come back from behind twice and then almost win it near the end shows the character and belief that Gerrard has instilled in a short space of time. He's had 1 transfer window to work with and the improvement in us is phenomenal.

Good luck with your hospital visit tomorrow mate, hope it all goes well.

What a difference watching our games now.

I said I would take a draw before the game but it's great to sit down and watch it with no fear or dread but confidence in the team that we can actually go out and get a result.

The difference from a year ago is amazing - I was probably saying I would bite your hand off for a draw against Hamilton or someone this time last year!

That was a great result and performance.

Despite all the negativity in he first half we didn’t play near as bad as some made out. Got to remember this is a relatively young side who are still getting to know each other and this is the best side we have come up against.

Losing the goal as early as we did set us back a bit and knocked our confidence, we slowly played our way back into it and deserve all the praise going.

Great result lets hope the Spanish police don't try and take revenge out on our support, safe trip home guys, but no doubt FARE will show something to put us in a bad light to try and take the limelight off what is a really fantastic result.

That half team talk must have been sensational - that’s the difference when you have a manager who has achieved at the highest level. On another note, the commentary tonight was an utter disgrace, as was Hartson in the studio. Club1872 need to call for a boycott of BT until we get proper representation. Even McCoist was shit - show some excitement for once Ally, Jesus.

I'm stuck working at sea, so instead of just checking the result I just went through the pages on this thread as if it were live. I'm jumping about celebrating as I click on one page and sitting with my head on the desk the next! Sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster to watch but what a point that is, would have absolutely taken that prior to the start of the game!

Well done Rangers!!

Brilliant result, behind twice come back to equalise twice just superb.
Loving the spirit and character of this Steven Gerrard Rangers team.

Well done to all the players and management tonight on a great result. We need to stick with the lads, even when they are playing poorly, as you never know what's around the corner. Look at the state of us the past 2 seasons and how much we have progressed in 2 months of Stevie G in full charge, it's actually remarkable.

Tell you what I’m going into hospital tomorrow and that has made me feel a whole lot better.Terrific 2nd half.Im chuffed to bits with them.Take a bow lads.
I am just out and on the antibiotics and the beer. Eek. Just as well I am not working tomorrow!

To be honest after the first half I thought it would be just another poor away game. But no, not the time.

I just wish we had been on the front foot from the first minute. We stood off far too much and we're too poor in passing decisions and anticipation. How many times were the receivers flat footed? Better in the second, but can we please start that way next time?

That half team talk must have been sensational - that’s the difference when you have a manager who has achieved at the highest level. On another note, the commentary tonight was an utter disgrace, as was Hartson in the studio. Club1872 need to call for a boycott of BT until we get proper representation. Even McCoist was shit - show some excitement for once Ally, Jesus.
McCoist didn't even think we deserved the first equaliser!

What's happened to him?

Such an immense result in respect of our history in Europe.
This was a very difficult hurdle considering from where we have come from and where we have been.
Let’s Go.

30 mins since full time.

And breathe.........

Ya fuckin dancer

Btw flights to Baku in may seem to be getting dearer:)

For those that say Europe is a distraction

Just loik at tonight

A team that is new and still blending together on a stage like that on that second half showing will improve us ten fold. Knowing we can compete in Europe is excellent experience and we will benefit hugely

Just back from work and perusing the match thread.

I see the FF experts are out in force tonight.
In fairness Arfield went through a 20 min spell where he couldn’t keep the ball and was constantly caught out of position, so that wasn’t a bad shout at the time. Worked out well in the end!

Great team spirit, brilliant result, fantastic support,so proud to be a Rangers supporter tonight.
Fvck the mhanky mhedia and the bias pysh that will be on their back pages tomorrow.
For sure w.a.t.p.

Back