VLOG of a couple lads up from Millwall for Sparta game

Brilliant watch! He could have filmed the goals right enough but that would probably meant filming the whole game- better enjoying it without the prism of a mobile!

Got a mate coming up in the new year. Hes spoke for years about coming up and ticking it off the bucket list. Just sent him this.

Cracking video and the bookies pants down. Win win win

Enjoyed watching that.think the guys enjoyed being here and learning what The Rangers are all about.Glasgow is blue.
Haste ye back.

Typical English arrogance when it comes to The
Than annoyed me- English this, English that! Nah mate British!
Wouldn’t get too worked up about it I have lived in Southern England for nearly 40 years I would say these guys are just parochial London boys.
A lot use English as shorthand for British and the union is of little or no consequence to them.
It was a decent watch though. The bald geezer could do with someone educating him but he does look the type who would pay any attention.

Rangers being a Scottish Club and Institution is integral to the Club and support. Of course it's not nearer English culture. It's Scottish Unionist culture which is a separate thing entirely. You, obviously, can be a proud Scot and Briton without remotely wanting to be English.
Just about to type just that. For me the fist sentence is spot on.

I'm a proud Scot in England. From my experience I'm regarded as a Scot, nothing else and tbh I'm happy with that.

English Culture? not sure what that even means at the moment.

He wouldn't be alone mate. It's frightening how many people, at least over here, think 'British' means English or the Union flag is the flag of England.
Recall 1966 WC Final all the Union flags- Not a St George to be seen.
Thought at the time this is weird as it is England playing not Britain!
Most Scots were supporting Germany!

Reactions: ao2
Some guys are really touchy, lots of foreigners say English when referring to GB.
I remember the days when Scots complained that English fans were flying the Union Flag at games, its oor flag tae they moaned, changed days.

Cock Tavern Loyal
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Some guys are really touchy, lots of foreigners say English when referring to GB.
I remember the days when Scots complained that English fans were flying the Union Flag at games, its oor flag tae they moaned, changed days.
English aren’t “foreigners”
They should know better IMO!

Bizarrely, there was a Ye Old Cock Tavern on the strand doing Rangers games at the time as well
Yes - I used to work on Embankment and that was just 5 mins round the corner, so I often visited it at lunchtime and after work for a few beers.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've spent about 30 years 'down here' and about 30 years 'up there' and have absolutely nothing in common with small-minded bitter wee Nationalist arseholes. Equally, though, I despise the 'little Englanders' - though I don't meet very many of them and their presence is greatly exaggerated by the ScotchNats.

I think being Scottish and Unionist gives us the best of both worlds. We can be proud of Scotland and its contribution to the world and we can be comfortable being British with its rich cultural history. There's no need to choose when you can, actually, have your cake and eat it!
Small minded bitter wee Nationalist arseholes, but Little Englanders are greatly exaggerated...? F#ck me, you'd make a great spin doctor, being able to manipulate and bend things...

I'm in the same boat as you. I've spent about 30 years 'down here' and have absolutely nothing in common with small-minded bitter wee Nationalist arseholes. Equally, though, I despise the 'little Englanders' - though I don't meet very many of them and their presence is greatly exaggerated by the ScotchNats.

Replied to the part of your post I could have written. It’s the Scottish unionist in me that makes me British. Not a desire to be “more English”.

I do feel though that some ignorance does exist down here with some people feeling being British Scot means being anti Scottish.

Took a couple of Millwall lads to the Cock Tavern years ago for a Sash Bash and they absolutely loved it.
I remember that. Was always popular with our RSC OO lads who’d go into London for walks and with others at the club who went to Chelsea or Millwall games.

Rangers being a Scottish Club and Institution is integral to the Club and support. Of course it's not nearer English culture. It's Scottish Unionist culture which is a separate thing entirely. You, obviously, can be a proud Scot and Briton without remotely wanting to be English.
Correct, sir.

Yes - I used to work on Embankment and that was just 5 mins round the corner, so I often visited it at lunchtime and after work for a few beers.
Used to laugh at all the legal eagles sitting at the bar with the sash bash belting out on the floor above.

Madhouse the few times i was in.
Yes, total madhouse, saw a couple of games v them in there. Lots of guys in from NI, tunes getting belted out. Got treated great once it was established was from Glasgow and a bear. Before that was eyed with deep suspicion, told I looked like a plain clothes copper (not for the first and last time).

'Rangers culture' is far nearer to English culture than Scottish culture these days. Yes, we celebrate British traditions, but the Scottish element has become less and less integral. The fact that one of the only places in Scotland you will see a Union Flag proudly displayed is at Rangers games or establishments tells you everything you need to know about the cultural and political position in Scotland.

As as 'Scot' who has lived half my life in Scotland and half in England I have far more in common with the English and English fans that I do with Scotland fans and many Scottish people.

When English people are bombarded with English hating SNP, Sturgeon, independence every day on their tv's etc it's only natural that English people are happy to see that the Rangers side are 'different' to this, so respect it.
Is it %^*&.

Enjoyed that. I subscribe to Lions TV, he always does a good summary at games . Bit of a step up from hospitality at the Den , and bearing in mind he had an afternoon session before Ibrox , I thought he came across well. I'm at the Den Sat for Birmingham at home, my mate has a box, will keep an eye out for the Lions TV fella and give him some credit
Put them right about the English/British, Scottish/British thing. It really gets on my f#cking tits, and I'm not alone...Ignorant Ingerlund know all....

It was certainly a good laugh in there mate. Those were the days.
I used to work on Dallington Street, just off Goswell Road when that place was open, great for catching midweek games,

wasn't there a place before that called something similar on Tottenham Court Road?

Thanks to the OP, good to see they enjoyed it

Last edited:
Over 6k views already in 24h, the guys want to come up for another game n against scum.
I'm sorted with season book, need 2 tickets

Back in the nineties I was out in Kos with the lads on holiday. Sitting having a beer at the beach with a mate, a big Hivs fan, and this group of serious looking lads arrive. Straight away, I'm expecting bother and then of course they speak to us. On finding out I was a bear and my mate was Hibs, they brightened right up, told us they were Milwall and how much the love Rangers, that Milwall was founded by bears/Glaswegian dock workers, hence the blue strip and lion emblem. Also massively respected Hivs, as apparently the CCS had come down to their place that summer and had a run around with them. So it turned into a great wee session long into the night :)

Think I've heard that kind of chat about Rangers founding/influences on a few other clubs. Something else to be proud of as a bear.

I just spoke to the big boy and he's disappointed he's upset people. He's said he's British and no surrender

It's a fun video.

Really enjoyable and don't let the parochial few get him down. Some people just don't understand there's a whole big world out there where people have different upbringings and perspectives. There was no desrespectful intent there, nothing but positives.

Back