VPN support for today's match

Rocknroll

Official Ticketer
On holiday in Greece. Trying to watch Sky Sports app with Surfshark VPN, however, it keeps saying Video Unavailable. Does anyone know a VPN that might work with the Sky Sports app to allow me to watch?

I use RTV here all the time and no issues. Another option for sky is something called Nordvpn. My son got it free for Mr when he signed up to revolut banking

It will work on Sky but there is a work around required.

I think from memory you need to close Sky Go, activate the VPN, then click aeroplane mode, then select the WiFi again then open Sky Go.

RTV will work with no VPN as you’re physically out the UK.

I use ExpressVPN and have watched live football on BT / TNT / Sky, with no issues - obviously setting the VPN back to the UK.

I use RTV here all the time and no issues. Another option for sky is something called Nordvpn. My son got it free for Mr when he signed up to revolut banking
Is there an RTV app for ipad? I've only ever used it on computer.

Hmm I don't know mate. I usually watch it on a laptop. Give me 20 mins and I'll ring my son to find out if it is available on iPad
Thanks mate, but don't worry - I'll work it out. I searched for RTV app and couldn't find one, that's why I asked. No worries. Thanks all for replies

Thanks mate, but don't worry - I'll work it out. I searched for RTV app and couldn't find one, that's why I asked. No worries. Thanks all for replies
He says it is on his old one but not his new one. Something about latest software. I'm clueless with this. Anyway he says you can watch it in the browser

On holiday in Greece. Trying to watch Sky Sports app with Surfshark VPN, however, it keeps saying Video Unavailable. Does anyone know a VPN that might work with the Sky Sports app to allow me to watch?
The way I do it for getting Sky Sports for our games when overseas is to use my mobile phone with my Three SIM card in as a hotspot.

Ipad (or whatever device you plan to watch your game on) thinks you are in the UK so no VPN required and the Three SIM has 60 GB of data to be used (at no extra cost) so for me, this is great. Should work with most other UK supplied SIM cards buts don't know this for sure. Used it in Gdansk to watch one of our games last month no issue at all.

It won’t work as sky have blocked lots of VPN servers so that people cannot watch abroad.

You could try various other UK servers on surf shark to see if one works and isn’t blocked. Otherwise, as another poster has mentioned if you hotspot to your phone then this will work since your phone maintains a UK IP address when abroad (be wary of data usage though!). RTV will work without VPN in Greece and for £10 will probably be your best and easiest option.

As an aside, if anyone has this issue regularly and would like to stream sky abroad then there is a fairly easy way of doing so via your own private VPN. You can use a Raspberry pi and set up mesh net with Nord VPN. It allows you to route your traffic via your home network connection. This is also useful for getting around Netflix new password sharing laws as you can allow your friends/family to route their connection via your internet. If you Google NordVPN meshnet on raspberry pi then you’ll find simple instructions on setup. It’s available on free Nord accounts too.

I’m in Croatia, have Nord VPN and have been using it for my bets for the last week without issue. Just tried Sky app and seems to be working ok.

The way I do it for getting Sky Sports for our games when overseas is to use my mobile phone with my Three SIM card in as a hotspot.

Ipad (or whatever device you plan to watch your game on) thinks you are in the UK so no VPN required and the Three SIM has 60 GB of data to be used (at no extra cost) so for me, this is great. Should work with most other UK supplied SIM cards buts don't know this for sure. Used it in Gdansk to watch one of our games last month no issue at all.
Do you work for the Scottish executive? :D

The Sky app Geo-blocks when watching on the iPad although as others have said you might get round this with Airplane mode.

If on a laptop, this is not the case and Sky works fine with a VPN.

RTV will work on either.

Sky may well be detecting your vpn and blocking it

Buy rangers tv

I thought you could watch sky go abroad or have they changed that.
If you are not seeing the day pass on RTV the trick is switch data off.
Sometimes your phone still registers as in the UK.

Turn off location services and manually change your clock back to UK time.

Back