Waddell - Magical money pot

Yet another hatchet job from yet another Lawell lap-dog.

Magic money pot? You do know we’ve just sold 46,000 season tickets? At an average of say £400 that’s around £18.5m to start with. The Hummel deal is rumoured to be around £3m per year, and prize money from the Europa League last season will be £3m at least. Then there’s shirt and stadium sponsorship which could conservatively generate £2m per year. We’re now up to £26.5m before we start looking at replica kit sales and sundry income from this season coming. I’m pretty convinced our non-transfer outgoings and costs will not be anywhere near £26.5m so the fact we can spend £3.5m on a player shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone in possession of a working abacus or P4 maths ability. Which would seem to rule out Waddell.

The tired old “Newcomer rubbish”, which even the rabid, biased and bigoted SFA/SPFL have had to admit is wrong? Presented under the cover of reporting what celtic fans believe since he doesn’t have the balls to nail his colours to that mast. It’s as childish as it is predictable as it is inaccurate.

Celtic have the best players? Obviously subjective and his defence is that they won the league but a quick comparison makes that assertion look shaky at best; they don’t have the best keeper, central defenders, right back or striker. They also no longer have all the best midfielders with only McGregor and Forrest producing the goods.

As usual with SMSM, the truth is totally different to what is regurgitated to their increasingly small, bitter audience. Scotland is now a case study for what happens when a democratic society no longer has a free press.

Good post RH.

I’m not sure the period from TLB took over until the end of the season proved that they have better players any more, and even more so after a few defenders left.

Waddell is and always will be nothing more than a lickspittle
He uses the term old firm
I don’t want my team associated in any way with a team embroiled in child abuse
I don’t want my team associated in any way with a club that from top to bottom has covered up the abuse of young boys for over 40 years
We are burdened with having to play them on the football side but we should distance ourselves in everything else from this rancid organisation

The new odd couple Waddell and Mcgillivan journalists bloggers? What we do know is they are tarred with the Sectarian brush. And it will haunt them till the day they die.

You’d think a football journalist would be hyping up potentially the most exciting title race in a decade. Resurgent Rangers, Celtic under real threat, new managers at Killie and Hibs, Aberdeen signing a few. All good for Scottish football, no? Apparently not, let’s piss all over it and talk it down. How idiots like this hold down their jobs is utterly baffling.

Our game hated itself to death long ago.

Just a wild guess Gordon, but seeing as we’re talking about Europe - remember that run we had last year that took us into the group stages of the Europa League and reportedly generated an eight figure sum for the club?

Call me crazy, but . . .

[QUOTE="dookieno8, post: 3929898, member: 10203"]It's not a silly question re the magical money pot. The point is, he doesn't have sound such a bitter prick about it.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is for someone employed to write about football. He can read the accounts, the various news stories in his paper about the recent egm, or indeed the literally dozens of columns he crayoned over the years asking why Dave King wasn’t investing the “promised £30m”.

He’s at the very least a lazy, poisonous little chunt and maybe something more sinister. Unlike Radio Scotland we should genuinely ban the bheggar fanzine he scribbles for. See how that helps your dwindling circulation scumbags.

And too think I used to buy the rag he works for.

The good news - time is ticking on papers like this - out of work in the not to distant I think Gordon

When we win the title next May and the SPFL confirm it is world record number 55, it won't be safe to walk under tall buildings for all the filth flinging themselves out windows.
With a bit of luck Waddell's office is on the 10th floor.

Tims just spent £10m on two defenders and yet face huge pay outs to victims of the paedophile ring at their club. That's riskier surely?

How much more mileage can they get out of this? The ship has been steadied long ago and we have season tickets sold out (around £25 million) before we talk about merchandise and anything else.

It's safe to say that without getting close to any sort of financial issue - £3.5 million is a drop in the ocean, if that's what it takes to get a big summer signing the gaffer wants.

If Alfie goes these idiots will need a defibrillator for the money we might spend.

They'll probably still ask where the money came from...

Good old Gordon Waddell, a shining light of optimism and feel good articles by the bucket load. A man so locked in his own dismal depression that the only release is to pen poison letters like the above and attempt to drag the rest of us down.

Let’s ignore record season ticket sales and prolonged run in Europe last year and also the process of changing loans to equity thus removing external debt and pretend Rangers are skint, I’d also suggest both us and that lot are keen to have extended runs in Europe and are building squads to cope on both fronts. Thus bettering the image of Scottish football and satisfying money paying supporters and cash rich broadcasters who love European nights just as much as league ding dongs with the mighty Ross county and the likes.

Must be awful being a Falkirk fan with such a dreary outlook on life. Dark, grey and miserable.

C.nt.

Rangers will make £30 million on season and ticket sales this season.
Never mind all the other revenue streams.
Hospitality
Sponsors
EL group?
Prize money
Food
Merch

But it's still gonna be shite in reality as Aberdeen are on track to fall at the 1st hurdle...again!

How dare football clubs try to win their league.

As for the tone of this garbage. Rangers are the biggest and best club in the land and normal service is about to be resumed you utter utter bellend

1. 2007/08 was the UEFA Cup.

2. 39 games, that's great but actually half by us and the rest was the others.

3. Magical money pot? He answers his own question in that sentence.
' backed by the board'. So the money comes personally from the board members not a mysterious money pot.

4. Strength in depth to cope? Well we almost did last season. (knock on wood).

Haven't purchased a newspaper since our difficulties and don't watch or listen to any mhedia eminating in Scotland. Don't watch or listen to any pundits before, during or after TV matches. This article confirms my stance.

Don't forget we receive £millions from the Turkish, Bulgarian and Cypriot Governments from sales of our 'unofficial taps' :)):)):)):))

He's just another paedophile apologist.
Who really cares what warped, biased drivel he writes?

The mhedia are trying every angle to diminish, destabilise and degrade all actions coming from us (sorry for all the ds') We are never getting any pro-active articles any time soon. As a whole, the dhims are worried about us this season and it shows. They are ramping up the wee digs and nasty rumours but the only ones biting are them. Good luck to them but come 55 all hell will be unleashed and I for one can't wait.
WATP

Basically ,.... Thank you Rangers for fighting against the tides after we sh*t on you and kicked you out of the league.

Join with the other clubs to get our co-efficient up and make us look good to others in order to cover up all the bad things in Scottish football.

Normal service will be resumed at the end of the season when we win number 55 and the haters will crawl back under their rocks to hide away.

Any other league theyd be licking their lips at the season ahead with both teams strengthening and going for it, should be advertising our game, getting excited for what lies ahead, but no, our journos try focus on a negative.

craOTE="barcode, post: 3929610, member: 670"]So its been 11 years since any team outside of old firm have made the group stages. If we really are the sevco new team that he 'innocently' references, then that first fact is incorrect. But we know that's not the case.

And magical pot of money? Its 3.5 million. How much of that is paid upfront this season? Is he saying that we have no money despite 46000 season tickets, domestic and UEFA prize monies, retail revenue, renewed sponsor deal, and no debt? Is he saying we shouldn't be buying anyone?[/QUOTE]
I just love to see them stewing and bewildered,and as for the sevco rubbish,does he for get all the Celts for any loose change crap, they've even changed the badge a couple of times.

Waddell’s a wanker

If we win the league this season these Rangers hating c.unts will be inconsolable and be on suicide watch

Bring it on and I just hope we turn the draws into wins and get it FF to a good start which will give the team confidence

Guys like Waddell are desperate for us to fail

I hope we prove them wrong and stop the beasts winning another league title

The level of Scottish sports journalist is ridiculously low ,no wonder the sales are plummeting this article proves the point so obviously biased it defies belief .
There must be young journalists out there who could write accurate interesting neutral articles but not been given the chance .As I've said before scum like Waddell are just the stupid patsies, the real culprits are the faceless editors who proof these ridiculous garbage .
Hugh McIlvanney must be turning in their grave .

Heres another three letters for you Gordon, DUP. As for his article the usual scottish newspaper formula, C£&%#c = wonderful, Rangers = bad and snyde remark's a plenty.

Strange he quotes Filth as spending £7m on a centre half, whilst Rangers spend £3.5m on a Swedish defender (not £4.5m on a Swedish international centre half).

Back