Walter not at Ibrox for trophy day

Simply sad to here that Walter remains unwell, get well soon.
He said he has been unwell hopefully he is on the road to recovery I’m sure Walter will enjoy the day as much as the rest of us wishing you good health Walter Smith a true Rangers Legend well done Steven Gerrard a Rangers legend well in the making.

Last edited:
You can clearly see Gerrard was brought up in a huge Club to appreciate its history, importance to the fans and to respect the figures in its history who made it what it is, he just oozes Class.
Not just his club, but his city. Gerrard was always going to fall in love with Rangers and get everything about it. The foresight to appoint him cannot be understated. An absolute masterstroke.

Walter is Rangers as far as I am concerned.

It speaks volumes that if he were to walk into the stadium today he'd command more respect than anyone that's currently at the club, be it management team or the board.

And that's not meant to belittle our current staff and board members.

For the older generation they have John Greig, for my generation (born 80s) it has and always will be Walter.

What he did in his second spell almost eclipses the first spell IMO. He inherited a bunch of misfits and the very next season took them to a European final, then went on to win 3 in a row all the while everything was being downsized around him

Walter is Rangers as far as I am concerned.

It speaks volumes that if he were to walk into the stadium today he'd command more respect than anyone that's currently at the club, be it management team or the board.

And that's not meant to belittle our current staff and board members.

For the older generation they have John Greig, for my generation (born 80s) it has and always will be Walter.

What he did in his second spell almost eclipses the first spell IMO. He inherited a bunch of misfits and the very next season took them to a European final, then went on to win 3 in a row all the while everything was being downsized around him

Forever until I die I will always just call him Walter.

Just like you did.

Great post by Greg too.

Walter is the Legend’s legend.

Would have been nice to see Walter present the trophy instead of these dirty tramp wallopers from spfl

Honestly welling up reading some of the replies in this thread, Walter has a special place in many of our hearts he feels like a close family member.

I remember going to Valencia in 2009 and tbe sport options flight was departing 10-15 mins after or before the team flight so we walked in the airport and Ethel and Walter were at the main check in terminal I’m guessing she just dropped him off and was saying her goodbyes.

Anyways the players and management had to pass our gate to there’s and we got plenty of pics with the team and my mate stopped Walter, I was shaking that much taking the picture of him and Walter it turned out a shocker :D.

Really hope he can recover from whatever he is fighting.

SG is just Rangers class , love it when he speaks.
As for Walter they broke the mold with that man a proper Ranger .

Nice words from the gaffer.
Like everyone else I share the same sentiments regarding Sir Walter and wish him a speedy recovery.
A true legend of our club and a giant of a man.

Did Steven Gerrard play for Bill Struth in a previous life?

He's about two steps away from breaking out the tape measure to measure the amount of black above the red on the player socks.

He just gets what a Rangers manager should be.

Back