War Zone without Guns

I’m more interested in Rangers and the football they play, not interested in silly games like flying planes over Celtic park and slagging off Shane Duffy, if you did the same Rangers would benefit from it.

Right.

So how many posts have you made about Rangers and the football they play? Oh wait, it's zero. None at all. Whereas I have been posting about actual football in this forum for about a decade (actually more like 2 decades - %^*& sake) and been admin on another for years.

Just about every one of your posts has been slagging our fans or club in some way, and you've not mentioned players teams or tactics once. How can you even reply like that with a straight face?

Last edited:
I’m more interested in Rangers and the football they play, not interested in silly games like flying planes over Celtic park and slagging off Shane Duffy, if you did the same Rangers would benefit from it.

John , you seem to be a tad upset about big Duffy getting it tight, or flying planes over the Piggery.
I know what you are!!

We could well be seeing Hibs and Scotland fans pissing it up on the streets in the coming weeks. Be watching the coverage with interest.

BTW - Still no video has surfaced of this ‘sectarian singing’ - and you can guarantee there were dozens of interlopers kicking around desperate for it. In fact I haven’t seen an iota of evidence of any ‘anti-catholic discrimination’. It was fans celebrating their teams first title in ten years and some took it too far (ie got too drunk). That’s it, that’s what constitutes major news in Sturgeon’s Scotland.

Don’t think anyone is I googled the headline and the whole article opens up .
That shows how professional they are if you click the link I get taken to a paywall message (at least for me on Android Chrome browser) but if you Google the headline you can bypass it. Good to know for future use.

Funny when the headlines said George Square was like a 'warzone!' I'm sure the folk in Israel would disagree and certainly swap the George Square "warzone" to what they are going through.
Exactly mate. Crash barriers think because they cosplay I Ran Away that they are an army and they know and understand war. If they love Palestine that much they ought to go there. I’m sick and tired of what my country has become. I really hope the club are working away in the background on something to show the hypocrisy over the last few years.

Last edited:
Exactly mate. Crash barriers think because they cosplay I Ran Away that they are an army and they know and understand war. If they love Palestine that much they ought to go there. I’m sick and tired of what my country has become. I really hope the club are working away in the background on something to show the hypocrisy over the last few years.
See the next PLO gathering we should complain about the anti-Semitic and anti -Israeli chats that we all heard just going about our daily business .

Are you trying to water down what happened on Saturday, I’m a Rangers fan and my daughter foolishly went into the city for an eye appointment, she said what she saw in Glasgow on Saturday terrified her, but I could have written the script for it the same idiots who always let the club down were out in force again, let’s hope the (public order officers) or to you the polis catch these morons so that the club can ban them for life.
At least we now know ill phils log in for FF

30 arrests from 15000 people. Doesn’t sound like a warzone to me. loud crowds and a lot of litter yes. A war zone I don’t think so. If they wanted to live in a quiet village why do they live in the City centre.

it’s Celtic fans telling lies again, exaggerating beyond belief because they hate Rangers fans. It’s as simple as that.
I take it the death toll was considerable and the NHS was crippled by the number of casualties

I take it the death toll was considerable and the NHS was crippled by the number of casualties
Did someone not post yesterday that the Royal was told to go on alert for a major incident and all staff who had not been drinking be prepared to come in, it is not only insulting to us but to all the Emergency services that they make lies like this up .

This bullshyte is why print media is dying at an alarming rate. I got one delight in its demise. Hypocritical lying scaremongering rhats

A family friend who was on duty last Saturday night got hit in the face with a Buckie bottle,He lost 3 teeth had stitches in his gum and lip,While they were treating him at the scene the battles were still being rained down him,It would probably have felt like a war zone to him.

The 4000 people who are out pricing the working class in Glasgow. They don't want working class scum in the centre wake up Glasgow they are no friends of yours

Evening Times pish again yet again quoting witnesses and their accounts without any evidence some of the reports are really getting beyond a joke.

DISMAYED residents in the city centre have hit out at Rangers fans who “dominated” the area at the weekend, describing scenes that unfolded as “a warzone without the guns”.

Locals have revealed that they were either “too intimidated” to enter the streets on Saturday or forced to take diversions around title celebrations on their way to and from work.

A number of residents that did pluck up the courage to leave their homes have claimed they were subjected to a string of sickening sectarian and racist attacks.

Dr Duncan MacLaren, chairman of the Merchant City and Trongate Community Council, has spoken on behalf of the locals he represents.
He said: “Around 4000 people live in the city centre and most of them were too intimidated to venture forth on Saturday night because of the so-called celebrations of so-called Rangers fans.

“It was like being in a war zone without the guns. People were attacked for having green on their uniforms, for being brown or for wearing a headscarf or for being the police who were trying to keep the peace. Some of the ‘fans’ spat at people and were heard to say, ‘we’ll give you Covid’.

“There were flares everywhere from the afternoon which endangered all of us and could have caused serious fires. Anti-Catholic songs were sung as if they were pop songs – the hatred hung in the air.”

It is the second time that people living in the area have had to endure gatherings after Rangers fans congregated at George Square in March to celebrate Scottish Premiership victory.

Liam McNally, who lives on Ingram Street, said: “The violence was worse this time around, I think.

“A sectarian song was chanted at my friend and I – it wasn’t nice.

“There are fans out there that wanted to celebrate responsibly so it is just a shame that the violence clearly overpowered any means of a peaceful gathering. I know that Public Order officers were called in but for a while it felt like they were dominating the area.
“It’s not fair for residents in the area, especially families with kids. Nobody wants to be locked up in their flats all weekend.”

Sarah English, who lives in Blythswood, added: “How many times will we let the city become an unsafe place for its residents?

“As any community, all we want is to be able to walk home and feel safe and yet from the start of Saturday the city was made a war zone.

“We should not be forced to take diversions, walk through broken glass and dodge people mindlessly punching others dressed in the same colours. Inebriated ‘fans’ shouted abuse at my friend for no reason – how is any city centre resident meant to feel safe?”

Initially, Police Scotland said that the celebrations had been peaceful but riot cops were soon drafted to the scene after violent incidents started to break out.

Alexander Stephenson, who lives on George Street, said: “The scenes I saw outside my window were disgusting. I know Rangers fans – I know they were disgusted by this too, and at the police.

“The police approach was ridiculous. I understand and agree they cannot and should not simply charge a mass of fans to clear them out and that diplomacy was off the menu.

“But their strategy to take away alcohol and fireworks failed. I saw it with my own eyes.”

Almost 30 arrests were made throughout the day for a wide range of offences while officers have warned that more are on the way.

A dedicated task force has since been set up by Police Scotland to investigate the
“violence and disorder” that took place at George Square.
On Monday, Rangers Football Club condemned the “small minority” of fans who “besmirched the good name” during celebrations.

Ruth Suter
Every Rangers fans who has bought this gutter rag or clicked on its website, just paid, literally, for that article.

Dr Duncan MacLaren quoted in the Evening Times article today just happens to have also been . . .​

First ever director of SCIAF and a Papal knight. Fancy that! What a coincidence!

GWRqdXm.png

MZx6GYj.png
Surprise, surprise. Anyone would think him and all the other rats that have crawled out woodwork since the weekend had an agenda. Or am I just paranoid? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to water down what happened on Saturday, I’m a Rangers fan and my daughter foolishly went into the city for an eye appointment, she said what she saw in Glasgow on Saturday terrified her, but I could have written the script for it the same idiots who always let the club down were out in force again, let’s hope the (public order officers) or to you the polis catch these morons so that the club can ban them for life.
Champions

Evening Times pish again yet again quoting witnesses and their accounts without any evidence some of the reports are really getting beyond a joke.

DISMAYED residents in the city centre have hit out at Rangers fans who “dominated” the area at the weekend, describing scenes that unfolded as “a warzone without the guns”.

Locals have revealed that they were either “too intimidated” to enter the streets on Saturday or forced to take diversions around title celebrations on their way to and from work.

A number of residents that did pluck up the courage to leave their homes have claimed they were subjected to a string of sickening sectarian and racist attacks.

Dr Duncan MacLaren, chairman of the Merchant City and Trongate Community Council, has spoken on behalf of the locals he represents.
He said: “Around 4000 people live in the city centre and most of them were too intimidated to venture forth on Saturday night because of the so-called celebrations of so-called Rangers fans.

“It was like being in a war zone without the guns. People were attacked for having green on their uniforms, for being brown or for wearing a headscarf or for being the police who were trying to keep the peace. Some of the ‘fans’ spat at people and were heard to say, ‘we’ll give you Covid’.

“There were flares everywhere from the afternoon which endangered all of us and could have caused serious fires. Anti-Catholic songs were sung as if they were pop songs – the hatred hung in the air.”

It is the second time that people living in the area have had to endure gatherings after Rangers fans congregated at George Square in March to celebrate Scottish Premiership victory.

Liam McNally, who lives on Ingram Street, said: “The violence was worse this time around, I think.

“A sectarian song was chanted at my friend and I – it wasn’t nice.

“There are fans out there that wanted to celebrate responsibly so it is just a shame that the violence clearly overpowered any means of a peaceful gathering. I know that Public Order officers were called in but for a while it felt like they were dominating the area.
“It’s not fair for residents in the area, especially families with kids. Nobody wants to be locked up in their flats all weekend.”

Sarah English, who lives in Blythswood, added: “How many times will we let the city become an unsafe place for its residents?

“As any community, all we want is to be able to walk home and feel safe and yet from the start of Saturday the city was made a war zone.

“We should not be forced to take diversions, walk through broken glass and dodge people mindlessly punching others dressed in the same colours. Inebriated ‘fans’ shouted abuse at my friend for no reason – how is any city centre resident meant to feel safe?”

Initially, Police Scotland said that the celebrations had been peaceful but riot cops were soon drafted to the scene after violent incidents started to break out.

Alexander Stephenson, who lives on George Street, said: “The scenes I saw outside my window were disgusting. I know Rangers fans – I know they were disgusted by this too, and at the police.

“The police approach was ridiculous. I understand and agree they cannot and should not simply charge a mass of fans to clear them out and that diplomacy was off the menu.

“But their strategy to take away alcohol and fireworks failed. I saw it with my own eyes.”

Almost 30 arrests were made throughout the day for a wide range of offences while officers have warned that more are on the way.

A dedicated task force has since been set up by Police Scotland to investigate the
“violence and disorder” that took place at George Square.
On Monday, Rangers Football Club condemned the “small minority” of fans who “besmirched the good name” during celebrations.

Ruth Suter
I consider this a "GrImm" fairytale.

A family friend who was on duty last Saturday night got hit in the face with a Buckie bottle,He lost 3 teeth had stitches in his gum and lip,While they were treating him at the scene the battles were still being rained down him,It would probably have felt like a war zone to him.
I think you have to be in a war zone to make that comparison I wish your friend a speedy recovery and hope whoever hit him with a bottle gets what’s coming to them .

5iQRFKC.jpg

I live in the City Centre, these gimps don’t speak for me.

I’ve also been to an actual warzone and I don’t remember much singing and dancing.

Are the people crying about having to take diversions the same during AUOB marches?

“We’ll give you Covid”? Aye nae bother

Maybe the Home Office were doing folks a favour last week?

Remove them from the savagery and war zone that is Glasgow, back to the relevant comfort and safety of the Middle East.

The same thing happened when Celtic fans trashed the city during their treble treble celebrations. It's the double standards from the media and Scottish Govt that people are highlighting. The disorder is no different from what I've saw on the streets during TRNSMT regarding people fighting and disorder.

I actually think the police made things much worse with their heavy-handed approach. Why didn't they go in with riot police and riot shields to drag away those that were surrounding police vans and immigration vans in a hotspot area last week? If they had, they would have got the same reaction as they did on Saturday. Did you see the reports of the bloke that was assaulted by the police and the video of the girl attacked by coppers for sitting doing nothing at a statue? That was police brutality and evidence of the heavy-handed attitude coppers had
Police Scotland had no intention of assisting the Immigration Officers last week, the reason the stand off lasted so long was because that’s how long it took the Police to find the legislation that got them off the hook with the Home Office.

One of my mates was involved.

Raining down. Please show evidence of this.

For me, the police were heavy-handed in their whole approach. The video is online of the girl basically attacked by them and there bloke that was in the papers who was there are assaulted by the police so for me, they also need to look at their actions and how they dealt with the situation.

As I said earlier in the thread, I wasn't there on Saturday but during TRNSMT, in Glasgow I've seen many battles with neds against neds and at Argyle street just at M&S, I saw neds lob bottles at each other.

So random plain-clothed civilians were walking through town and Rangers supporters just carried out religiously and racially motivated attacks on them.

What an absolute steaming pile of shite.

The lies surrounding Saturday are absolutely farcical.

Where was her eye appointment? Could be handy to know if ever I need a late Saturday night appointment because until the evening there was absolutely no bother.

If that was celtc doing the usual when they turnout to celebrate if they had got the '10'*, the headlines would be "Police praise the thousands of good natured celtc fans behaviour in day of celebration", we all know it.
...and therein lies the problem.
They control the media ergo they control the story.
Rangers face the same problem as Unionists in Northern Ireland. We are reactive rather than proactive.
The game plan seems to be, ignore the problem and it'll go away....it won't.

It was like being in a war zone without the guns. People were attacked for having green on their uniforms, for being brown or for wearing a headscarf or for being the police who were trying to keep the peace. Some of the ‘fans’ spat at people and were heard to say, ‘we’ll give you Covid’.

Does this mean being Scott Brown?

What a sad and wee shitey country Scotland is, Then fek I dont live there.

Never heard a 71 year old use the word slag or slagging in my life. Never heard a 71 year old Rangers fan call it anything other than Parkhead.

I didnt say it didnt happen I asked if you had evidence of it.
There may well have been bottles still being thrown about however I doubt they were raining down.
Throw away hyperbolic statements help no-one
I wasn’t there I didn’t see it there were no pictures,So I can only take the families word for it,

For me, the police were heavy-handed in their whole approach. The video is online of the girl basically attacked by them and there bloke that was in the papers who was there are assaulted by the police so for me, they also need to look at their actions and how they dealt with the situation.

As I said earlier in the thread, I wasn't there on Saturday but during TRNSMT, in Glasgow I've seen many battles with neds against neds and at Argyle street just at M&S, I saw neds lob bottles at each other.
I have only seen 2 clips one of neds throwing various objects at the police and one of a policeman sticking a girl with his shield,
Let’s describe the whole shit storm as neds v police and police v neds leave Rangers out of it.

Attacking people for wearing green.

Attacking people for being catholic (how does one even tell such a thing).

Attacking people for being Irish (again how does one tell such a thing).

Attacking people for wearing headscarves.

Attacking people for being brown.

Spitting on people and telling them they were getting Covid.

All of the above from anonymous eye witnesses without a single shred of evidence. It’s sad that so many people will be lapping up these blatant lies.

This is a coordinated attack on our club and support that is being allowed to run wild by the media and those in power without even requiring evidence to support it. Indeed those in power are actively participating in, and encouraging it.

Also how does this work going forward?

Can i turn up to an indy march or a filth game and then just go to the media and make such unsubstantiated claims which will then make it to print and be fully endorsed by politicians and Police Scotland?

I wasn’t there I didn’t see it there were no pictures,So I can only take the families word for it,
Id suggest they have exaggerated the situation.
That said police should not be getting hit in the face with bottles, nor should police be hitting young women with riot shields.
Araeholes on each side of the situation. 99.9% fans behaved and enjoyed themselves. 99.9% police operated in the manner they should have

given the current situation in the Middle East
i'll go with fucking warzone? really?
The lack of self awareness it takes to declare your "solidarity" with Palestinians one day, then the next day equate broken bottles and small groups of clowns fighting and throwing barriers at police with a "warzone."

And all because your football team came a distant second and/or you've sold your soul to a political movement high on its own supply, driven by entitlement and grievance. Sad if it wasn't so dangerous.

Attacking people for wearing green.

Attacking people for being catholic (how does one even tell such a thing).

Attacking people for being Irish (again how does one tell such a thing).

Attacking people for wearing headscarves.

Attacking people for being brown.

Spitting on people and telling them they were getting Covid.

All of the above from anonymous eye witnesses without a single shred of evidence. It’s sad that so many people will be lapping up these blatant lies.

This is a coordinated attack on our club and support that is being allowed to run wild by the media and those in power without even requiring evidence to support it. Indeed those in power are actively participating in, and encouraging it.
It’s Thursday and it’s still going on that says everything about this Country.

It’s Thursday and it’s still going on that says everything about this Country.

Yip and it’s literally new pish being made up each day.

None of the lies in that article in the OP have been mentioned anywhere else all week. Horrendous racism, attacking civilians in the streets and spitting Covid on innocent passersby, yet the accounts have taken 6 days to surface.

Out haters are basically seeing this as an open goal to pile on and make up any old shite they want about our support and it will be printed and backed up by the SG.

The whole thing is totally out of control.

"A number of residents that did pluck up the courage to leave their homes have claimed they were subjected to a string of sickening sectarian and racist attacks."

Wait a minute, they came out of their homes (brave souls) and our demon fans were able to identify them as celtic fans or Catholics just by looking at them (joking aside). Or did they come out wearing their mhanky tops deliberately?! In which case I question the plucking up of courage.
It seems it was the brave peoples friends that were all abused , not the people making the comments .
"My friend had a sectarian song sang at him it wasn't nice "
Whaaaat?
Lot of pish .
File under didn't happen .

That article could be dismantled sentence by sentence and it's basically the journalist:
- allowing descriptions to go unchallenged ("warzone")
- dropping in claims without evidence (that whole bit about people with headscarfs, being attacked because they have brown skin)
- creating the impression that things that happened in many European cities when fans celebrated league wins - drinking! Flares! - are inherently thuggish or "vile" or "dangerous"

Compare photos of the general scene in Glasgow on Saturday to Amsterdam, Milan or Lisbon after their league was won, and spot the difference.

It's all in how you choose to describe it. How you describe it reflects how you see it. And if you see fans climbing on monuments in two crowded squares with flares going off, and your description of one is "vile, dangerous criminality" while you shrug your shoulders at the other and go "outpouring of joy"? If you overplay the role of violence from a tiny minority to the extent that you're smearing the entire celebration? If you watch a 40 second video of players from all over the world, white, black, Protestant, Catholic, singing a Neil Diamond song and you hear something that nobody else in the world, outside of Scottish political and media obsessives hears? And you're so convinced of all this that you choose to participate in whipping up a controversy that targets a black Rangers player, enables a racist Czech mob to abuse your black player who the world watched them abuse two months ago, and a broader hysteria that intentionally distorts reality and makes Scotland look like a bizarre, hate-filled shithole? Well, maybe you are the bigot. Maybe it's you who is 'anti-'. Maybe it's you who is #ScotlandsShame.

Yip and it’s literally new pish being made up each day.

None of the lies in that article in the OP have been mentioned anywhere else all week. Horrendous racism, attacking civilians in the streets and spitting Covid on innocent passersby, yet the accounts have taken 6 days to surface.

Out haters are basically seeing this as an open goal to pile on and make up any old shite they want about our support and it will be printed and backed up by the SG.

The whole thing is totally out of control.
It’s out of control as far as we are concerned but it’s in total control by our haters ,they are all using the same dialogue that didn’t happen by chance after this has run it’s mileage what will be next the OO my guess.This is a concerted effort by them its Rangers this week but overhaul their fight is against the Union,SNP and the usual Provo lovers seem to be in cahoots this week but that won’t last I don’t know what they expect the outcome to be because we won’t be going anywhere .

Back