Warburton to be appointed QPR manager

If anyone listens to the brilliant Peter Crouch podcast(completely recommend) he spoke about certain types of manager and one summed up MW to a tee.

Was along the lines of “players know what they’re going to get, one type of successful(sic) way of playing and we stick with it but know it’s ultimately never going to get you to the top”

According to sky sources...

From the big rangers to the wee rangers...
How do managerial failures like Warburton - McClaren - Hughes (yogi) - Hughes (Mark) get jobs on 6/7 figure salaries. I cannot fathom why directors / chairmen get taken in by them time after time. Any other serial managerial failures come to mind?

If anyone listens to the brilliant Peter Crouch podcast(completely recommend) he spoke about certain types of manager and one summed up MW to a tee.

Was along the lines of “players know what they’re going to get, one type of successful(sic) way of playing and we stick with it but know it’s ultimately never going to get you to the top”

I want to enjoy that podcast but the ridiculous over the top laughing makes it hard to listen to

You'll never achieve anything with a manager whose teams are incapable of defending properly.

How do managerial failures like Warburton - McClaren - Hughes (yogi) - Hughes (Mark) get jobs on 6/7 figure salaries. I cannot fathom why directors / chairmen get taken in by them time after time. Any other serial managerial failures come to mind?

Big Sam utter dross IMO. His West Ham side were terrible to watch and he didn't fare much better at Everton.

David Moyes should have never have left Everton.

Holloway, Rednap, Lambert, Queen of the South have just appointed Alan Johnstone with Sandy Clark as his Assistant....

Can’t help but think we would have been better off if we had just kept him (and given him the money) instead of throwing £10m at the Pedro experiment.

Didnt he sign players for us through an agency linked to a family member of his and they pocketed cash through every deal ? It was a rumour I heard a while back. If so how much of that £10 million would have been filtered back into his hands hypothetical of course.

Back