We have the finest collections of songs and don’t need the Billy Boys.

Here’s why mate, this is only the start . From today the sfa and the media smell blood and they will be going after us big time.
This is going to get ramped up to the point that they will be talking about point deductions.
Speirs, Leckie, the. BBC will all be pushing this agenda.
Do you therefore want to keep singing songs that could cost us the league ?
Will yiu answer my question....why have a uvf badge on a rangers forum..

Not a thing

Perhaps there’s nothing officially “ wrong” with it but this is a good a time as any to discuss whether a song like that has any merit at a Rangers game . I’m not saying yes or no people can sing what they want ( unless it’s banned of course ) .

For me build my gallows has no place at the game . Especially the “ how Fuuukkn high” neddy addon ( we fill in every second of dead air with something it seems ) . However that’s a personal opinion . If it’s not banned and people want to sing it then wire in .

We won’t all agree to a rigid songbook that’s for certain .

This is our problem. This guy can separate Rangers and his 'political' life if that's what it can be defined as. He is prepared to go to Ibrox or away and sing about Rangers only. Good on him I say.

BMG you will use? Are you from Ulster, did you fight the IRA? And when was anyone hanged for fighting the IRA :D The song although a great tune is a flucking joke. I am a loyal Rangers fan is a but more appropriate
So what..? No-one needs your permission to sing it. If you don't want to sing it that's fine, but you don't have the right to impose your World Order on someone else..

The blue flag, follow, follow, there’s not a team, every other Saturday the list is endless.
Let’s sing Songs about the Rangers along with the Sash and Derry’s walls and we will not have a problem.
It’s time to say good by to fathers advice, build my gallows, daddies uniform, men behind the wire.
and if some think that’s wrong then it’s time they stopped going to watch us.
Bang on mate.

So what..? No-one needs your permission to sing it. If you don't want to sing it that's fine, but you don't have the right to impose your World Order on someone else..
What are you asking? Confused

I don't think the people with true commitment to their heritage are at fault here.

Like many on here I am an Orange and Purple man, I'm a Derry Made Campsie man, I'm a Red Cross Black man. I am a loyalist and a Unionist and a Protestant who attends church on a weekly basis. I've spent time in the Armed Forces.

Part of my entire being is also Rangers, but for years I would never sing a song to hurt the club and determine to act in a way that brought shame to the colours or the beliefs I have.

Although I love support from those who cheer for these things, there is an embarrassing element that undermine everything we believe in - especially the freedom to worship and believe what you do. I can't say F*your religion etc and although I don't believe that's what the songs are about - it's time we turned our anger towards our enemies by making it all about the football. We are the most successful team in world football. We have hundreds of songs about Rangers. I don't believe in swearing and think it's unnecessary too.Let's just stop it.

Why can't we just get rid of any song that doesn't mention Rangers? Do people really think historical songs about battles of old really belong in a football ground? How about sticking to We love the Rangers, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every other Saturday etc?

I don't think the people with true commitment to their heritage are at fault here.

Like many on here I am an Orange and Purple man, I'm a Derry Made Campsie man, I'm a Red Cross Black man. I am a loyalist and a Unionist and a Protestant who attends church on a weekly basis. I've spent time in the Armed Forces.

Part of my entire being is also Rangers, but for years I would never sing a song to hurt the club and determine to act in a way that brought shame to the colours or the beliefs I have.

Although I love support from those who cheer for these things, there is an embarrassing element that undermine everything we believe in - especially the freedom to worship and believe what you do. I can't say F*your religion etc and although I don't believe that's what the songs are about - it's time we turned our anger towards our enemies by making it all about the football. We are the most successful team in world football. We have hundreds of songs about Rangers. I don't believe in swearing and think it's unnecessary too.Let's just stop it.
We have you and we have fuckwits, who would run a mile if they had to fight the IRA, who wouldn't know the inside of a church from a public toilet.

I choose you

That version was on a rangers LP I had in the 80’s
The song was called Brigton Derry boys.not a single mention of a 19th Century Terrorist in the whole song.

I had an official Rangers cd from the 90's which had The Rangers Boys on it

Hello hello we are the Rangers boys
Hello hello you'll know us by our noise
We follow our team wherever they go
at Ibrox or away
For we are the Glasgow Rangers boys

Why can't we just get rid of any song that doesn't mention Rangers? Do people really think historical songs about battles of old really belong in a football ground? How about sticking to We love the Rangers, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every other Saturday etc?
Why should we..? If YOU don't like them then don't sing them, but what gives you the right to determine what songs any other fan believes are synonymous with the Club..?

Should we ditch GSTQ and Rule Brittania as well..?

Sorry to hear that. Presumably that disqualifies you from singing Every Other Saturday now..?
Nope. Also.i don't work Saturdays. But that song is about a Rangers fan, of which I am. But not an Ulster man and I'm also not brave enough to fight the IRA

People are getting hung up on the word 19th Century Terrorist - which is a descriptor of a type of person but the aggravation here is bastard and it's both words together that causes the problem.
Indeed, that's the simple answer as to why they can profess to be a 19th Century Terrorist army, while the aggravation of bastard or even being up to one's knees in the 19th Century Terrorist blood changes the meaning completely making it verboten.

Indeed, that's the simple answer as to why they can profess to be a 19th Century Terrorist army, while the aggravation of bastard or even being up to one's knees in the 19th Century Terrorist blood changes the meaning completely making it verboten.
Except it doesn't. Have UEFA banned swearing at football..?

It's all to do with UEFA's perceived interpretation of the word '19th Century Terrorist', which they take to mean 'Catholic'

Reactions: WBD
Go for it. Be proud. And will you keep the name of Jobby Hands alive ? Good on you, the players will respect you for it. Be proud
See, you've just given me your opinion. Thanks for that.

Please don't be offended when I tell you I don't care about your opinion on this particular issue..

See, you've just given me your opinion. Thanks for that.

Please don't be offended when I tell you I don't care about your opinion on this particular issue..
I appreciate your gratitude. I'm not offended at all. Jobby Hands important to you?

It's all to do with UEFA's perceived interpretation of the word '19th Century Terrorist', which they take to mean 'Catholic'

Sorry but it's 19th Century Terrorist b's, chunts f** 19th Century Terrorists etc as well as "kill 19th Century Terrorists", up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood which they say as wrong. I honestly believe "No Pope of Rome" could not be deemed as sectarian in a court of law.

The blue flag, follow, follow, there’s not a team, every other Saturday the list is endless.
Let’s sing Songs about the Rangers along with the Sash and Derry’s walls and we will not have a problem.
It’s time to say good by to fathers advice, build my gallows, daddies uniform, men behind the wire.
I had to unlike that nonsense.

Just posting this for the umpteenth but last time today. Fourlads Twitter earlier offered the following club approved guidance as to whats unacceptable. Please stop singing these songs at Rangers games:

People asking for clarity & guidance from the club about songs

Stop using the word 19th Century Terrorist in it’s entirety

Any add ons that has ‘%^*& the pope or IRA’

‘No pope of Rome’
‘50p Flute song’
‘The Billy Boys’

Like it or not - that’s the clarity

Sorry but it's 19th Century Terrorist b's, chunts f** 19th Century Terrorists etc as well as "kill 19th Century Terrorists", up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood which they say as wrong. I honestly believe "No Pope of Rome" could not be deemed as sectarian in a court of law.
LOL. This is what we are up against. People asking what would stand up in a court of law. It's Uefa it's their rules. Support your club not your politics ffs

The sash and derrys walls are still related to religion so I don't get your point

I know this is not the answer but for those fans who can’t go cold turkey, if they could clap out the add ons rather than sing the offensive lyrics.
It’s easy to do sing yer song get to the ‘bad bit’ n clap yer hands to the beat of the ‘bad bit’ instead of singing it.

It’s gettin’ late, keep it doon or the missus’ll be shoutin’ thru...
Whit’s aw that f@€kin clappin’ aboot?

What has that got to do with you..? Who put you in charge..?

If it's not sectarian - and it isn't - then it doesn't get the Club into trouble. Whether someone wants to then sing it or not is up to them..

The sash and derrys walls are still related to religion so I don't get your point

No , they are not . Go and find out about the meaning behind the Sash and Derry’s walls and what these two great songs celebrate .

TBB is the greatest chant in world football. Name a better football video of fans than TBB in full force at Ibrox or in the away end?

Some people are so happy to throw away our greatest chant without a fight... all we need to do is change one word and they can do f all...

This is a complete stitch up on our fans. If “19th Century Terrorist” is so offensive, why did they have a banner a few weeks ago calling themselves “the 19th Century Terrorist army”? why didnt they get punished for using that word? Or any other “offensive” songs they sing every week?

The club need to get a grip too rather than trying to be do-gooders. Ask for clarity about the above? Why is it one rule for us and one for them? Why aren’t they defending the backbone of the club? They can start by telling them to shove their EqualGame banner up their arse, because it is far from equal, especially as UEFA are completely corrupt themselves.

Educate those who don't know that within our support BlueLagoon. Educate them, tell why that is, the floor is yours.
Derrys Walls is based on the siege of Derry, ie apprentice boys. The sash is obviously based on the sash worn by the OO to commemorate the Battle of the Boyne

This is our problem. This guy can separate Rangers and his 'political' life if that's what it can be defined as. He is prepared to go to Ibrox or away and sing about Rangers only. Good on him I say.

BMG you will use? Are you from Ulster, did you fight the IRA? And when was anyone hanged for fighting the IRA :D The song although a great tune is a flucking joke. I am a loyal Rangers fan is a but more appropriate

What is wrong with it and what can anyone do about it though?

Derrys Walls is based on the siege of Derry, ie apprentice boys. The sash is obviously based on the sash worn by the OO to commemorate the Battle of the Boyne

The religious connection ?, Take your time. You might find a society who were defending their rights to live. Or might find the religious connection that you speak of were trying to annihilate a democratic community who would not be religiously dictated to ?

The religious connection ?, Take your time. You might find a society who were defending their rights to live. Or might find the religious connection that you speak of were trying to annihilate a democratic community who would not be religiously dictated to ?
Mate it came about from the reformation what you on about?

You are. The perfect example if the problem we have. We are Rangers football club. Go figure

Don’t think anybody actually knows what’s allowed and what isn’t. Do the club or Uefa know? And can we get a list

We have lots of wonderful Rangers songs but lets be honest the ones that get sung the loudest are the likes of Derrys walls, fathers advice, build my gallows. I remember the man u game in 2010 we sang build my gallows for at least 10 minutes straight. And its these songs in which Ibrox is renowned for a electric atmosphere. While to me 19th Century Terrorist might be distasteful it is certainly not racist. Since when was the 19th Century Terrorist army a race? But if it is going to get the club into trouble then i wont sing it. Its a bit hypocritical of any Rangers fan to lay into the ones that got caught by Fare when practically the full ground has sang the billy boys in the past few old firms in full voice.

Back