West Brom fan stayfor90 proposal

Put shock collars on fans with GPS units attached, give them a zap with a few volts if they're detected leaving the stadium before the final whistle

I mean I am all for trying to get fans to stay for the 90 mins as it is embarrassing how many leave early. 87th min against St Johnstone you were lucky if there was 25k left in the ground. Why?

That being said however, the suggest in the OP is honestly wild and quite pathetic. What’s next? Those weight sensors are sponsored by Weight Watchers and you you get an quarterly weight update from the club about how much weight you’ve put on or lost?

Don’t worry though…would only cost almost 2m a season to run

Reading dome of the responses on here its no wonder I Sometimes I w
Genuinely dumbfounding that some folk cannot see that is a joke.

No wonder I constantly worry about the state of mind of the younger generation. And no wonder they seem obsessd about spiderman, lego and star wars! Lol

Is it the stayfor90 movement or stayfor90 organisation?

All minutes matter imo.
They will have a few offshoots coming soon

ProvisionalStayFor90 - for those who haven’t passed their driving tests

TheContinuityStayFor90 - for when the original folds

TheCantBelieveItsNot90 - for reserve games (this one is a thinker)

I’ll get my coat

Easier /cheaper way is that you have to scan you're smart card on the way out if you leave before the final whistle.

I've said it before that if they were interested in rewarding loyalty via Mygers and not just money collecting they would award Mygers points for those fans stay beyond full time and scan on the way out.

Doesn't have to be anything mental, point per game or say if you stayed past full time for 90% of home games you were awarded points at the end of the season.

I've said it before that if they were interested in rewarding loyalty via Mygers and not just money collecting they would award Mygers points for those fans stay beyond full time and scan on the way out.

Doesn't have to be anything mental, point per game or say if you stayed past full time for 90% of home games you were awarded points at the end of the season.
50k coming in within an hour is slightly more manageable than 50k leaving within 5 mins.

Why don’t we just let folk get on with it and leave when they want?

50k coming in within an hour is slightly more manageable than 50k leaving within 5 mins.

Nobody would be stopping anyone from leaving when they want, it's just our 'loyalty' scheme would reward those that support the team for a full game.

The whole "fans leaving before full time" debate has been done a death on here a million times.

Goes round in circles.

Its had almost as many threads as scott allan and thats really saying something.

Last edited:
If you want to get to prevent fans from leaving early, you need to examine why they're leaving early.

I imagine this is fairly straightforward: the vast majority of fans who leave early are trying to get home to avoid being stuck in the area of Ibrox.

I walked down PRW after a game last year and still reached the town at the same time as the cars who were travelling alongside me. If you're heading home by the subway, you need to queue, wait for a train to arrive and get packed in like a sardine. I made the mistake once of asking to get picked up in the Asda, and we were stuck in the car park for about 30 minutes.

In short, people leave early because the infrastructure around the stadium is poor. If you want more people to stay, improve the transport links.

Oh, and not playing the same teams 4-6 times a year would probably help.

We have people that leave early we used to call the subway loyal.

The buses which park behind the Copland are full and leaving by the time I'm walking down the stairs. They must leave early.

That’s brilliant! Has to be a total wind-up. If not, might I suggest the poor chap seek his Nat King at the earliest opportunity.

Can’t be real.

Because from the 3,000 threads a year on the subject I was under the impression that Ibrox was the only stadium in the country with this issue.

Like it or not fans can arrive at a game when they want and leave when they want and they don’t owe anyone an explanation for it.

Good on them. Fans should always stay for 90 mins.
Normally I would agree,but for probably the first time I left the St Johnstone game 5 minutes early.
I currently have a knee issue which causes a lot of pain while standing around so I got on the subway early with the subway loyal and saved myself a lot of grief.So this could continue for some months unless I go private.I think it would be unfair to punish fans this way.

Easier /cheaper way is that you have to scan you're smart card on the way out if you leave before the final whistle.
this sounds simpler but then how would you account for paper ticket holders.. I guess steward could ask you to scan that too but doubt they would be locking people in if they said they lost their ticket

Put shock collars on fans with GPS units attached, give them a zap with a few volts if they're detected leaving the stadium before the final whistle
good idea we could design a higher voltage jolt for the manky mob fcukers clean the city up a bit

Just had a word with Marty Mcfly he says #staythe90 changed to #staythe90orelse and finally solved the problem in 2044 where nobody can leave early Marty says they became self stewards and carry automatic machine guns nobody leaves early now, not now I mean then! ;)

Surely a wind up!
I hate seeing an empty Ibrox at the end too, but end of day its the choice of said person.

I'm surprised he doesn't want shock treatment if his 15 minute timer isn't met.
Also, he's clearly never went for a pee in the Copland...sometimes 15 mins of half time wasn't enough!

Genuine question as I've never got the subway after a game before - how much time does waiting til full time actually add on to your wait to get on?

There's some elderly folks that prefer to leave early to avoid crowds and I understand that or to make work but never understand folk just to get home 20 minutes early. Must have missed some amount of goals in their lifetime!

A "black mark" against your season ticket if you have to leave early to get to hospital to visit your old man.

"Oh but there is an appeals system"

Like thats going to work with 1,000 appeals every week.

FaXCzUXWAAIUTOM

FaXCztXXoAsO9wL
Good idea I say.
Hate seeing hundreds/thousands pour out of Ibrox from 80th minute

That’s up there with the post on here years ago about how the club can make money;

40 fans racing on the pitch that the rest can bet on
Red/white/blue paintball matches

“UB commander, do you copy”
I actually quite liked the idea of a fan race during half time. Similar to this carry on:

That's got to be a wind up? Saying that, I couldn't believe the amount of punters who walked out after the PSV equaliser on Tuesday night. Their own choice but I couldn't leave with 10/15 minutes to go with such a big game hanging in the balance.

Be much cheaper just to employ a few guys with paintball guns to patrol the exits and ambush the fuckers

2-2 in a Champions League qualifier and folk were pouring out of the ground before the end. Mental.
I’d say easily 80%-90% of those people didn’t have to leave early, it’s just out of sheer habit.

It’s beyond embarrassing now. Been waiting 11 year to play in the champions league and you’ve got people leaving.

Got to be a wind up or there is a good catering company there if fans can leave their seat, go to the facilities , get a pie and be back at their seat within 15 minutes

Be getting the jail for leaving the cinema early soon.

Don't agree with leaving early but that's just a terrible idea :D

5 nil down and bursting to get out but forced to watch a Steve Bruce team...torture.

Back