What’s our positives to take out tonight?

We didn't get horsed.
King is a very promising player and did well against some very good forwards.
McGregor had a storming game.
Davies was decent.

King thrown in the deep end & the lad done ok. McGregor reliable as ever, but surely going forward is we need width on both wings as proven late on at anfield.
Too slow in the middle & have been all season.
We will be better next wk
2-0 away to Liverpool.

Be diffrent next week.

Gio won’t
King thrown in the deep end & the lad done ok. McGregor reliable as ever, but surely going forward is we need width on both wings as proven late on at anfield.
Too slow in the middle & have been all season.
We will be better next wk
The fact Gio wont be here much longer if he keeps embarrassing us like that. (Agree with king statement, possibly Sakala still has something to offer us)

Goldson Davies and King pretty solid. Matondo on the Left looked a bit better.
Agree with all this.

Colak has his shooting boots on and we make the last few minutes interesting.

Next week is a different ball game, with with players who fancy it.

Sadly, I don’t think Tillman has the heart for a Rangers shirt and certainly not for £5m…

Davies looks decent.
Matondo is a left winger and offers more than Kent
Sakala has earned a starting place on the right.
King has a great future.

the last 10 minutes we actually had some positives - the previous 80 minutes taught us we must have an attack minded formation to at least compete at this level - 5 at the back and a defensive minded midfield played right into Liverpools hands

Thought Goldson was back to his best. Last 30 mins we started to believe. Mcgregor superb. King looks the part apart from penalty. They never scored from open play. Colak starts before Alfie. I think we'll beat them next week!

Setting up with no pace up front but being so defensive killed us. When we had it in swcond half they looked cautious with the pace. Davies king goldson did well.

McGregor is my only positive.

Manager showed he was miles off it with his selection and tactics. Grim viewing.

-5 at the back with 2 centre mids neither exactly known for their energetic legs.
-Tillman wide right again despite being utter mince in this position.

Having had to endure that I’m pretty glad I narrowly missed out on the mygers ballot and knocked back a ticket offered yesterday due to work commitments today.

Few mates in our end even said our end wasn’t great. Have to say I felt the same at Tynecastle on Saturday. Pretty flat despite the result.

Also hearing TBB blasted out pre match and now again right now means it’ll be a nervy few days hoping the match observer hasn’t picked up on it otherwise we’re in trouble. If it’s picked up on then we only have ourselves to blame.

Liverpool could and probably should have had two or three more, that's the only positive to take from tonight. Kent, Tillman and Lundstram were absolutely rotten, I wouldn't lose any sleep if none of them started the return leg. Gio is on borrowed time.

McGregor solidified his place as no.1 and King showed heart despite the penalty.

The other positive is if we don’t give Alfredo or Kent any service then no one will take them and they’ll have to sign the extensions…

That we showed too much respect and won't do the same next week. The hyperbole on here tonight will be mental though, so the other positives like King doing well, the subs, especially top 3 making a difference and McGregor being immense will be lost on shouts of coward, shitbag, hopeless, etc, etc.

See you all in the lounge...

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
McGregor solidified his place as no.1 and King showed heart despite the penalty.

The other positive is if we don’t give Alfredo or Kent any service then no one will take them and they’ll have to sign the extensions…

Think the penalty is on Lundstram, he catches Diaz first

80mins of negative pish getting battered and rag dolled

10 mins having a go with a midfield that had legs

Im sick to fucking death of the negative pish.

We only got beat from a direct free kick and a penalty, that’s 99% McGregor right enough but it’s still something.

Fashion Jr deserves more of a chance. He causes havoc and we got further up the field due to his pace and energy

Positives

We weren’t humiliated.
McGregor has now cemented himself as #1.
Goldson was superb and a decent partnership with Davies looks promising.

That’s it

McGregor outstanding, Goldson pass, the rest absolutely hideous, Liverpool have so much quality obviously but that doesn’t give an excuse to give the ball away constantly and show 0 quality at all, the way Gio set up meant we relied on a bit of quality from Kent which unsurprisingly didn’t happen again, Morelos had no service what do ever as we gave the ball away every time we got on it. Not often I say this but Davis was horrendous, Tillman rotten again too. Tav, lundstram…. Roll on the weekend to continue the good league form and hopefully Ibrox is rocking for the home return

Positives: Davies, Sakala, McGregor. We’ve learned the following and I suppose that counts as a positive: Tillman cannot play on the right. Hung the boy out to dry and Gio should have learned from Parkhead. I was really disappointed in our performance. I know they’re much better, but we REALLY NEED to learn to be more positive. We need to increase our intensity. We’re far too easy to play against.

Goldson,Davies and King all positives as well as MacGregor obviously.
Matondo and Sakala did well when they came on also.
I predicted 4-5 goals for Liverpool before the game so I guess that they I only scored 2 is also a positive.

Back