What’s our positives to take out tonight?

Leon King gaining great experience. I like the idea of a back 3 or 5 given the centre backs in the squad. The negative is a woeful midfield that can't compete or create.

Look. We were well beaten but it wasn’t all terrible. There are some pluses.

McGregor was superb.

Goldson and Davies looks a solid partnership.

Young King will be a really good central defender and that tonight will do him the world of good in the long run

Matondo out left and Sakala out right with Colak through the middle definitely improved us massively and those three should start next Wednesday.

Jack made a difference when he came on.

So, all those are positives in some respects.

Other than that, the only positive was that we only conceded twice before the second half late changes.

It was only 2 and Allan Mcgregor.

Gios meek tactics - yet again - didn’t give the players a chance in my opinion.

Great experience for King who had a decade game all things considered.
Matondo on left looks better than Kent.
Davies had a decent game as well & hopefully after a run in the team he'll hold down a place beside Goldson.
McGregor was amazing.

I’m really struggling to come up with positives since we were so negative for 80 minutes.

We look a shadow of the team from last season.

Main positive was McGregor, still a fantastic keeper and fucking legend!

Good to see the progress of King and Sakala did well. He looks like he’s been working a bit on his game.

Ajax looking like they may arrive at Ibrox with 3 points…..if we can somehow sneak a point from next 2 games we could be looking at last game win at Ibrox to get into the europa

As said drop barisic for Yilmaz and play the team that finished we matondo on left drop kent and sakala on right and play like we did last 15 minutes

Goldson, King and Davies all did pretty well against the highest quality of opposition. McGregor outstanding. Defended corners very well against a team who excel at them. Sakala, Kamara and Matondo all made decent cameos.

This wasn’t just a good team we were up against, they are one of the very best in the world. Players who win the top individual honours in the game. Some serious reevaluation of expectations in games like this needed from large swathes of our fan base.

Sakala deserves the right wing spot, Matondo needs a run on the left.
This

Matondo has been poor so far but he has shown in brief glimpses that he does have ability.

Sakala should have had more gametime this season, he is erratic but he is fast and knows how to score goals.

Gio is hopefully another loss closer to his jotters. Guy clearly watches a different game from me if he thinks Tillman is the answer.

I’d just go balls to wall and try go for 3rd in our home games.

And hope Napoli and Liverpool pump Ajax

Tongue slightly in cheek but nothing else for it now

For a lot of this team ,this will be invaluable experience of playing in the Champions League against an elite team .
Hopefully they learn from it for next seasons campaign.

McGregor still excels on the big stage.
Incredible experience for King, and penalty aside he was relatively assured.
Last 20 mins confidence seemed to kick in, if we can start games like that it'd be great.
Matondo, Sakala, Colak all sharp.

The positives from tonight were that when we played people in positions that suit them & use tactics that suit the team we created a few good chances
Another positive tonight is Napoli beating Ajax as you'd now think they beat them at their own ground now too which means maybe there is still something to play for

Ga
80mins of negative pish getting battered and rag dolled

10 mins having a go with a midfield that had legs

Im sick to fucking death of the negative pish.
Galling after the Napoli result, how can he cannot learn. Think he tries to tinker and be too clever, as ally said, I can take a defensive display if you don’t give up many chances, it could have been 6 tonight. Probably more pissed of tonight than Ajax.

To lose a goal after 7 minutes and only concede one more to a pen shows a bit of resilience and the goalie and back three stood up to a lot of pressure from good players. Matondo exposed Kent again as just by running and being direct he was much more effective. Sakala showed Gio Tillman should never play on the wing again but we all knew that before the game started. Davies got good minutes and did well and King looks a player in the making.

McGregor, especially, Goldson, Davies and King did themselves justice imo.

Thought Morelos looked pretty good considering his match fitness.

All the subs played well, I thought. Sakala, Jack, Matondo and Kamara were very positive when they came on.

I might get laughed at for this considering Liverpool could and should have scored more, and AM bailed us out a few times, but I think overall we didn’t defend too badly.

IMO our problem was that we never kept possession in midfield whenever we recovered the ball. If you are facing wave after wave of attacks ramping up the pressure on our defence they are bound to find an opening eventually.

Our ball retention and forward play (or lack thereof) was our downfall today and not our defence.

King thrown in the deep end & the lad done ok. McGregor reliable as ever, but surely going forward is we need width on both wings as proven late on at anfield.
Too slow in the middle & have been all season.
We will be better next wk

Shagger still has a season in him.

Goldson and Davies will make a good partnership.

Leon King is going to be a star.

Matondo looks like a left winger (shocked and stunned).

McGregor, especially, Goldson, Davies and King did themselves justice imo.

Thought Morelos looked pretty good considering his match fitness.

All the subs played well, I thought. Sakala, Jack, Matondo and Kamara were very positive when they came on.

Morelos was dreadful mate

Davies, Matondo, McGregor (#1 until we sign a world class replacement), king and the fact that one point next week and beating Ajax on last day might get us third.

Oh, and the Goldson haters will STFU for a night at least

King, Goldson & Davies stood up well. Barasic too. Tavernier was poor. Lundstram looked as if he had never seen a ball before. Davis was overrun. Kent did not turn up. He never tested TAA once. Tillman? No thanks. Team selection and set up poor. As it was against RSG and Ajax. I knew Liverpool play a high Press so the way out is a long ball over the top. We have Matondo and Sakala with great pace wide. When we used that we looked a different side.
One other positive - Ajax 1 Napoli 6. We have two home games to come. Third place in the group was really our target. Amazingly, that is still on.

Can’t agree our centre halves were all good. Not sure how anyone can say that when you look at the sheer number of chances they had

Nonsense. He was half fit and got chucked into Anfield away, he was as good as he was going to be under those circumstances.
The fact he wasn’t given any minutes against Dundee Utd is baffling squad management

Back