What’s the furthest you’ve walked to see the Rangers

Never really walked any distance to Ibrox however I have thought about walking to Ibrox from Airdrie one day.

I did walk from Airdrie to George Square a couple of years ago (a good 4 - 4.5 hours) and would like to combine that with a matchday. However I would definitely need to take the train home. :D

Not too far but remember when the subway was off for the first game of the season maybe 3 or 4 seasons ago I walked from queen street to Ibrox. Was a cracker of a day.

Imagine there’s some folk that do that every week tbf.

Walked from city centre to Firhill several times for games & Hampden back to Paisley Road West once!
Few of us from our club, have cycled (sponsored) from Co. Down to Ibrox though!
Travelled via Larne - Troon ferry in between cycling about 100 miles!
I was knackered! (one way only!)

I couldn't sleep the morning of the league decider against dunfermline so walked from Mount florida to Ibrox.

This became a thing...

So have walked from every subsequent house I have lived in at least once

So,thats Rutherglen (just behind kings Park Hotel] to Ibrox. The orchard Park Hotel to Ibrox (I lived round the corner) and have walked several times from the city centre. Have also run from the house a few times there abs back.

I now live in Newton mearns so that's the next walk once the madness stops.

Have cycled it a few times too but am never that optimistic that my bike is gojng to be there when I come out...
Get the same feeling with the motor. ;):)

I think it was 1978, me and 3 mates walked from Paisley to Ibrox, we fancied a drink, so (no idea why) we bought a bottle of Harveys Bristol Cream! Got to the game, we were playing the sheep.....and we lost 3-1 if memory serves.

I never drank Harveys Bristol Cream again :))

I was back over on a summer trip years ago and was up at the in laws. The sun was splitting the sky. Asked the father in law if he wanted to go to Firhill for the game. Yip, he says, we can leave a bit earlier.

Take off about three hours before kickoff from Boydstone Road, Carnwadric. We start walking, past the first bus stop. We might as well walk till a bus shows up he said. I knew he was a big walker and it quickly dawned as bus after bus passed us of his intent. Six and a half miles later we made it to Firhill. He did cave in on the way back after a few pints in the town and agreed to take a taxi back.
I’ve walked home from Hampden a few times after our matches as it’s just about as quick as waiting in the queue for the train.
according to google maps around 3.5 miles.

Used to walk from Paisley to Ibrox occasionally in my teens and more often on the way home if the queue for the buses were too big.

Port Glasgow town centre to Cappellow in the 60's our bus broke down about 45 mins before kick off, we made it with a few minutes to spare

Springburn to Ibrox a good few times then learned to skip on the #4 bus bound for Drumoyne same going home .

Local FB members providing the entertainment going home happy days then learned you had to pay your way.

Bloody Conductors :mad:
Did same many a time (especially) walking back from Ibrox to Springburn as no. 4 buses were always rammed.

We played St Johnstone at hampden one night and the snow was bad. Ditched the car close to Ibrox and walked to hampden. That walk back almost broke me.

Walked from Shawlands where I was staying at the time to Ibrox when we beat Juventus. Thought it would be about 15 mins but took ages.

Walked from Overtown to Larkhall in the middle of the night when the taxi driver ordered us out for singing “Rangers songs” but not sure if that counts.

City centre to Ibrox and back. A few times using the tunnel under the Clyde from North Rotunda to South Rotunda. Dennistoun to Hampden was a regular for games there, through the green and up Polmadie Road.

South Edinburgh to Tynecastle or Fester road, only a little under 3 miles to be fair.

Hitch hiked to see Rangers playing in London a few times, once for a pre season against Tottenham got a truck to England from York to Hull couldn't get a lift and had to walk me and ma mate big walk and pissing rain eventually got a lift and another and got to the game, decided not to do it on the way back just bought a platform ticket at Euston station and jumped off just before Glasgow Central. ;)

I hitch hiked from Perth to Aberdeen the night we played Leeds United at Ibrox (there was a mix up and I had to let the lift I had from the Granite City bus go but got the Burghead Loyal bus up to Perth). I made it to Aberdeen an hour before my check in to go offshore.

Port Glasgow town centre to Cappellow in the 60's our bus broke down about 45 mins before kick off, we made it with a few minutes to spare

My old man was born and raised in the port. He told me stories of him and his mates walking from the port to Ibrox, that would have been late 40’s early 50’s just so they could keep the bus fare to spend on themselves. Google maps says it’s 18miles each way, fair play to them

I couldn't sleep the morning of the league decider against dunfermline so walked from Mount florida to Ibrox.

This became a thing...

So have walked from every subsequent house I have lived in at least once

So,thats Rutherglen (just behind kings Park Hotel] to Ibrox. The orchard Park Hotel to Ibrox (I lived round the corner) and have walked several times from the city centre. Have also run from the house a few times there abs back.

I now live in Newton mearns so that's the next walk once the madness stops.

Have cycled it a few times too but am never that optimistic that my bike is gojng to be there when I come out...

Look after your bike mister !!!

Didn't Jock Wallace say he walked to Ibrox from his village in Edinburgh?

Not football related but as a lad, early 1910's, my granda used to walk to Lesmahagow from Partick to visit relatives

I usually walk from Battlefield so about 3 miles. Walked to Parkpaed as well 4 miles.

My biggest walk is around the living room during big games whilst no fans allowed in the stadium.
At the game you can shout-sing or have to stay at your seat.

Not so much walking to the game more walking back from the game.
Early 70,s at dunfermline we won 6-0 ( bud hatrick) a few mates & myself found a boozer that would serve us ( we were under age ) so we end up missing the supporters bus back to Milngavie !!
All our money was spent we split up & try hitching it , there was a couple of lassies that stayed in Bathgate ,a mate & myself went to their house, their auld man chased us , the police lift us , after a couple of hours in the Police office , they drove us up this country road , kicked us out .
Where are we ?? The coppers said keep walking for 13 miles you come to Airdrie.
Knackered & nae money we skip on the morning train out back home.
The other long walk a couple of years later was after the 72 Barcelona final.
All of us got seperated ( some in hospital) so we had no idea where we were walking to but it took us nearly all night to reach the main train station, dont know how far it was but when wearing Cuban heels & one of Franco,s police has knocked one of them off with a baton ,it was a a long fu@kin limp

I used to walk with my mates in early 70s, to/from Dundas Street Bus Station via the Rotunda tunnel or more often the passenger ferry at Anderton.

Getting kicked off the 34 bus just after bellahouston to kings park, as somebody decided to kick out the windows after winning the league in 1986/7. Happy days

When I was at Glasgow Uni I lived in Hillhead and walked from Ibrox a few times. I was usually pished which didn’t make it seem as far.

I try and walk at least to Ibrox or back home every home game, it’s about 3.5 miles.

It started after attending a family funeral last year where I found out that my uncle and grandfather would walk to Ibrox and back every home game they went to. They reason they done this was that they only really had the money to get in, no more. Not an exiting story but I like to do it now as a wee tribute to them. This season I was going to do it every home game. Maybe next year eh?

Walked a few times with my mates along the M8 motorway while it was still under construction. Got on at Scotland Street ramp and walked along to Gower street then over an obstacle course of perimeter fencing and earthworks to Paisley Road West and up to Ibrox. ( Commando Loyal)

Walked to and from Ibrox to my home in Balornock for roughly 4 years in the early 80's, around 14 miles round trip.

Also walked to and from my current home in Barrhead numerous times in 90's when I was carless. Think it is also about 14 miles round trip, roughly 1hr 45 mins each way.

Millerston - old 38 bus terminus - to Ibrox
Bus strike at the time
Got soaked - got blisters on my feet - got slightly lost near the docks adding at least another 10 minutes
Glad to say we got taken back in a supporters bus headed out of town & dropped us off at hogganfield loch
This was 53 years ago - when I was a 13 years old

Myself & a couple of mates / acquaintances have discussed doing something similar for charity this time - but obviously on hold till we return to normal match days again

Jordahill to Hampden, 1979 SCF Third replay. Six miles and it was pouring down all the way.
After the first two games it was an effort to go to the third.

I lived in Castlemilk at the time and used to walk to Rangers and Scotland games. Easy downhill walk going. Depended on the result how the return journey was.

Back