What’s the story with Shane Duffy? (All Duffy posts in here)

Duffy came back on the 6th so should be isolating for 10 days.

He’s ineligible and it will need to be explained why he’s not playing when they have already came out and admitted it so the ignorance angle can’t be used

How can he leave the elite sport bubble for public transport and not have to self isolate? As others have mentioned - Zungu posted a negative test but isolated for 2 weeks in Glasgow on arrival due to coming from another country and not being part of the elite bubble as per government (not SFA or such like) rules. The SFA are complicit in this shit-show and need to give answers.

I understood that a negative test does not negate the 10 day isolation rule. Happy to be corrected if that is wrong. The tests are not full proof. Have SFA confirmed eligibility. In which case are they ignoring covid rules issued by the government

100% in agreement what I am not 100% with is

From the 3rd to 4am this morning is it advisory or compulsory to isolate.

He’s ineligible and it will need to be explained why he’s not playing when they have already came out and admitted it so the ignorance angle can’t be used
If I were Hibs Id be seeking clarification on this before I took the park.

If it was not just an R&R trip then surely the one thing the injured Julien would have been doing is forming some kind of relationship with his fellow defenders, bonding, team building call it what you like. That would undoubtedly put him in close proximity with his fellow central defenders including Duffy for at least the Sunday & Monday. More questions to be answered!!

What difference is Jones and Edmunson getting a ban for going to a flat and Duffy flying back with the public, taking selfie’s in the airport and mixing with god knows who else? What’s the difference? Both instances breaking the “bubble”.

should all players breaking the bubble just be allowed to take a test from now on if they make an Arse of it?

Duffy is ineligible.

He was removed from the bubble so has to isolate. A negative test doesn’t override this, otherwise there would no point of an isolation period.

I don’t think there’s any grey area here.
Hell probably get a fine from the government and that will be the end of it.
No fuks given.

Will the media question Duffy's eligibility for tonight's game ? I can't see it.

For Scotland yeah but travelled back via London where Dubai isn't on the banned list. Its all confusing
Back in the day we were told not to even thinkk about flying in to Manchester or Newcastle etc to try and circumnavigate flight bans as they would know where you have flew into.

He 100% shouldn't be playing tonight, regardless of a negative test or not.

Suddenly them trying to get football stopped isn't that much of a stretch.

Direct Quote from chesney junior

‘Negative test allowed to play’
So they will test one player to make sure he CAN play but refuse to test a team in case they cannot. Classy. Obviously, I dunno when Duffers was tested but if it was today then questions should be asked.

Black Lives Matter. Scottish footballer lives don't.

So myself and 3 other work colleagues (paramedics)got a track and trace text this morning telling us we were in contact with someone positive and we were to isolate so we all booked off we then tested ourselves which were all negative but we were still told isolate,so what's the difference between us and Duffy?

What difference is Jones and Edmunson getting a ban for going to a flat and Duffy flying back with the public, taking selfie’s in the airport and mixing with god knows who else? What’s the difference? Both instances breaking the “bubble”.

should all players breaking the bubble just be allowed to take a test from now on if they make an Arse of it?
I think we all know the difference..

Talking to my mate who is one of them said he came back early for a funeral.
He also said it deserves them right for swanning off after an OF defeat. He wants Lawell punted too.

When he returned from Dubai it wasnt on the quarantine list. Getting a commercial flight wasnt any different from going on international duty.

I dont see an issue with him playing. Kennedy is clearly just a moron and didn't know the rules.

There's a bit of irony here in that you don't seem to know the rules. Elite sports use chartered flights which is why they're not subject to the same travel restrictions. This is why Zungu had to quarantine when he joined us, despite giving a negative test when he arrived.

Travelling on a public flight would mean he's subject to the Scottish Government to the new requirement to quarantine for 10 days after returning from Dubai. That was effective as of 4am this morning, and those who arrived on or after Jan 3rd were asked to quarantine for 10 days from their date of arrival in Scotland.

Duffy should be in quarantine until Jan 15-16th.

See: https://www.gov.scot/news/dubai-designated-for-public-health-quarantine/

Not read through 8 pages but has anyone questioned why Duffy has traveling through various zones through lockdown whilst not representing his club under tge elite athlete status.

There's a bit of irony here in that you don't seem to know the rules. Elite sports use chartered flights which is why they're not subject to the same travel restrictions. This is why Zungu had to quarantine when he joined us, despite giving a negative test when he arrived.

Travelling on a public flight would mean he's subject to the Scottish Government to the new requirement to quarantine for 10 days after returning from Dubai. That was effective as of 4am this morning, and those who arrived on or after Jan 3rd were asked to quarantine for 10 days from their date of arrival in Scotland.

Duffy should be in quarantine until Jan 15-16th.

See: https://www.gov.scot/news/dubai-designated-for-public-health-quarantine/

Zungu had to quarantine when he joined as France was on the quarantine list. Dubai was not on the quarantine list, and he arrived back before it was added. Nobody before 4am this morning is legally obliged to quarantine.

Players going on international duty go on commercial flights with Joe public, they do not go on private charters.

They will once they have joined up with their team to travel together, but not to get join the team.

Zungu had to quarantine when he joined as France was on the quarantine list. Dubai was not on the quarantine list, and he arrived back before it was added. Nobody before 4am this morning is legally obliged to quarantine.

Players going on international duty go on commercial flights with Joe public, they do not go on private charters.

They will once they have joined up with their team to travel together, but not to get join the team.
Yes they are. It was back dated for anyone who flew in before that date after January 3rd or whatever it was. You can check the news release.

Duffy not flying here may be the get out

Remember the almighty stink they kicked up in October with Ryan Christie ?

"But he's pyoor tested negative!"

Why's Duffy any different ? If he tests positive later this week all hell will break loose.
Exactly, Duffy should be no where near the team.

It is going to be an interesting 10 days. I can see a number of Celtic players coming down with it.

I get that it's a fluid situation but were all of the elite sport covid protocols rescinded as soon as that picture of lennon and brown with pints made it out of the bubble?

Yes they are. It was back dated for anyone who flew in before that date after January 3rd or whatever it was. You can check the news release.

Duffy not flying here may be the get out
Flying in to an English airport doesn't make you exempt from Scottish quarantine rules as nippy was all too keen to keep reminding us in the summer

Surely if the criteria to be allowed to play is a negative test then why are all the other players who tested negative not playing, something isn't sitting right with this.
We need confirmation from the governing bodies that he was eligible.

As far as I can see, he's ineligible and Celtic should be made to forefeit the game, but that would require the authorities to actually penalise Celtic.

They wont cancel a league because of an ineliglbe player ffs calm down.
They would award Hibs a 3-0.
Did they cancel CL when the scum played a team that put on a player with 2 mins to go and they were winning tie 6-1? No they awarded the scum a rsult that seen them go through
Have you ever thought they might be trying to pee the government off and this is another v sign to them?

They do have the power to stop football.

NIw4jhy-Pvh-U3.png

Have you ever thought they might be trying to pee the government off and this is another v sign to them?

They do have the power to stop football.
Its not a government decision if an ineligible player plays.
Also sturgeon said today she wasnt going to take punitive action against football due to 1 club.

Back