What’s the update on the side panels of the Broomloan and Copland?

Started to remove a couple of panels today from the side of the Broomloan at the gates and also noticed at the other set of gates at the Copland/main stand they have removed the steel sheets they had on the gates to stop people seeing in, I suspect they have only been removed because they might be painting the gates again.

Did the tour last week and have to say the dressing rooms and corridors surrounding need modernised. Also the reception area, things like wall paper fraying and stuff needing hidden. Our stadium is a museum full of history. We need to protect it and showcase it as best we can. Im sure the Board know this and I understand its a work in progress getting it back up to scratch.
The surrounding areas of the home dressing room is being totally refurbished this summer to accommodate a players lounge / eating / relaxing / warm up area where the players will be able to arrive at the stadium early on a match day and eat together.

Maybe they need replaced??? This place is mental. Thinking they know better about smartening up the stadium.

Some people struggle with the concept of doing more than one thing at the same time. It has to be a straight choice between one or the other in some people’s minds for some reason.

Some people struggle with the concept of doing more than one thing at the same time. It has to be a straight choice between one or the other in some people’s minds for some reason.

Or, perhaps, the paucity of available funding makes doing too much, too soon a tad difficult. All sorts of reasons why things may need to be staggered.

The surrounding areas of the home dressing room is being totally refurbished this summer to accommodate a players lounge / eating / relaxing / warm up area where the players will be able to arrive at the stadium early on a match day and eat together.
I wonder if SG wants to change the dressing room itself as well to modernise it

I wonder if SG wants to change the dressing room itself as well to modernise it
Supposedly he did but decision was taken to keep them as the board knew the support would have went mental. Kept for historical reasons.

From what I heard we are just replacing the yellowing corrugated plastic sheeting with more of the same , which if true is amassive disappointment.
It's not the yellowiest thing seen in our stadium
BNm21OACQAAmcCp.jpg

;)
Started to remove a couple of panels today from the side of the Broomloan at the gates and also noticed at the other set of gates at the Copland/main stand they have removed the steel sheets they had on the gates to stop people seeing in, I suspect they have only been removed because they might be painting the gates again.

Here being painted in the late 1980’s ;)

That's getting done once all the other remedials are carried out. My understanding is that the cladding contractor who has been doing all the roofing work etc etc will be on site for another 18 months. Once all that stuff has been completed and things like plant equipment, scaffold etc are away then the cleaning element will get done.
Unfortunately, due to previous regimes, the stadium upkeep was badly affected so it's a long journey. What i can assure everyone is that these works are being carried out correctly and to a high specification.

When we had dreams and cash

The bit underneath it that goes up and along the stand desperately needs power washed. That is probably the bit that annoys me more than anything
Surely if it's been identified that the cladding needed replaced then they'll also be doing something to that because you're totally right, it's horrific. Either power wash it or cover it up with some form of light material, wouldn't take much.

If that gets done along with the side panels being complete, the difference in the exterior in both stands will be night and day to before.

Reactions: LD5
Back