What do we need to do differently next week?

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wether it's more bodies in midfield to stifle the game, Matondo through the middle (don't laugh, see Sakala in 1-1 game), or a formation change in some way. We need to come up with something different and create a surprise on the day.

After today, and his last performance at their dump, I'm not sure we can go into the game with Dessers up front. He seems to have the jitters at the moment when it comes to shooting. We cant have him pass up any good chances that come our way. 20 goals and all that but he's bang out of form.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wether it's more bodies in midfield to stifle the game, Matondo through the middle (don't laugh, see Sakala in 1-1 game), or a formation change in some way. We need to come up with something different and create a surprise on the day.

After today, and his last performance at their dump, I'm not sure we can go into the game with Dessers up front. He seems to have the jitters at the moment when it comes to shooting. We cant have him pass up any good chances that come our way. 20 goals and all that but he's bang out of form.

The argument to go with someone other than Dessers would be more realistic if there was someone else to go with.

He's it. All we've got as a number 9 until the summer.

Press the fuckers from the start of the game, not when we go 2-0 down.

Show some aggression and bravery with the ball.

A third midfielder would be sensible. We lose these games in midfield all the time. A three of Sterling/Lundstram/Diomande would still let Sterling help Tavernier with Maeda while adding much more to midfield, as well as letting McCausland come into right-wing where I think he does a power of work defensively.

Ridvan has to start over Barisic. Otherwise, I think personnel is entirely dictated by availability.

I would sacrifice Cantwell for another body in midfield. Raskin or Sterling in there, not sure who I would play on the right though if Sterling was in the midfield. Wouldn't be McCausland anyways.
There’s possibly an argument to play Cantwell in the front 3 but only if he’d be trusted to do the dirty work chasing back.

Getting to HT with the game still goalless would be good for us.

Play 3 in the midfield properly. If they come out guns blazing - stay calm, defend as a unit and frustrate them. Don’t go aimlessly chasing the ball leaving gaps in behind.

We know we get usually get opportunities in the second half and finish the games stronger - so we need to ensure we don’t give it all away in the first half.

Start faster and have our mind on the job from the first minute and of course, win! We need to go in with confidence and see the tramps for what they really are.. shit!

Dominate the midfield and you win the game.

I’d be playing Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling as the midfield 3.

Other than that, hopefully Yilmaz plays and hopefully we keep Fabio Silva 100% focused on the game.

If we go 4-2-3-1 next week I think they'll run over the top of us in the middle of the park.

We need three in there. If it means dropping Cantwell then so be it.

More bodies in midfield for me - in recent games against them, we’ve felt flimsy in midfield compared to them.

Lundstram, Sterling and Diomande to try and get some control.

Dominate the midfield and you win the game.

I’d be playing Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling as the midfield 3.

Other than that, hopefully Yilmaz plays and hopefully we keep Fabio Silva 100% focused on the game.

That needs to be the midfield,

We can not go in to the game with Cantwell as part of the three, he was like a man down again today.

* Not shoot ourselves in the foot by gifting stupid goals.

* Score first. Something we've done once in the last 9 OF games and that was in the 'dead' game at the end of last season. Let's see how they and their crowd react if they need to chase the game.

* Get a fair crack of the whip from the officials. We've not been great against them this season, but they've had every game changing decision go their way in all 3 games.

Butland.

Tav.
Balogun.
Souttar.
Barisic.

Cantwell.
Sterling.
Lundstram.
Dio.
Ridvan.

Dessers.

Reality is we need to keep it tight for the first 60. We know how they’ll start so get compact (we don’t need to be deep) and squeeze the spaces.

If it’s level by 60, we can gamble against their tired legs.

Opportunity in or around the box? Hit it first fucking time, stop trying to take extra touches.

Butland start coming off his line to collect crosses like he did first half of the season.

Have possession with the ball and no one around you? keep fucking moving forward with it, don't pass it to someone who is already marked.

Pass direct, with pace, none of this floaty ball pish.

This is what we need to do to win.

They’re going to come flying out of the traps, we absolutely know that and all too often we look completely surprised by it.

So there’s your starting point, Phil - what you going to do to prevent that?

How about . . . we fly out of the traps?

Pace in the wide areas, always remember how much sakala terrorised them before making an arse of it, matondo mcausland no silva for me

We need to do the basics a lot better. Clear the ball without taking chances, stop the crosses coming in and don’t get caught out by quick free kicks or throw ins

Play Sterling in the middle of the park. Whether in a 3 or alongside Diomande
Problem is that Tavernier is such a liability down that right flank that we genuinely need another defensive minded player on that side to stop them from doing their "Lump ball at Tav/area tav is in, press him, win ball, cut-back for finish" routine that we've seen for the last 3 years on repeat.

I hope we go there and play without fear,but with aggression and purpose. Cut out the defensive stupidity and,please god,bury any chances we create. They are by no means world beaters.

1. Get tore right into their "main" pretenders from the start and be on the front foot,press and get in their faces.
2.shoot on sight.
3. Some dangerous crosses to harts back post (lost 2 identical goals in semi ).
4. Leave nothing in the tank and fucking win,this is win at ALL COSTS,no more second chances.
5. Big phil to have some fun with brenda at full time if we win.

We need a new striker.

Ridvan needs to start.

Tav needs protection.

Midfield needs to not shit the bed.

Defence needs to be pumped up and alert from kick off. Midfield must be in their faces from the off and Dessers needs to ensure his feet are on their correct legs.

Press the fuckers from the start of the game, not when we go 2-0 down.

Show some aggression and bravery with the ball.

A third midfielder would be sensible. We lose these games in midfield all the time. A three of Sterling/Lundstram/Diomande would still let Sterling help Tavernier with Maeda while adding much more to midfield, as well as letting McCausland come into right-wing where I think he does a power of work defensively.

Ridvan has to start over Barisic. Otherwise, I think personnel is entirely dictated by availability.
I would agree with most of that-Ridvan cant really be match fit

Must, must, must take control of the middle of the park. 3 in there or we get run over. Defend competently and put pressure on them by not gifting them goals. Finally - have belief. This is NOT a good Celtic side. They’re mediocre. I suspect they know that too. When the chance comes - take it. They could very well crumble.

Get stuck in, don’t shite any 50/50s, don’t let them get on top at any point of the game and make life difficult as possible.

In short, defend and fight for everything.

Treat it as a war, as a battle for your life and do not lose.

We have to survive the invariable early onslaught.

We usually do well to survive 10-20 mins without conceding there.

The longer it goes at 0-0 the more they’ll be the ones to start panicking.

It’s been very noticeable watching us in these no away fans games there that they get very edgy when we keep the ball.

Back