What formation next week?

Vamos_buffalo

Seeing a lot of comments saying 4-4-2 isn't good enough, so what formation does he play next week then because I'm baffled?

If we play 4-4-2 next week it could be a cricket score.

4-4-1-1 with Miller also.

TBH, no matter the formation, I expect them to score 3...

We've got too many weak areas and vulnerable areas through out the team.

4-2-3-1 / 4-5-1 (each are practically the same thing)

Wes
Tav Cardoso Alves Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Candeias Dorrans Windass
Morelos

For sure that is what the team should be but every fan knows he wont drop Miller so it looks like he will go 4-4-2 and ask Miller to help out in midfield.

Allow them to run at us as Thistle and every other team does, and we're in for a very long 90 minutes. I just don't trust our defence.

The problem we face is that their strongest area (Sinclair and Roberts) wingers , will be up against what is out weakest area ( Wallace and Tav ) . We need an extra sitting midfielder to stop Rogic picking it up 30-40 yards from our goal on the half turn . He kept finding those pockets of space against us last season as did Mcgregor . We need an extra body in the middle ( Rossiter , Jack , Dorrans ) .

Wes
Jack Rossiter
Candeias Dorrans Windass
Morelos

Anything other than this and we'll get run over. Major concerns over our left flank, even more so if Wallace is out.

I've no doubt we'll get chances on the counter but we simply have to win the battle in the middle of the park.

We'll need 3 in the middle of the park. Dorrans, Jack and either Pena or Rossiter with Miller dropping out. The rest of the team picks itself...

I'd go with Pena. Rossiter's had next to no game time and I think Pena will come in to the team on Tuesday. If he impresses it'll be an easy decision for Caixinha despite Miller's previous form against Celtic.

4-4-1-1 or go away from the normal and play a back 3/5 and bring Wilson in for Miller. Would let Bruno chase after all the high balls while Cardoso and Wilson stick to marking the forwards

One of the problems we have is that few of the alternatives will be fit enough to play an OF game-Rossitter didn't even make the bench tonight-would you seriously throw him in?

We could have injuries as well which will weaken us more. I got shot for suggesting Wilson could have played last year but for me he could play that Ball type position that Warburton used to decent effect.

Back 4 with two sitting Jack and Rossiter Dorrans in behind Morelos and two wide that will work back.

Our fullbacks must be reigned in imo if we are to have any chance of winning.

That's the team and formation I would go for
Good team but seriously struggling to place rossiter as he's not kicked a ball, do we go with 5 at the back with 2 wing backs

Wes
Cardoso Alves. Wilson
Tav Wallace

Dorrans Jack
Candeias Pena Windass

Morelos

should be the team above but Rossiter nowhere near fitness or first team...nor is Pena. 4-4-2 and we'll be seeing them hit 5 again so something needs to be developed on training ground.

Depends where Miller wants to play - we'll need to wait until on the day when he makes his mind up - then the team will need to try and make it up around him.

That's why I'm be been saying that he should've been playing last week and next Tuesday.
Possibly should of been playing but the fact is he hasn't so there's no way you can throw him into a game of that magnitude, if PC does start him and he turns out to have a terrible game then all blame will be on the manager, I can't see it happening if I'm honest

In my opinion it has to be 4-2-3-1 or we'll get run ragged in midfield. Miller shouldn't be in the starting 11 and certainly not in midfield or left wing. As has been said though is Rossiter hasn't had much game time. Even if he starts on Tuesday he's likely to be off the pace. It's probably all academic as Miller is sure to get picked.

Possibly should of been playing but the fact is he hasn't so there's no way you can throw him into a game of that magnitude, if PC does start him and he turns out to have a terrible game then all blame will be on the manager, I can't see it happening if I'm honest

And if he doesn't play him and we continue to be open through the middle then he'll get blamed.

This is Pedro's job. This is what he gets paid for.

No surrender eh?

Take your blinkers off man,we struggled against Partick fuckin' thistle on Friday night,I would love to beat the filth next week I'm just struggling to see where and how our current manager will come up with the tactics to do so.

Has to be some sort of 4-5-1. If it's just Dorrans and Jack in the middle they'll fucking murder us.

Something like

Wes
Jack
Candeias Dorrans Rossiter/Holt Windass
Morelos

4-2-3-1(4-5-1) would be my starting formation most weeks with a 3-5-2 backup...

Miller should be 2nd or 3rd choice striker...

Gk - Wes

Rb -New RB/ tav
Cb -Alves
Cb -Cardaso
Lb -New LB

Cm- Jack
Cm - Dorrans

RM - candais (spelling I know)
Am - Pena/Niko/windass
LM - no clue we don't have a good choice unless the man city lad can

Cf - Mireles/. Herrera/ miller

Wes
Cardoso Bruno Wilson
Tav Jack Rossiter Dorrans John/Wallace
Candeias Morelos

3-5-2 on attack, 5-4-1 on defence.

We simply must play 5 in the middle, but Rossiter can't be in the team, I would play Wilson in front of the 2 CB.

Has to be 4-2-3-1
No place for any passengers so that means Pena and Miller start on bench.

4-1-4-1 for me.

Foderingham
Tav, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace
Jack
Candeias, Dorrans, Rossiter, Windass
Morelos

I'm not sure how Pedro will line us up for the game , if it's last season's press them high stuff ,we are in for a very long 90 mins. I would prefer that we played with more caution defend in banks and attack by putting the ball into space behind their full backs. It's not pretty but it worked for Walter very well. My worry is that Pedro is to proud to change his attacking philosophy and has real belief that his team can match that mhob, I prefer to think more cautious let's change the team to deal with their match winners , stay compact take chances when they arrive and more importantly stay in the hunt for the league.

Hoping he drops Miller and plays another midfielder. Maybe Rossiter with Dorrans pushing forward more.

I'm convinced it'll be the same team that started last night though.

Agree, preferably 4231 with Jack and Rossiter sitting. But any 5 man midfield will do - 352, 4141, 451...

But I have no idea why this wasn't tested v Thistle. Perfect game for it. As is Tuesday - if it's 442 midweek, it will be on Saturday too.

It's got to be a 4-5-1 or a 5-4-1 for me. We need to be defensively compact and solid and win the midfield battle then hopefully grab a goal on the break.

Wes
Jack Rossiter
Candeias Dorrans Windass
Morelos
This is the only side he should play, if he goes 4/4/2 and puts Miller in again, we will get gubbed. I also have concerns, if Wallace is unfit, about the untried John up against Roberts.

Yip need to tighten up and win the one to one battles

We know we can score goals, that is not the issue, Tav should be told he needs to defend that is his only job.

Craig Levein would go 4-6-0 :eek:

If we play 4-4-2 it will be another humiliation. They might hammer us anyway, but 3 in central midfield should at least give us equal numbers in there. I'm expecting 4-5-1.

Back