What formation next week?

Park the bus and look for a break or set piece to nick it.

Wouldn't let that mob onto us, just sit nice and tight and work our stones off. If we keep it 0-0 till the hour mark then i think we could steal it.

Good team but seriously struggling to place rossiter as he's not kicked a ball, do we go with 5 at the back with 2 wing backs

Wes
Cardoso Alves. Wilson
Tav Wallace

Dorrans Jack
Candeias Pena Windass

Morelos
I think they would notice that we're playing an extra man....

Would go with the midfield 5 over the back 5 personally

I can see a formation out the blue;

Foderingham
Cardoso Alves Wilson
Tavernier_____________Wallace
Jack Dorrans
Candeias Morelos Miller
If Wallace is out then John in.

Pedro will do what Pedro will do, and I don't see him changing anything dramatically.
It may however, not end well.

Personally, I would like to see Rossiter start on Tuesday, and also Pena.
Then if both work out well, I would see next weeks team as along the lines of .....

Foderingham
Tavs Cardosa Alves Wallace
Rossiter Jack
Candeias Pena Dorrans
Morales

The idea would be to smother the area in front of our defence.
Allow Rossiter to slip in behind an attacking Tavernier on those occasions.
Have Candeias and Dorrins work the inside channels and flanks.
Leave Morales up front on his own, to be supported by the runs of Pena, and supported by the flanking runs of both wider midfielders.
However, Pena is as yet the unknown quantity, and that is why the game on Tuesday should see him be given ninety minutes.

The game next week will be won and lost in midfield.

4-5-1 but I'm struggling to pick the midfield. Rossiter is the logical choice in a middle 3 but his lack of match fitness is far from ideal.

Windass can travel with the ball and go past players but usually ends up either playing the wrong pass or taking on a shot that misses by miles. Too wasteful for me and I'd think about dropping him for John but he is another who's had little game time.

Pena for whatever reason is still not ready judging by the amount of misplaced passes he's been making and will most likely come off the bench at some point. Will be interesting to see what Pedro comes up with.

If Wallace and John are out due to injuries it means hodson comes in at left back. I'd personally go 4-5-1 Wes tav cardoso alves hodson (hoping john is fit tbh as can't see any way Wallace makes it) candeias jack pena dorrans windass Morelos and hit on the counter with Pena supporting morelos when we break. I honestly believe we are in with a great shout.

Pedro will do what Pedro will do, and I don't see him changing anything dramatically.
It may however, not end well.

Personally, I would like to see Rossiter start on Tuesday, and also Pena.
Then if both work out well, I would see next weeks team as along the lines of .....

Foderingham
Tavs Cardosa Alves Wallace
Rossiter Jack
Candeias Pena Dorrans
Morales

The idea would be to smother the area in front of our defence.
Allow Rossiter to slip in behind an attacking Tavernier on those occasions.
Have Candeias and Dorrins work the inside channels and flanks.
Leave Morales up front on his own, to be supported by the runs of Pena, and supported by the flanking runs of both wider midfielders.
However, Pena is as yet the unknown quantity, and that is why the game on Tuesday should see him be given ninety minutes.

The game next week will be won and lost in midfield.
This for me.

If Wallace and John are out due to injuries it means hodson comes in at left back. I'd personally go 4-5-1 Wes tav cardoso alves hodson (hoping john is fit tbh as can't see any way Wallace makes it) candeias jack pena dorrans windass Morelos and hit on the counter with Pena supporting morelos when we break. I honestly believe we are in with a great shout.

Wallace is 100% out and we won't be seeing him any time soon.

We will get horsed if we go 442 again bar a miracle. You'd think we wouldn't be stupid enough to line up with this shape again but I said the same after the 2-0 spanking in the semi against them and we done the same thing against them 5 days later.

100% we have to crowd the midfield this time, hope Pedro has learned from previous games against them and doesn't make the same mistake

If Wallace is out then it makes sense to go 3 at the back.

I really don't want to see 4-4-2. Can you imagine this team against them;

Foderingham
Tavernier Cardoso Alves John
Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass
Miller
Morelos
No, neither can I. It would be dismantled.

Has to be 4-5-1. If Kenny Miller is in the starting line up though we can forget about a result no matter what the formation, simply can't afford any passengers next week.

It'll be 343 I think.

Fods
Cardoso Alves Wilson
Tav Jack Dorrans John
Candeias Morelos Miller

Or 451

Fods
Tav Cardoso Alves John
Candeias Jack Rossiter Dorrans Windass
Morelos

4-2-3-1 / 4-5-1 (each are practically the same thing)

Wes
Tav Cardoso Alves Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Candeias Dorrans Windass
Morelos

Agree with that but I would go with Miller on the left as i think he would offer more when we dont have the ball despite being rotten last few games.

I think they'll get a man sent off.

We just need to keep the head, match the midfield and work on attacking their fullbacks.

More importantly, when we get a chance take it.

Back