What is the worst story / lie you have heard or read about our fans in the last 5 years?

Paul Elliot being racially abused

Rangers fans racially abusing mark Walter's

I think the second one could be from that wee creepy cnut queers
Britney also said that Sheep fans weren't singing "nice one Simmy", they were singing "nice one Jimmy" haha.

A lot of the ones I could think of have already been said but some of the lies Celtic fans have came up with during lockdown are excellent:

"Helander tested positive for COVID but trained all week with the first team and we've deliberately gave false tests back so we could play our full strength team"

"Scott Arfield had a party and a number of first team players were at it. Rangers are misleading us all about who was there and the SFA are in on it as well."

Ill Phils daughter crying has to be up there (maybe more than 5 years ago)

Separate entity has to be the tops.
Wasn't she 21 or something at the time he took her to the game that was full of Rangers bigots?

I just remembered Sutton receiving comments on Twitter...

But saying his 9yo was at a sleepover and she had the phone and got upset.

Not the worse, but full of lies all the same.

BBC Scotland is providing increased security for Jim Spence, a sports presenter, after he said he was threatened in the street while walking with his wife in Dundee.

Spence contacted police after the incident, which occurred after he had received a number of abusive tweets and e-mails following comments he made last week during a BBC radio show in which he described Rangers Football Club as “the old club” and “a club that died”.

Correct, and blatant lies passed onto said scum journalist of said scum paper by the Head of the Scottish Police Federation Callum Steele.

I asked one of the gestapo drivers how thick he was.
Aitkenhead Road might not just not have been so busy.
Dickheads.
Fucking brother in law is one of them as well.
He has been told regularly.
Not fit for purpose.

That apparently the bouncy is about a guy who got killed and we are singing about bouncing on his head.

And the particularly horrible one from a couple of weeks ago that we sing a song about jumping on the heads of catholic babies.

Although i must say, the sandcastle demolition and subsequent police manhunt was a favourite of mine.

I must confess I found the one about Penny Arcade being about a sectarian murder both bizarre and somewhat disturbing

The one after the cup final v hibs at Hampden where it was claimed Rangers fans were putting kids in front of police vans to stop them passing through.

Probably the blocking police from Hampden using our own kids as barriers.

Written and printed by a national newspaper.
Absolutely criminal that one. A wee sorry would have made it all better though with how our media works. Our country is crumbling as time goes on. Quite sad to witness.

Not the worse, but full of lies all the same.

BBC Scotland is providing increased security for Jim Spence, a sports presenter, after he said he was threatened in the street while walking with his wife in Dundee.

Spence contacted police after the incident, which occurred after he had received a number of abusive tweets and e-mails following comments he made last week during a BBC radio show in which he described Rangers Football Club as “the old club” and “a club that died”.

I take it his wife was upset at him slagging Rangers and that's why she threatened him?

Not sure if it was within 5 years but the guy who said his dog was the victim of sectarian abuse off rangers fans on a bus , the dog then died and he was pictured in the sun having a dog funeral as his other dog had also died and there was genuinely a picture of the guy with his two dead dogs dressed in Celtic strips looking forlorn . No I’m not making this up it was in the sun I’m sure about 5 years ago
No, you are absolutely not making this up.
I remember the story well.

They have form for this. Raymond Gormley, was a mugging by celtc fans but they tried to put it as sectarian.

Then in the last couple of seasons a boy got stabbed in Merchant city after an OF game, it was one of his own but they tried to pin it on bears.

This is the mob that bottled a 10 year old boy.
Similar has been getting printed for years now.
Must be fifteen years since a chapel up north was set on fire by Rangers fans conduct a sectarian attack.
When it was proven to be an electrical fault that caused it, there was no retraction, no apology.

That one of our players snuck on to their team coach and injected one of their players with Covid.

Apparently Police Scotland were reviewing the CCTV footage and one of our starting 11 we’re gonna be up for attempted murder.

I wish I were joking.

the sandcastle story brought a tear. (no it wasnt my sandcastle being kicked over)

Why is one dog dressed in a Gers kit if he is a Celtic fan?
You’d need a few sessions with Sigmund Freud to work these people out . Apparently he already had two Rottweilers and the boxer called magic , all three were Celtic fans the same as him but when Magic suffered the sectarian abuse and was kicked in the head :oops: by big bad Rangers fans on the bus , he went and got another Rottweiler as a “ bodyguard “ for magic , and this one was a bluenose . You wonder how his other two rotties must have felt being told they weren’t up to the job .

Nathan Oduwa ending his loan deal because we couldn't afford ice for his post game ice bath. Spurs were raging!
As far as I know that's the only time ill Phil has been made to remove an article. I imagine spurs made him remove it.

Last edited:
Not five years ago but I always remember the Bobo Balde story where he said he had to take an armoured car to games at Ibrox.
Bobo Baldes a good shout, although more than 5 years ago.

The Sun ran an article headlined "My racism hell at Ibrox" all about how he'd endured monkey chants from thousands of Rangers fans during celtcs 1-0 win in October 2003.
It was accompanied by a picture with Martin O'Neill putting his arm round Balde which was captioned "O'Neill consoles Balde after race ordeal"

Two massive things wrong with this article.

First off, the picture. Balde has CIS Cup patches on his shirt sleeve, the game the whole article was based on was in the league.

Secondly, and this is a fùcking beauty, Balde was red carded at Hibs the previous week.
He wasn't even in the matchday squad for the game because he was suspended.

Torbett was a Rangers fan!
I've went with them on that on a couple of occasions, it fùcks them up even more.

Torbett was a Protestant/Rangers fan.

Right that's great, so why didn't celtc inform the police what he was up to?

Why did celtc re-hire this "Protestant Rangers fan" to oversee their entire youth set up with his history of child abuse?

And lastly, why was this "Protestant Rangers fan" given such an important post at a time when Jock Stein wasn't allowed in the boardroom?

Back