What makes losing this title more sickening

LoyalRanger_72

I’ll probably get shot down in flames by some because we’re not a great side and can’t beat them, I’m not denying that all. Others will totally agree. What makes it worse we won’t win the title this year is this is without doubt the worst Scum side in a decade. Worse than the side under The Lurgan Bigot and Ronny Deila. They sold Jota and replaced him with an utter diddy like Palma. Liam Scales and Greg Taylor who are utter dross have played most games at the back. James Forrest is still bailing them out. They’ve lost to Killie and Hearts twice this season. Threw away an 8 point lead before our usual suspect losers done their usual. They’ve drawn at home against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. They got absolutely pumped in Europe again.

This season really was a missed opportunity when it comes to the title and ruining Rodgers reputation.

Feel like I hear this every single season.

They’re awful, full of shite etc etc and yet they win trophy after trophy and title after title.

I’ll laugh at them being shite when Rangers are on top of Scottish football. Right now, they’re as good as they need to be and that’s the cold hard facts of it.

Feel like I hear this every single season.

They’re awful, full of shite etc etc and yet they win trophy after trophy and title after title.

I’ll laugh at them being shite when Rangers are on top of Scottish football. Right now, they’re as good as they need to be and that’s the cold hard facts of it.
We do hear this most seasons and I mostly disagree… until this season. They’re fkn rank rotten and no one will convince me otherwise. Doesn’t mean I’m laughing at them. Just my opinion mate

The most sickening thing is that it's our excellent form in the Europa League the past few years thats getting those fuks straight in without any qualification.
This goes back to 2021/22 season when we were on our run to Seville & dropped stupid points against Dundee United, Motherwell & Ross County.

Win that title when we should’ve it would be a different story, all if, but & maybe’s.

They are not a good side and were there for the taking.

We’ve won more points against the SPL dross than they have. Our undoing is our failure to lay a glove on them in the four games. It’s been a nine point swing they’ve won against us. Then when you factor in the corrupt match winning decisions and our clusterfucks that have went their way in each of the four old firm games, it’s absolutely tragic.

They’re not a bad side as a collective. They press well, they move the ball in the attacking phase of play very well, they are always sharp when it comes to quick set pieces. Basically they are doing the right things in training day in, day out.

Until we see a huge improvement in the way we play our football, they’ll continue to be a long way ahead of us,

One of our players gets a start in their team, one. That tells you how far behind we are.

We will likely finish the season with a better record v the other 10 sides, yet we've taken 1 v them while they've taken 10 points.

That is the nub of it - they have us beat and that's allowed them to overcome failings elsewhere (which we have compounded in recent weeks).

Frustrating because second half we played some great stuff today, but that was nowhere v Ross county and the same side as tonight away, nor v them in the last 2 games.

I did say in the OP that I don’t disagree that we’re not a good side. Hence why it makes it more sickening. That lot are honking
I get what you are trying to say.

They are honking.

Remarkably FF is in almost unanimous agreement in its thoughts pre and post game on Saturday that only butland and Sterling get in the honking Celtic team, where are we?

I get 97/98 vibes from this season when we lost the ten.

Dropping points we shouldn’t have all over the shop.

At least we beat them what, twice in the league and once in the cup back then? So we were even worse against the rest that time round. Hearts had a decent team that season too to counter it I suppose.

I’ll probably get shot down in flames by some because we’re not a great side and can’t beat them, I’m not denying that all. Others will totally agree. What makes it worse we won’t win the title this year is this is without doubt the worst Scum side in a decade. Worse than the side under The Lurgan Bigot and Ronny Deila. They sold Jota and replaced him with an utter diddy like Palma. Liam Scales and Greg Taylor who are utter dross have played most games at the back. James Forrest is still bailing them out. They’ve lost to Killie and Hearts twice this season. Threw away an 8 point lead before our usual suspect losers done their usual. They’ve drawn at home against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. They got absolutely pumped in Europe again.

This season really was a missed opportunity when it comes to the title and ruining Rodgers reputation.
Sick of hearing how shite they are, when they are completely dominating the game here.
It doesn't make you less staunch to admit they are still a good bit ahead of us and everyone else.
Ffs, folk on here were saying till he left that the Ange team was pish, as he swept to a treble. Folk taking solace when they get pumped in Europe.
So what? How does that improve things at Ibrox? It doesn't, but you get a wee giggle at a Tim work mate etc.
Yes , they have the financial advantage, it just means we need to be doing everything spot on, making the absolute best of the resources we have.

Give a manager time, more than a season to build a team, get his style bedded in, get the players we can afford that can play his system. Really just get back to the basics of building a team and stop worrying about them. It only leads to knee jerk decisions, which more than not are wrong.

We do hear this most seasons and I mostly disagree… until this season. They’re fkn rank rotten and no one will convince me otherwise. Doesn’t mean I’m laughing at them. Just my opinion mate
That’s fair enough and you’re entitled to that opinion mate. Appreciate I’ve said it on this thread but it’s not aimed at you personally, just fed up hearing the same thing year after year when we’ve failed again to get back on top.

Feels like a comfort blanket for some folk (not saying that’s the case for you) and I just can’t get on board with it personally.

Stop it ! they only need to be better than us no matter how mediocre, poor, bad we think they are. We could be saying the same thing 10 years from now !!

It's sickening thinking back to that Hearts 5-0 game. We were on top of the world and Ibrox was buzzing.

Then followed what IMO is the worst collapse we've ever had. I don't think I'll ever fully understand it. How we went from the performance that day to some of the shite that was served up.

Mate it's done stop torturing yourself.

Cup final and a massive summer rebuild to look forward too

It's sickening thinking back to that Hearts 5-0 game. We were on top of the world and Ibrox was buzzing.

Then followed what IMO is the worst collapse we've ever had. I don't think I'll ever fully understand it. How we went from the performance that day to some of the shite that was served up.

When Clement started regailing stories about the past in Belgium and not long after appearing on stage at Armadillo with Souness and Jim White day after losing to Motherwell.

Fear kicked in

It's total nonsense to suggest that's a worse side than Duffy, Laxalt, Barkas etc etc
That squad had massive sellable assets like Frimpong, Edouard, Ajer and Christie in it. Also a loanee in Elyounoussi who was bought by Southampton for 16 million. I’d argue they have less sellable assets now than they did then.

They win the first two OF games with massive assistance from VAR calls (Dessers’ assist and Johnson’s handball). Even if both games finish in draws that is a six point swing in our favour.

We weren’t good enough on Saturday but beating them 10 v 11 is hard. It is up to us to be good enough to remove these variables - they aren’t a good side and I’d love to see that slimy bastard Brenda under some serious pressure.

No judgement here.

You are spot on. An absolute shambles, that we threw this away. We got to the position we needed with less than quarter of the season to go. And absolutely crapd the bed. Injuries or not. Our mentality and our so called 'squad' players let us down, with no one there to lead the team over the last few hurdles.

A real chance wasted.

Both us and them are shockingly poor.

The standard had been absolutely rotten this season.

It was the slightly less shittiest team who won it.

Real lack of quality in both sides.
Outside Killie and Hearts its hard to make a case for any team that's had a decent year. Both Hibs and Aberdeen going through 2 managers each, Livi possibly the poorest top flight team ever and the rest doing enough to try and avoid relegation or make top 6 but not much quality among them.

There’s no question they’ve regressed from where they were from about December 21 to May 23.

Ultimately though they’ve still got the edge on us and one point from four derbies isn’t going to cut it.

We lament some recent results as us “blowing it”.

But nobody seems to acknowledge the fact they’ve had some howling results this season too. We didn’t magically go from 7 behind to leading at one point without them having results just as bad as we’ve had in our recent lean spell.

It’s been two fairly vulnerable teams this season, but when one can keep edging the derbies then it doesn’t really matter that Rangers slipped up at Ross county or whatever.

The bad thing is, now we ran them close this season and they now know how much the compo from their dirty deeds is going to cost them and the even fatter than usual champions league cheque, they will spend big in the summer while we won't. Loads of people are expecting a big turnover in the summer, I don't see the club spending like they did last year for Beale, it will be the usual muck no doubt.

The bottle jobs have gave our closest rivals another massive boost to their coffers and another free run at Europe due to their hard work and it's absolutely sickening, sad thing is most of them like our captain seem used to it now, can't even string a pass together when playing them, somebody on here said - and I don't know if it's true as I never seen it but tavs passing % against them was 50%, that's absolutely criminal for a professional.

Sickening is it was there for the taking a) when it was in our hands and b) when there a huge £60m prize riding on it. I’ll give the youngsters the benefit of the doubt but the senior players (and I’m also including those like Cantwell, Souttar, Raskin who have been here a good 18 months or more) are responsible for either their lack of ability or in my opinion their lack of belief. That’s on the players.

Would Fraser have been better than Borna? Would McKinnon have been better than Tav? Would Raskin have been better than Lundstram? Who knows but it have been worth a try. That’s on the manager.

That the discussion recently has still been whether 3/4 Gerrard 2018 signings should be starting the back line, whether the transfer money this summer (and last) gave us value for money? That’s on the board

The point being is they probably won’t be as sh*te next season and therefore this season was a massive opportunity to take the title which we couldn’t do.
Small margins the perfectly good Roofe goal in the first old firm stands we win that game and the whole season has a different look.

Yeah yeah, they're dreadful but they won 3 out of 4 OFs and drew the other. Say what you like, they delivered when it mattered. Of course we had our chances, but we froze in the headlights when the chips were down. We need steely eyes winners in this team, not frightened does who run off at the first sign of adversity.

They have been poor this season but the problem is we have been even worse. We need to get the recruitment right in the summer and we can win the league. Rodgers is not great in the transfer market, if you ask Leicester and Liverpool fans they will tell you that. His signings are usually shite.

They’re not a bad side as a collective. They press well, they move the ball in the attacking phase of play very well, they are always sharp when it comes to quick set pieces. Basically they are doing the right things in training day in, day out.

Until we see a huge improvement in the way we play our football, they’ll continue to be a long way ahead of us,

One of our players gets a start in their team, one. That tells you how far behind we are.
We’re too slow, we tend to move up the pitch gradually and it seems as if we’re determined to score at all costs through teams with them having 8 or 9 players back defending the box. Middle to front our play just isn’t cohesive enough as frequently our attacks come to nothing with players not reading teammates intentions, the misplaced passes, poor decision making and poor finishing. The filth are better than us in these departments, they carry more of a threat and also have players who show no fear of us in the head to heads, they always seem to be the hungrier outfit and can handle the big game pressure better than most of our guys. It needs totally ripped up, we can’t continue like this.

They are not a good side and were there for the taking.

We’ve won more points against the SPL dross than they have. Our undoing is our failure to lay a glove on them in the four games. It’s been a nine point swing they’ve won against us. Then when you factor in the corrupt match winning decisions and our clusterfucks that have went their way in each of the four old firm games, it’s absolutely tragic.

The OF games are critical, they are six pointers. Their victories in these games has won them the league the last 3 yrs

The filth ... carry more of a threat and also have players who show no fear of us in the head to heads, they always seem to be the hungrier outfit and can handle the big game pressure better than most of our guys.
We were enraged by how smug Rodgers was after the Old Firm fixture at Ibrox, despite Celtic being pegged back at the death. He knew then, though, and still knows know, and knows his players know, that, whatever weaknesses they might have, they are better than us - individually and collectively, mentally, technically and tactically.

It sickens me that I was relieved not to have been on the end of a doing in the last game against them.

Anyway, f*ck them and the agenda-driven bigots who support them in the stands, in the media and in the corridors of power. It's all about what we do now, under a manager who has to be given the chance to recruit, coach and organise his choice of player, as well as - as he's alluded to - sort out whatever it is we're doing, or not doing, on the medical side of things.

Edit: It's unarguable that we've been on the receiving end of some poor, very possibly game-changing refereeing decisions against the Yahoos. That's another topic, though, and I wouldn't want us not to focus on what we, ourselves, can do differently and better to beat them, in games and to titles.

Last edited:

It isnt the worst Celtic side in a decade. And how good or bad they are doesn't matter a jot. They're better than we are and its difficult to see how we change that in a short period of time.

Celtic were good enough to win the title this year. We weren't. They'll probably make that a league and Scottish Cup double.

All this "Celtic aren't that good" pish is a coping mechanism. It's nothing more than a way to avoid just how woeful we are right now and how much work needs to be done to improve things/

It's been an unforgivable collapse to be honest, we manoeuvred ourselves into an unbelievable position, other teams done us favours, filth were in full on crisis mode, Rodgers under enormous pressure, so we then drop 8 points to Motherwell, County and Dundee.

Remarkable.
Motherwell was a terrible performance, but they should have been down to 10 men, & disgracefully the offender gets the winner. It was glossed over because of Heart win the next day, but alarm bells were ringing.

However the County game will sting for a long time - a “not fit to wear the shirt” performance at a pivotal time of the season & had an adverse knock on for the Dundee game IMO.

We weren’t good enough, or mentally strong enough to take the 9 points we should have, and we all knew that was that.

The "they are shite" comfort blanket is not one I'll be wrapping myself in. We've barely laid a glove on them, and, despite the Mick Beale disaster, had ourselves in a winning position and blew it.

Roll on the cup final.

We haven't blew anything as we never had it in the bag like they do now. We failed over the course of the season.
Failing to beat them in 4 games , losing 3 gives them a 9 point headstart.

We need to build a team with fight and desire that is hard to beat and enjoys playing in big derbies.

Time has flown since 55 , thats them on 3, and counting- we need to rebuild fast.

Back