What makes losing this title more sickening

We need a full rebuild on not much of a budget. They will have £60 million and a possible heavy chunk for the Frimpong sell on if he leaves Leverkusen to supplement their squad. It's going to be very tough for Clement

We need to get every signing right and to hit the ground running

How would UEFA decide who gets in though. Entry has always been based on the teams position in the domestic league. For club coefficient Chelsea are ranked 10th and Aston Villa 81st but one will qualify for the champions league this year based on finishing top four.

for CL - should be those in the qualifying criteria
so England have City, Arsenal, Liverpool & Villa
Villa will be straight to groups - whilst other club with far better team co-efficients have to qualify

thats the issue
Villa should be there but not straight to groups

I think the main problem is mentality. It just isn't there since Steven Gerrard left, he had the measure of them. He was able to put them to the sword despite the significant financial advantage they have had in the last decade. I saw these stats from another poster, correct me if its not up to date.

Under Gerrard
Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Post Gerrard
Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Since then their managerial and player recruitment has been better than ours, therefore their quality is better than ours, more importantly, their mentality is better than ours when we play them and the stats above show it. Don't get me wrong we have some good individual players but they're outnumbered by average ones

However as I said Mentality wise ,when we play them their key players and leaders turn up, whereas ours are nowhere to be seen, they take advantage of our slip ups, whereas we don't take advantage of theirs.

How we went backwards from Gerrard leaving God only knows, in fact how we went backwards from Seville truly staggers me.

Needs to be big changes this summer.

Last edited:
for CL - should be those in the qualifying criteria
so England have City, Arsenal, Liverpool & Villa
Villa will be straight to groups - whilst other club with far better team co-efficients have to qualify

thats the issue
Villa should be there but not straight to groups
Might work but there is a danger could become a closed shop if only teams with good rankings automatically qualify from league positions. Imagine if Leicester when they won the league had to play a qualifier while Arsenal, Spurs and City got in automatically based on previous history.

I’ll probably get shot down in flames by some because we’re not a great side and can’t beat them, I’m not denying that all. Others will totally agree. What makes it worse we won’t win the title this year is this is without doubt the worst Scum side in a decade. Worse than the side under The Lurgan Bigot and Ronny Deila. They sold Jota and replaced him with an utter diddy like Palma. Liam Scales and Greg Taylor who are utter dross have played most games at the back. James Forrest is still bailing them out. They’ve lost to Killie and Hearts twice this season. Threw away an 8 point lead before our usual suspect losers done their usual. They’ve drawn at home against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. They got absolutely pumped in Europe again.

This season really was a missed opportunity when it comes to the title and ruining Rodgers reputation.
They are nowhere near as bad as some of those teams you mention.

But it’s not about them we blew it in those 2 games-games we should have won even being stretched.

We threw it away that’s what hurts

We showed in the second half last night that we could tear teams apart with one touch football. No team has a divine right to win every game, but the Ross County, Dundee away and Motherwell (despite the sending off scenario) games were scandalous.

We threw it away. But let’s not forget being cheated in all four games, in different ways, against Celtic. Last Saturday’s outrageous penalty decision didn’t matter in the end, but I’m bloody certain the decisions in the first three games did. And that really WAS the difference.

What rips ma knittin is the fact that it’s our self inflicted mistakes that have handed them each and every one of their points from the OF games. They have not had to break sweat to beat us. Just sit back and watch as we gift goal after goal.

They have a squad built to win trophies.

It’s a lesson that a title winning team doesn’t need to be full of 11 world beaters with another 8 on the bench. They have plenty of players who ‘aren’t that good’ but can do the job in Scotland and will work their arses off to play for them.

Both us and them are shockingly poor.

The standard had been absolutely rotten this season.

It was the slightly less shittiest team who won it.

Real lack of quality in both sides.
To be honest, now they are full strength they look much better. They are still dodgy at the back, but they have a much better front line than us

Let's be honest.

The League could have went either way this season.

We ran out of gas when we had to win.

Being unable to match the pace and energy of so-called smaller clubs done us over.

When we had them under pressure they were slow, laboured and playing with the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Then we took a double barrelled shotgun and fired both cartridges straight into our own face.

We blew this title.

Scales had two moments at least on Saturday that were truly cringe worthy for a professional. One he collected the ball in our half, was allowed to advance about ten yards unchallenged, dithered ... Then passed the ball up the left wing and out of play.

And yet he still wasn't the worst performance on the park that day.

The fact we clawed it back when it looked done back in October.

They are bang average, and 3 or 4 injuries away from being pish.

They got all their players back at the business end of the season, our injuries piled up.

We had an inexpicable blip at the end, dropping 5 points in a few days.

If we turned one of those old firm defeats in to a victory it could still have been ours.

Few what ifs in there, we need to lift the Scottish Cup, no excuses.

We were enraged by how smug Rodgers was after the Old Firm fixture at Ibrox, despite Celtic being pegged back at the death. He knew then, though, and still knows know, and knows his players know, that, whatever weaknesses they might have, they are better than us - individually and collectively, mentally, technically and tactically.

It sickens me that I was relieved not to have been on the end of a doing in the last game against them.

Anyway, f*ck them and the agenda-driven bigots who support them in the stands, in the media and in the corridors of power. It's all about what we do now, under a manager who has to be given the chance to recruit, coach and organise his choice of player, as well as - as he's alluded to - sort out whatever it is we're doing, or not doing, on the medical side of things.

Edit: It's unarguable that we've been on the receiving end of some poor, very possibly game-changing refereeing decisions against the Yahoos. That's another topic, though, and I wouldn't want us not to focus on what we, ourselves, can do differently and better to beat them, in games and to titles.

My support in the mangager now depends on his summer shopping. He needs to change the defence. Get the captain tf. Get in a commanding centre half. And that's just the start of it.

They were better than us. Marginally but they were. That's not saying much mind you. This is the weakest connection I have felt with a rangers team for a long time. Le guen era is the only other one I can think of.

They dropped points when we didn't expect them to. But when it came to it, they held it together. We shat the bed.

It’s alright saying they’re only marginally better than us but they might not be next season. The real issue is every year bar one for 13 years they have either been marginally better or a lot better but always better

I’ll probably get shot down in flames by some because we’re not a great side and can’t beat them, I’m not denying that all. Others will totally agree. What makes it worse we won’t win the title this year is this is without doubt the worst Scum side in a decade. Worse than the side under The Lurgan Bigot and Ronny Deila. They sold Jota and replaced him with an utter diddy like Palma. Liam Scales and Greg Taylor who are utter dross have played most games at the back. James Forrest is still bailing them out. They’ve lost to Killie and Hearts twice this season. Threw away an 8 point lead before our usual suspect losers done their usual. They’ve drawn at home against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. They got absolutely pumped in Europe again.

This season really was a missed opportunity when it comes to the title and ruining Rodgers reputation.
Yes they are not great but we are worse

They're winning another title, meanwhile we've spent months debating wether or not to keep guys who have have contributed the square root of %^*& all for years.

"aYe BuT 55 aND sEviLlE"

I'd happily accept a throwing shark level meltdown if it meant actually being in with a chance of a season where we don't crumble in some stupid way

This is the weakest connection I have felt with a rangers team for a long time. Le guen era is the only other one I can think of.
Have you been sleeping from 2012 until now? :D

Don’t fully disagree but at least some of these players have given us moments in the past.

Try going to parkhead this time of the year on a Monday night and watch them win the league.A point would have done us as we had 2 games in hand. That is physically sickening.

They're winning another title, meanwhile we've spent months debating wether or not to keep guys who have have contributed the square root of %^*& all for years.

"aYe BuT 55 aND sEviLlE"

I'd happily accept a throwing shark level meltdown if it meant actually being in with a chance of a season where we don't crumble in some stupid way

I don't want sharks. I want Blue Whale meltdowns.

The people running the club need to realise we've had enough.

They dropped points when we didn't expect them to. But when it came to it, they held it together. We shat the bed.

They had a run of 3 games in February where they could easily have dropped 9 points, but took 5.

It was ridiculous what they got away with in those 3 games.

Fuckers are doing what we should have done to them, Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee! Next season again!

I don't want sharks. I want Blue Whale meltdowns.

The people running the club need to realise we've had enough.
Correct.

"They gave us 55 and Seville". 55 was 3 years ago. Seville was 2 years ago. Since then, we've won a Scottish Cup and a League Cup whilst they've sat back and watched Celtic hoover up title after title, trophy after trophy.

Disgusting how uninterested people at our club are. They borderline don't give a flying rats arse.

Correct.

"They gave us 55 and Seville". 55 was 3 years ago. Seville was 2 years ago. Since then, we've won a Scottish Cup and a League Cup whilst they've sat back and watched Celtic hoover up title after title, trophy after trophy.

Disgusting how uninterested people at our club are. They borderline don't give a flying rats arse.

It's not just the titles. It's the financials gains they make.

Which is why the ending of automatic CL qualification can't come quick enough.

Another 2 or 3 titles for them on the trot will be horrific for us.

There's the irony of our Euro runs benefiting them

Then there's the advanced riches for next season.

I just wonder if any of our lot actually realise or care what this season's title win actually meant?

I know it's unreasonable, but I want rid of these losers. Get rid of the captain and Goldson for a start. Make a statement. Tell Barisic and Lundstram to just go, they have no more parts to play at the club.

When it comes to losers I could go on though.

I'd play youth in the last league game of the season and find out if any of them have it in them for a season's finale.

There's the irony of our Euro runs benefiting them

Then there's the advanced riches for next season.

I just wonder if any of our lot actually realise or care what this season's title win actually meant?

I know it's unreasonable, but I want rid of these losers. Get rid of the captain and Goldson for a start. Make a statement. Tell Barisic and Lundstram to just go, they have no more parts to play at the club.

When it comes to losers I could go on though.

I'd play youth in the last league game of the season and find out if any of them have it in them for a season's finale.

They won't ever qualify for the CL by their own merits and navigating qualifying rounds, no chance.

As for us, we really had to win the League this year, simply for the finances.

Every season, we fall further behind.

This constant "they're crap" "they're rotten" chat seems to have gotten them 3 in a fuckin row. Yes, they're rotten, but yet again they beat us 3 times this season, didn't lose any ground in the run up. We absolutely fucked it this season. We had them in March. They were about to implode. Then what do those imposters do? Lose at home to Motherwell, Ross County and a draw with the Climate Activists. 8 points dropped. Team selections have been baffling of late to say the least also.

Honestly sick as a pig.
Tonight I’m once again raging at this squad of players,how they blew it and couldn’t even get to the last game with a challenge.
This lot have let the fans down big time,we don’t deserve it.
11 players unavailable last night and where were they after the last home game of the season? Nowhere to be seen. Tells you everything about this "team" and squad.

Been hearing this for years. Worst team, terrible manager(Postecoglu) and yet they keep winning. I hate them with every fibre of my being but unfortunately they've got the winners mentality.

Absolutely, but it seems a lot on here don't get it.

They have everything in place for a long run of title wins.

Refs and the SFA / SPFL all sewn up.

A non-critical media.

Their Achilles Heel is Europe, but they genuinely don't care about that, as its all about accruing the automatic CL qualification and the tens of millions that go with it.

Which is why the ending of automatic CL qualification can't come quick enough.

Another 2 or 3 titles for them on the trot will be horrific for us.
We've beaten them twice in 13 games their confidence is through the roof whilst we've got a chairman telling us this is the most talanted squad we've had and it's all about being the best in class. I don't think our board are capable of bringing success so it's likely they'll be dominating for some time.

Honestly sick as a pig.
Tonight I’m once again raging at this squad of players,how they blew it and couldn’t even get to the last game with a challenge.
This lot have let the fans down big time,we don’t deserve it.
Yeah me too 2 months ago I was high as a kite, even Celtc fans I know weren't confident they were going win the league, those fucking 3 games, Motherwell, Ross County , Dundee and not beating THEM has been our downfall

Been hearing this for years. Worst team, terrible manager(Postecoglu) and yet they keep winning. I hate them with every fibre of my being but unfortunately they've got the winners mentality.
They realise that OF are the critical games 18 point swing in their favour this season.
Save their best for us

Combination of things, really.

Our own squad stumbled at crucial points. Players and management made mistakes.

Injuries also battered us. Think it was 12 missing at one point, and never dropped below 4/5. It’s notable when injuries impacted that lot, they stumbled. A lot.

Finally, the OF games this season followed a pattern. Said pattern included both a complete nonsense from the Rangers defense to give away a goal; and a complete nonsense from a referee which did Celtic a massive favour.

The most frustrating season I call recall.

I think the main problem is mentality. It just isn't there since Steven Gerrard left, he had the measure of them. He was able to put them to the sword despite the significant financial advantage they have had in the last decade. I saw these stats from another poster, correct me if its not up to date.

Under Gerrard
Games - 13
Won - 8
Drew - 1
Lost - 4

Post Gerrard
Games - 13
Won - 2
Drew - 3
Lost - 8

Since then their managerial and player recruitment has been better than ours, therefore their quality is better than ours, more importantly, their mentality is better than ours when we play them and the stats above show it. Don't get me wrong we have some good individual players but they're outnumbered by average ones

However as I said Mentality wise ,when we play them their key players and leaders turn up, whereas ours are nowhere to be seen, they take advantage of our slip ups, whereas we don't take advantage of theirs.

How we went backwards from Gerrard leaving God only knows, in fact how we went backwards from Seville truly staggers me.

Needs to be big changes this summer.
I think we went backwards because Gerrard treated them with contempt and knew how to beat them all our managers since have shown them far too much respect.

Worryingly for me is we’ve brought players in on top of the ones we normally point the fingers at, they too have quickly accepted 2nd best as well

The losing culture is running all the way through the club right now, we get a few daft phrases thrown at us like “best in class” etc etc but when it comes down to it our club is accepting mediocrity far too easily right now

It fundamentally has to change at every single level in every single department

We need a full rebuild on not much of a budget. They will have £60 million and a possible heavy chunk for the Frimpong sell on if he leaves Leverkusen to supplement their squad. It's going to be very tough for Clement

We need to get every signing right and to hit the ground running

They have a couple of poor players but they do have some very good ones as well unfortunately.

Back