What result suits us best for us in Villarreal v Rapid

What result suits us...err um ? both disqualified for cheating or match fixing, playing ineligible players, taking bribes, referee being a ringer.....anything that helps us will do for me:D

A draw.

Other teams only picking up 1 point when we already have a win is ideal.

A win on Thursday and I reckon we could get a win away to Vienna also. I am confident we can get the job done and get through. What an achievement that would be for Gerrard in his first ever Euro campaign with a team not even expected to make the group stages.

Like everyone else says a win on Thursday for us and a draw for the other game. Win on Thursday then start thinking about what scores matter though

Villarreal will pick up 6 from their Rapid double-header. It’s up to us to get 3 points vs Spartak.

I think we want the same team to win both Villareal/Rapid games. Doesnt matter who. If we are on 10 after 4 games we would be through whereas we wouldnt if both games are draws or its one win for each

10 points will see us qualify. Win on Thursday and it's in our hands, regardless of how the other scores go

If you want a ticket for Vienna away - we want them to lose their next 3 games so there's home end availability.

;)

10 points will see us qualify. Win on Thursday and it's in our hands, regardless of how the other scores go
I don't think we will need 10 points to qualify, although I can see why you would say that. That guarantees us more or less. I think 9 pants would easily see us go through, w win against SP and at least two draws after that takes points of the other teams.

I'm hopeful of winning this group now. Football is indeed the beautiful game. :)

Listen...if we are in with a chance of 2nd place going into the last game I'll settle for that!

I want Villarreal to win both games. As mentioned previously, Villarreal are the best team in the group and will be up there at the end. Hopefully they win all their remaining games except the game at Ibrox.

I'm a bit of a pessimist but I think the results will go something like this:

Rangers 1 - 1 Spartak
Villarreal 2-0 Rapid Vienna

Spartak 2 - 0 Rangers
Rapid Vienna 0-1 Villarreal

Rangers 1 - 2 Villarreal
Spartak 2 - 1 Rapid Vienna

Rapid Vienna 0 - 1 Rangers
Villarreal 1 - 1 Spartak

A win on Thursday pretty much blows these predictions out the water as we will be strong favourites to progress and Spartak will have a mountain to climb.
A bit of a pessimist ! Rangers will beat Spartak on Thursday.

I always prefer two teams running away with it, obviously Rangers being one of those teams. Cut the other two adrift and they lose interest a bit....and it's off to Baku we go :D

Ideally us winning obv but Spartak out as they are a good team dont want hard competition if we progress lol ..........Ideally all the best teams out at group stage please

A draw or Villarreal win. Better if the home teams win rather than getting unexpected points away.

I was confident in beating Vienna somehow, not so sure with Spartak, even with their league form and general form which led to their manager being sacked.

Only hope they're still in that slump, we win the game and can snatch a draw in Russia. Other results depending, that could be enough. Would love Rapid & Villareal to draw both games. We would be clear by 3 points with 2 games left, one being Vienna away which I fancy us in & home to Villareal where we have been good.

Potential for Spartak to improve and take points of either Villareal / Vienna.

We're genuinely in a fantastic position, considering we're at home on Thursday and a win isn't far-fetched.

To think last year we were out with Luxembourg. It's incredible.

I want Villarreal to win both games. As mentioned previously, Villarreal are the best team in the group and will be up there at the end. Hopefully they win all their remaining games except the game at Ibrox.

I'm a bit of a pessimist but I think the results will go something like this:

Rangers 1 - 1 Spartak
Villarreal 2-0 Rapid Vienna

Spartak 2 - 0 Rangers
Rapid Vienna 0-1 Villarreal

Rangers 1 - 2 Villarreal
Spartak 2 - 1 Rapid Vienna

Rapid Vienna 0 - 1 Rangers
Villarreal 1 - 1 Spartak

A win on Thursday pretty much blows these predictions out the water as we will be strong favourites to progress and Spartak will have a mountain to climb.

I still think Villarreal will win the group.

It's a fight for 2nd between us, Rapid and Spartak imo. Villarreal winning every game bar the one against us works best for us.

Back