What's your favourite football kit ever?

Think mines was Greaves but there was also a world soccer shop just off Sauchiehall St that I’d go into. Also had the home one in long sleeved too - 15 year old with milk money to spend.
A trip to soccer scene on Carnaby Street was essential back in the day

B12-D8122-074-C-40-E4-9-CDB-4-B1-A22-C46-D5-B.jpg

A trip to soccer scene on Carnaby Street was essential back in the day
Walked past there yesterday and was waxing lyrical about it to my son. There are a few pics of inside the store if you search google.
I bought an Arsenal drill top and the Nike home top with Arsenal in the gothic font across the tail from there in the early to mid 90’s. Wasn’t an Arsenal fan just loved the tops etc.
I love most things Adidas from the late 70’s and through the 80’s especially the French and German strips. I know it’s unstaunch but the Nantes Europe 1 too has to be my all time favourite. I also loved the (Le Coq) St Etienne strips from that time.
I follow a Dutch guy on Insta who has an unbelievable collection of strips from that era. Try not to be sick in your mouth when you view his Insta...

My three favourite non-Rangers tops from when I was a kid were the 1990 Ajax away top, a long sleeved 1990 AC Milan top, and a Nike Melchester Rovers top(Roy of the Rovers).

West Germany Adidas gear in 1982 was very smart
I loved Scotland 1981 Umbro strip
And For Rangers , 1985-87 cr smith top and the shirt we had when edu scored the winner v the paedos in the last minute

Apart from Rangers, there were plenty great strips early 80s before shirt sponsorship ruined it.

Blackburn Rovers for example

So many to choose from for us.

The only ever ‘classic’ shirt I’ve bought is the 1987 shirt. Love it as it’s the year I was born and I always associate it with Souness/Wilkins etc.

There are other iconic ones that are pretty timeless through the years. Inter home (classic blue/black stripes) and River Plate (white with red sash) are both tops I’ve owned - always excellent designs for the most part.

The dutch away kit for the 2006 world cup (white with blue and red sashes) was another classic!

Perhaps a more random one I owned and loved was the Lens 02/03 away kit. Black with ‘orange’ phone network as sponsor. Staunch

Last edited:
Back