When Collum blew the whistle at Edouards (first) dive

blueballs

.....who thought he was awarding a penalty?

I did. Think I'm not used to seeing these decisions go our way.

I have a deep distrust of some Scottish refs (theres no doubt in my mind if Clancy had been in the middle and not 4th official this would have panned out different) but fair play that he saw the diving rat for what he is.

Should have sent him off for 2nd one mind you.

100% I just assumed awarding a penalty.

Was obviously delighted the prick actually made the right call for once!!

I have a deep distrust of some Scottish refs (theres no doubt in my mind if Clancy had been in the middle and not 4th official this would have panned out different) but fair play that he saw the diving rat for what he is.

I did for a split second but he never pointed to the spot, so knew it was a yellow.

Initially it looked like a pen. Also Willie F'ing Collum awarding something our way is highly out of character.

Was happy he made the right decision.

Apart from ignoring Eduoard's second dive I thought Collum was okay today and he is a ref that usually tries to be fair especially this season with no crowd to influence him.
Brown being booked on his 5th foul and Morelos getting pulled for his 2nd the only other thing I can think of. Body checking Brown made up for it

Blew right away, pointed at Edouard (not the penalty spot) and started walking towards him reaching to his pocket.

Apart from the nano second until we worked out what was happening why would anybody think he was about to give a penalty.

Collum's biggest mistake was not binning the frog for the second dive.

I did as well, shouting at him. Collum did well today, yes he should have booked Brown sooner but he was fair and honest today, his sidekick on the sidelines would have given that.
Agreed over the course of the game he did well , I’ll be honest I think the eduaord first dive was a really good spot by him , I thot it was a stonewaller when I seen it at first

.... my heart sank tbh, thought the kunts were getting a penalty.
To be fair (out with not sending off Edourd for a second dive and not booking the Lego muncher earlier than he did) the RE teacher had not a bad game.

I wasn’t sure as he didn’t point to the spot. He shat it to send him off as the second dive is worse than the first!

I would have Willie Collum in the middle for every match against them.
He may not like us, but he is not afraid of their fans in the press and media.
He knows that they can't put pressure on him via the usual inferences.
In truth, he is the best referee in Scotland .
Whit??? I never, ever thought I’d I’d see or hear that comment.

I was a bit pissed at the time and had accepted it was a penalty. Not that I thought it was, just that we’ve seen them given for less for those mutants. Was pleasantly surprised when I seen the yellow was aimed at edwierd

I did.

But I was watching on a small Sky Go window on my laptop at the time so I didn't get a good look at it - looked like a pen from what I saw at first.

For me Collum is by far the best ref in Scotland.

Before 2012 I would’ve questioned this, but since we’ve been back there is no comparison.

Fair play to collum ' i dont like him as a ref but with 4 19th Century Terrorist officials today i was worried shud av sent of eddie apart from that he did ok

Even though we dont have VAR you’d think the teams tv channel would have plenty of footage from all different angles to show it was a dive.

Wonder if they’ll leave it out of their highlights? Or di they have to use Sky’s footage only?

I’ve thought for a while now RTV should set up cameras that are able to shed light on contentious calls at Ibrox. A wee bit more accountability without VAR.

On the RTV coverage there was a few seconds of silence and I assumed he had given it

Fair play to him for getting the correct decision. In all honesty Barisic had dived in and all Edouard had to do was run into the contact and it would have been given

Collum is a funny one. Sometimes he can be a good referee then he reverts back to giving our opponents the big decisions. Don't forget he was the first ref to send Brown off for throwing the elbow. Maybe with the media coverage all over the UK he thought he better ref it to the book.

Yep, feared the worst. Interesting they weren’t hounding him straight after given them saying it was as stonewaller afterwords.

I do genuinely think that Collum calls it as he sees it. If Clancy had been the ref today then we know what that devision would have been.

Initially it looked like a pen. Also Willie F'ing Collum awarding something our way is highly out of character.

Was happy he made the right decision.
I've championed collum on here for years now, he's not a great ref but then who is ? But the one thing he is is fair, and that's all we ask for

My initial reaction was penalty but when Collum immediately reached for the card I knew the decision was going our way. French Eddy is no even a good diver...

That’s why the Tims have been gurning at the lack of a crowd this year, because with a full house and the Great Unwashed screaming for a penalty I’m not sure the boul Willie wouldn’t have bottled it and took the easy way out for at least one, and possibly both, of the French scuba diver’s efforts and gave a penalty.

No.

His behaviour didn't seem like he was giving a penalty - he was running towards the player. Then when I saw the hand going into his pocket I was pretty sure he was going to book Edouard.

Personally, I thought the Morelos booking was harsh, the rest were fair enough and Edouard was lucky not to get a second yellow.
I was surprised he didn’t give a penalty as normally that sort of thing has gone their way in the past, but it most definitely was not a penalty, neither was the second dive.

Booked him rightly for first one then he dived again why no second yellow???

On the whole he did ref it well today tbh but it had a weird feeling to the game today was like a training game.

My arse collapsed

Back