When did adding ball to the end of a managers name become a thing?

Prob after the movie moneyball and perceived as a 'new' way of buying selling players but not the actual playing tactics so not relevant to uk football managers

I’ve never heard this before :oops: And I watch every live game going.

Obviously, I don’t concentrate.

West end type. Not all West Ender's are poncey gimps but you know who I mean. The uni accent Ashton lane drinks with the chaps type cunts.
Okay how much is that each ? But I paid a pound more than you in the last taxi...I have 80p here anybody got 20p ? I only have card...ok so if we all fcuk you over for cash you can pay .

I would happily support the addition of ball to the end of their name, so long as it’s followed by bag

I first heard the term when the British and Irish lions under Warren Gatland toured New Zealand. The kiwi press called the Lions style of play "Warrenball"

Load of balls, i think it should be included even more...teams sitting back can be Balls Deep, silky play can be Stroking the Balls, a good save can be Cupping the Balls etc.
Let's go the whole hog and have a ball.

I still don't know what that Ange ball shite is all about.
It’s a very poor attempt by the Scottish press to big up an absolute unknown, untried but very cheap manager for their favourite team.
Putin is taking notes for future propaganda campaigns in the Balkans.

As long as timothy keep playing like Lucielle Ball I'm happy.

Fuuk, mibbees the sheep will beat them or am I askin too much.

Last edited:
Prob after the movie moneyball and perceived as a 'new' way of buying selling players but not the actual playing tactics so not relevant to uk football managers

" Not today Watson, there's a good Fellow ".

"Sorry Holmes, thought I could help out there old chap".

The amount of shite phrases and fake football analysts getting into the game these days is brutal.

Anybody that plays Football Manager thinks they can start a football podcast or Youtube channel.

We have Beilsa Ball, Ange ball and yesterday during the commentary of the Wolves game they said it will take the players some time to get used to Bruno Ball.

From everything I’ve seen of Wolves so far Bruno Ball is absolutely shite.
haha actually made me laugh out loud this, just such a stupid term

We have Beilsa Ball, Ange ball and yesterday during the commentary of the Wolves game they said it will take the players some time to get used to Bruno Ball.

From everything I’ve seen of Wolves so far Bruno Ball is absolutely shite.
Ange Ballsup

The first manager I heard it being applied to was Sarri. Don't know for certain if that was the first example of it though.
First time I heard the concept was the movie moneyball. First time I heard it applied to a person was Sarri. Just another crappy thing to add to the endless list of why modern football is shite. Yes I am a grumpy old bastard.

Back