When Roofe scored

I turned to my Mrs who can’t be arsed with football ad said did you fucking see that

before that I genuinely thought what are you doing Roofe ffs

Very similar reaction.

Turned very calmly to my Mrs, who has no interest in football, and just said, "Well, that was unusual."

Then quietly went bananas watching it over and over again.

"WTF just happened there"
Pretty much this, followed by "what a goal". Mixture of laughing, relief (they had just arsed up a chance) and just utter elation. My tiny little brain just couldn't process it.

My text after the replays to my mate simply said "Goal of the season". That was it, and I definitely undersold it.

I laughed out loud and jumped out of my seat. I still find the sheer audacity of that goal hilarious. One of the best things I’ve ever seen, in football and elsewhere.

When he hit it I thought 'ach he's just hitting it into the corner, wasting time'. As the camera followed the trachetory of the ball and it ended up in the net I was on my feet and landed on the dog. Poor thing didn't know what hit him, not best pleased.
Saw him looking up. Never in a million years did I think he would go for it. Then he went for it.

The camera angle made it even better as I thought/knew it would be on target but had no idea where their goalie was until the very last second.

Pretty much the same as everyone else couldn't believe what I had just witnessed and stood there looking at the tv. Then remembered the Mrs (no pics) asked me to tell her if we scored again.
I thought she was in the bedroom ran (fast walk more like)she had just got out the shower, gave her the fright of her life said "what a fekkin goal" dragged her to the telly "watch this!" She was standing there nude watching the goal ,had a wee swatch at her and back to the telly!!
I scored too later but it was more a Tam Forsyth tap in
Win win for me!!

In the other room, my wife knew football history had just been made :))

For shock value, it was a bit like David Narey's Scotland goal v Brazil 1982 WC. Totally unexpected, out of the blue....you had no reason to see it coming.

Like many on here was willing him to boot it up the pitch to waste time,then watching what he did I laughed incredulously as the ball went in with expletives.
Couldn't contact my son or brother to celebrate as we were watching in differing platforms so didn't want to spoil their experience.

I was putting my 4 year old to bed, he’s lying sound asleep beside me, I’m watching the game on my phone on mute. Roofe scored and I screamed at the top of my voice only quickly realising what I’d done.

Wee fella woke up screaming cause he got a fright, Mrs came bolting up the stairs as she seen it on the camera and proceeded to kick off.

At that point I genuinely gave no fvcks as I just seen the greatest goal ever witnessed!

I was sat a bit nervy thinking good he’s clearing it up the pitch but he should have went for the corner.... “JESUS **** That’s a goal, he’s actually just done that” followed by a few minutes just laughing at the sheer class of it.

I was sat on my own in a Thai restaurant around the corner from the office, watching it on my iPad.

I’ll be honest, it took me a few seconds to realise that the entire restaurant had turned round to look at me, in response to my not-very-muted cheer... :))

I watched it with my brother.

I was still panicking from the chance they had just missed and was screaming for him to hit it out of the park to waste time.

Couldn’t believe it when it went in and I ran towards the TV shouting “what a f*cking goal”

As soon as it left his foot I knew it had a chance, it was just so sweetly struck. I didn't know where the goalie was but just knew it was on target.
Same. Knew it had a chance as soon as you could see what a sweet connection he'd made.

Had to be relatively restrained - my wife was just getting our 5 year-old ready for bed for the night (I'd offered no help whatsoever due to watching the game), so just let out a bit of a laugh and shook my head in disbelief. Showed it to our boy first thing the next morning and he was pissing himself laughing.

My stream cut out and i missed it and when i got it back on the liege keeper was on his arse kidding on he had cramp

My youngest son moved out on Sunday leaving just me and the wife. I was upstairs watching on tablet and ran downstairs to explain the goal to her. The look on her face when she realised oh shit I have to deal with football now. My personal reaction to the goal was damn.

When he approaches the halfway line, im Shouting at the telly.
Well done big man run it in to the corner.
Next minute I'm out my seat Shouting what a fucking goal.
Scared the dug and probably the neighbours too.

Well into my second bottle of white, thinking where’s he going to go here, when he launched it I remember thinking I think thats going to be close, stood in stunned silence when it went in, shell shocked, thinking we don’t score goals like that, burst into laughter and applause, didnt really know what to say, mere words couldn’t really do justice to what I’d just witnessed

Had taped game and didnt know the score as was working.
Watched first half about 11pm then fell asleep watched the second half on Friday morning but unfortunately heard the score.When Roofe scored i can honestly say this is the best goal i have ever seen in 50 years of watching football

How did you react? I didn’t really celebrate, it was just so surreal and I was frozen with shock. Part of me still can’t comprehend what just happened at the time. I think I went through three stages. Freezing, laughing with disbelief and then just being in awe of what had happened. I normally go nuts for a Rangers tap in but this was just something else I’ve never experienced before at a Rangers goal. :))

I text Goooooaaaaaal into a few WhatsApp group chats.

Just watched Football Focus and no mention of Roofe's goal.
If it had been Harry ****** Kane or Marcus ******* Rashford that had scored it ...it would be getting massive tv coverage

How did you react? I didn’t really celebrate, it was just so surreal and I was frozen with shock. Part of me still can’t comprehend what just happened at the time. I think I went through three stages. Freezing, laughing with disbelief and then just being in awe of what had happened. I normally go nuts for a Rangers tap in but this was just something else I’ve never experienced before at a Rangers goal. :))

I nearly cut ma heid on my artex ceiling.

It's been a while cheering a goal of that calibre from us.

I was louder than last Saturday put it that way.

44349-E44-445-F-490-B-9-CB2-9329-F897-E87-F.jpg

I jumped up and stood right in front of the telly with my arms out wide shouting what a f**king goal, yassss! I was absolutely buzzing. Still get a buzz just thinking about it.

To be honest my very first first reaction was relief that we’d won the game, especially since Liege had just missed a chance to equalize. Only then did I think ‘that was a belter’.

When he hit it,the ball went out of camera range for a split second and ime thinking that looked like it was heading for goal.Cue camera catching up as it's sailing towards the goal and then it was a wtf moment.Brilliant.

I just sat on the sofa stunned. Jaw dropping, it didn’t register for a couple of seconds what had actually happened. It just seemed so surreal. Then I went fkn nuts.

Exactly the same as you almost stunned and froze with jaw open then after about 5 minutes went tonto with excitement and cracked open several more cans

Ran about. Shouted the missus to show her it. Put it on repeat about 12 times. Missed the handbags. Watched another 12 times.

I was sitting in my living room, sober, jumped off the sofa and decked it. I think I shouted "that's a fucking goal"

Same here- reminded me of how I felt when Nisbet’s goal went in!
I reckon I sounded like a more excited version of that Mexican commentator, but much like Scott Nisbet vs Bruges, the instant he hit it I thought it was going in and was on my feet shouting before it had reached the top of its arch.

Was watching it in the father in laws. Both on our phone. I was initially delighted they didn’t score. Then went a bit nuts as it went in. He laugh and went - you must be 45 second behind me :D

how he kept a straight face, I don’t know

Shouting and banging my feet on the floor [Cannot walk] before realising that I was in my pals house. Good thing he is a "gers" fan .

Back