Where would we finish in the English Premiership

Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

• Champions :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Top 6

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • Top Mid table (12th-7th)

Votes: 165 21.1%
  • Lower mid table (13th-17th)

Votes: 362 46.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 167 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davie Weir

Got into a debate the other day on how we would do in the EPL. Sometimes hear the mhedia claiming the tims would be a top 6 club across there. Just a fun thread since I’m bored
But Realistically where would you expect us to finish?
Imo I’d imagine if we were dropped straight in now we’d have at least a relegation battle but after a few years of epl money we could be top 6

Last edited:
Misleading question.

Do we imagine as we are right now? Or with the money the clubs down there have?

We’d be in the top 3 of biggest clubs so I’d say top 4 wouldn’t be out of reach given the resources.

Yeah thought as much. Must have been all those spankings we took in Europe last year.

Fulham would have pissed their way through that group.

The notion a team with Babel, Mitrovic, Sessengon, Schurrle, Serri wouldn't spank us is fucken daft but you bash on.

Should’ve really put my opinion as well lol I’d imagine at least a relegation battle with the current squad but a year or two with EPL money and experience then top 6 imo

We’d struggle to survive with the current squad if you just picked us up now and dropped us in the EPL.

The bigger picture is the massive increase in finance that would come with the EPL. We’d be able to shop much bigger and we’d surely to fcuk be a more attractive option for good players than the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton.

I'm sure they would have, they were so impressive last season. Some spanking they gave Barnsley at the weekend.

%^*& all to do with anything to me given I said the team of LAST season....

They were unimpressive in a league that utterly dicks over Scotland, you would have to be a bit of a dafty not to understand the difference between the two things

Fulham might beat us with those players. But they are not as good as the Villareal team who failed to beat us twice, once when we had 10 men for half the game.
And Fulham had a defence that couldn't keep a clean sheet for love nor money.

If they did beat us, which is up for debate, they wouldn't hammer us.

With the current squad, lets be honest we’d be scrapping down the bottom.
With our fan base and EPL resources, mid table.

Tbh. Our fanbase wouldn’t count for a lot (moneywise) down there. We could as easily be the next Forrest, Leeds etc instead of an Everton.

It would take monumental investment to break into the top four. Investment that would only come from people who don’t have the best interests of rangers at heart.

For me, the epl is soulless. And as much as I hate the football culture up here, I’d rather that than lose our identity.

%^*& all to do with anything to me given I said the team of LAST season....

They were unimpressive in a league that utterly dicks over Scotland, you would have to be a bit of a dafty not to understand the difference between the two things
They were brilliant last season, fair enough. Those 7 wins after spending £100m. Wow.

I know sod all about your arse but.....but

There is a team who had World Cup winners, CL Finalists etc on their CV and players who shifted for 10/15/10 million plus and moved to teams like Liverpool, back to Man U, Galatsary, Villareal etc.

And then a team made up of bosmans, 500k additions and lower squad loans.

It is possible to both like Rangers AND have a grasp on reality.

Fulham might beat us with those players. But they are not as good as the Villareal team who failed to beat us twice, once when we had 10 men for half the game.
And Fulham had a defence that couldn't keep a clean sheet for love nor money.

If they did beat us, which is up for debate, they wouldn't hammer us.
He's just gibbering shite as usual :D

Relegated with our current squad but top end championship team would be our level at this moment.

Gradually building ourselves up through seasons worth of the money thrown about down south would see us as a top 6 side before long. And that’s not including the foreign investment we’d inevitably get through being a sleeping giant. Look at Leicester, they won the bastard thing and they don’t have half the fan base we do (pre title win).

Ibrox would need a proper expansion. If we’re selling out games against the likes of Hamilton Accies imagine the demand to see us play teams like Liverpool/Man U.

All fantasy of course but it’s fun to theorise. Fans of English Prem teams need to get off their high horse sometimes. Of course we wouldn’t be a force with our current squad but if it was a level playing field, things would get very interesting very soon.

We’d show the majority of that tourist dross what it means to be a real “big club”.

Last edited:
They were brilliant last season, fair enough. Those 7 wins after spending £100m. Wow.

Oh they were utterly shit in the league they play in, you are stating the obvious to say that but the league they play in is miles and miles and fucken miles ahead on the one we play in.

They lost games against teams with players like Aguero, Hazard, Aubamayang and Kane in them

We lost games against teams with Eamon Brophy and Dolly Menga.

Relegated with our current squad but top end championship team would be our level at this moment.

Gradually building ourselves up through seasons worth of the money thrown about down south would see us as a top 6 side before long. And that’s not including the foreign exchange investment we’d inevitably get. Look at Leicester, they won the bastard thing and they don’t have half the fan base we do (pre title win).

Ibrox would need a proper expansion. If we’re selling out games against the likes of Hamilton Accies imagine the demand to see us play teams like Liverpool/Man U.

All fantasy of course but it’s fun to theorise. Fans of English Prem teams need to get off their high horse sometimes. Of course we wouldn’t be a force with our current squad but if it was a level playing field, things would get very interesting very soon.

Agree with everything there^

If we went in now with our current squad we'd do well to avoid relegation.

That's not a slight on our current group of players, it's just the reality of the situation. I like the players we have, I'm very proud of them. I believe they are capable of winning the title, the domestic cups and taking us at least into the EL group stage. Perhaps not all in the same season, but that must be the aim.

If we were an established EPL side with the money the top clubs down there enjoy, the bottom line is that the vast majority of our current players would be nowhere near the club. We'd be able to attract some of the best players in the world. Most famous footballers know how big we are, but they aren't interest in signing for us because we play in a poor league with a poor coefficient and they are able to earn ten times more money even playing for clubs of a lower stature who happen to be in the EPL - sides like Bournemouth and Burnley, for example.

Put us into the EPL and - provided we avoid relegation and are able to establish ourselves - we'd soon be competing with the vast majority of it's clubs for signing players. Man City are out on their own in that regard right now, but other than them we'd be up there.

Fulham would have pissed their way through that group.

The notion a team with Babel, Mitrovic, Sessengon, Schurrle, Serri wouldn't spank us is fucken daft but you bash on.
How many of fulhams stars actually gave a flying %^*& once they'd landed their 60k a week contracts? They were simply the qpr of last season.

How many of fulhams stars actually gave a flying %^*& once they'd landed their 60k a week contracts? They were simply the qpr of last season.

I agree with that to an extent aye validity in that point, but they are still playing football at another level to that which we were.

Our current squad would see us relegated.

Lets not kid ourselves on.

I do think we would be challenging for promotion in championship though

I will flip the question, how would the top 6 or so do in our league with the same financial backing we get up here ?

One more (rather depressing) thing I would add is this. At risk of making most of FF feel very old, if you take your average footballer in his mid-20s today, you're talking about someone who was born in the mid-1990s.

When he thinks of Rangers, he will have no memory of us winning 9IAR or competing in the CL when most EPL sides weren't. He won't know about when we knocked out Leeds Utd or when we nearly reached the CL final. He's probably too young to remember the sides we had under Advocaat.
He has lived his entire life in the era of Sky pumping billions into the EPL. He has experienced nothing except the financial clout of EPL sides over everyone else, not least Scottish teams.

He may realise that Rangers have a massive support, but if you don't have any emotional attachment to Rangers, this counts for little. All he cares about is money and playing for one of the big EPL sides.

When Souness was attracting English talent, the financial gulf between ourselves and the top English sides was much narrower than it is today. Even when we signed Paul Gascoigne - one of the most talented and most famous footballers of his generation - the man himself confessed, when we were approaching him, that he would "love to play for Glasgow Rangers". And he was being sincere. We signed him from Serie A. He could have instructed his agent to get him a move for more money in the English top flight. But he chose not to. He wanted to come to Scotland to play for Rangers. Such is the regard we were once held in.

But our membership of the Scottish league has been eroding our stature. We are not alone in this of course. The mob from across the city suffer from this too, as do other huge clubs trapped in leagues outside of Europe's big five. Sides like Ajax, PSV and Porto.

What do we do?

Voted Champions :D

However, back in reality LOL this current squad would be lucky to stay in the league at all. Definitely bottom half.

However, assuming a few years in the EPL, we’d definitely be top 6.

Current squad - 20th

3 years with the same funding as the rest of the premier league top 10... maybe.

Everton spent near £150 million last summer and they were miles off of the top 6. I think people forget how wealthy/massive the big six are in England.

Gradually building ourselves up through seasons worth of the money thrown about down south would see us as a top 6 side before long. And that’s not including the foreign investment we’d inevitably get through being a sleeping giant. Look at Leicester, they won the bastard thing and they don’t have half the fan base we do (pre title win).

We’d show the majority of that tourist dross what it means to be a real “big club”.

Leicester also have only half the fan base of the likes of Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle and a handful of other English clubs who can never seem to get their act together.

Being well run is probably more relevant than your fanbase down there.

We’d be an attractive target for overseas investment if we were to move down south but you’ve to be careful what comes with that.

I suggest yeez aw go play fifa 20 and find oot.

Me, I won't entertain with an answer.

Who’s got Fifa 20? Get me a shot of it! Lucky cunts it’s not out for like another month and a bit

Bottom six but stupid question really as we don't know what £50m strikers and £60m midfielders we'd be signing. :rolleyes:

Back