Where would we finish in the English Premiership

Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

• Champions :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Top 6

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • Top Mid table (12th-7th)

Votes: 165 21.1%
  • Lower mid table (13th-17th)

Votes: 362 46.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 167 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fulham would have pissed their way through that group.

The notion a team with Babel, Mitrovic, Sessengon, Schurrle, Serri wouldn't spank us is fucken daft but you bash on.

A team that just got beat by Barnsley. Aye right.

Current squad relegated, but as a club with EPL money we'd be challenging at the top...and the English know it

Got into a debate the other day on how we would do in the EPL. Sometimes hear the mhedia claiming the tims would be a top 6 club across there. Just a fun thread since I’m bored
But Realistically where would you expect us to finish?
Imo I’d imagine if we were dropped straight in now we’d have at least a relegation battle but after a few years of epl money we could be top 6

I’ve gone for relegated but agree with every word you say, definitely top 6 with the cash on offer, who wouldn’t want to play for Rangers in the EPL?

I would say around midtable we would take a few hammerings from the top sides but i think there would be plenty of fixtures where we could pick up wins/points. At home the place would be bouncing for every game the whole Scotland v England thing would come into it.

The Fulham stuff above someone is getting upset about is just weird, course we would give teams like that a game... fecking Fulham....haha.:))

We crushed Marseillie remember, ofcourse if we are being honest its pre season and they were not that interested but had we lost that by 3 or 4 people would be saying it proves how bad we are/scottish football is. I guess its all about opinions but feck sake Fulham.:))

Our current team would struggle, I reckon we would avoid relegation but not by much. However if we were in the EPL then we would have an extra £50 or £60 million to spend on players so it’s a hard one to call.

Us and them would finish mid-table/top 10. Sheep, spoon burners and hearts are around league 1 standard.

The rest of the spl are National League North/South standard.

That's the facts.

Europe vs. a domestic league season is completely different.

We struggled to compete domestically last season. The English Premiership is a lot tougher, more physical and demanding. We barely took points off Kilmarnock, Hibs and Aberdeen - we would struggle in the Premiership.

You think the likes of Jones, Stewart, Barisic, Halliday... would trouble the teams in England. I very much doubt it. Stewart couldn't get a look in at Birmingham and let's be honest, our left backs would struggle against the quality down there.

I'd say relegation dog fight. If we managed to stay up and see another season then we may be able to attract a better standard of player but the coming season would be another relegation fight.

Eventually we may be able to creep up the table?

We’d finish rock bottom.

It’s a pointless hypothetical though given financial circumstances would be very different if we were in that league.

How would Everton, Leicester etc do in the SPFL if you were to strip away all their EPL tv rights, sponsorships etc and suddenly force them to compete with us for £2m players? They’d be our level at best.

Current squad with no money/signings either now or in January ? we'd be relegated. With the cash they get and time to sign players etc the sky is the limit

With the current squad, lets be honest we’d be scrapping down the bottom.
With our fan base and EPL resources, mid table.
With our current squad we'd be scrapping down the bottom. With our fan base and epl resources challenging for the title soon enough.

We can compete with these teams in one off games but over the course of a season with our current squad we wouldn't stand a chance.

EPL teams are paying money we couldn't dream of and just on squad depth alone we wouldn't be able to compete. We would be relegated comfortably in that league.

Let's face it, with the current squad we'd probably finish bottom, but if we were in the EPL we'd have EPL money and then it could get intersting.

We still wouldn't be anywhere near to winning it though.

Our current budget is £25m, £30m? As we are now, we would undoubtably be relegated competing against teams with a minimum of four times that budget - and that's just the bottom 3 or 4. With the benefit of their tv money and ticket prices etc that's a whole different story.

So far 81% of bears think we would remain a Premier League club. 19% think we would get relegated. Think that's about right, it would take a few years of English tv money before we start competing at the very top/for trophies.

Low ish table as our team is now.
But in reality, if we had epl money, I honestly think given the size of the club we’d be pushing for title at times

If we say replaced Norwich today and had to go with the squad we have for the season, I’d take staying up.

Things would vastly improved once we started banking a few £100m cheques though

Once established - top 6.
Current team- Relegation or just above.

But its all if my auntie had balls etc because if Rangers were in the premiership we would be attracting a completely different standard of player to the club from the get go.

Current team: relegated or close to relegation.

Established EPL team with full EPL resources embedded and available: pushing for Europa League spots.

Got into a debate the other day on how we would do in the EPL. Sometimes hear the mhedia claiming the tims would be a top 6 club across there. Just a fun thread since I’m bored
But Realistically where would you expect us to finish?
Imo I’d imagine if we were dropped straight in now we’d have at least a relegation battle but after a few years of epl money we could be top 6
Given our fanbase and an equal share of the revenue the EPL clubs enjoy,I think we'd be challenging after a couple of years.

Current squad near the bottom but with EPL money, upscale in sponsorship, increase from revenue income in having to go to 70k Ibrox I’m sure we would be top three as traditional dictated. Top British clubs when I was wee was always thought of as Liverpool, Man Utd, Rangers Celtic and Arsenal.

Folks seem to forget how important Glasgow is as a city and the demand to be part of a Scottish team playing in EPL by Scottish based sponsors would be huge. There are reasons historically why we were the richest club in the country in terms of revenue but since a lot of folks seem to think football only started with the EPL they forget these things.

The demand for tickets would be huge and Ibrox (and as I’m lumping the Tim’s in Parkhead) would have to seriously increase capacity. Our demand for tickets would be Old Trafford sized demands again because of the historical nature of our support. We would become again one of the richest teams in that league because of crowd revenues

If we got Premier League money, then we would be a top half team easy. I know that’s not really the question but that really is the truth.

Might be able to avoid relegation with this team. However, like a newly promoted team, we'd make new signings.

The mhanks would be the same.

Who do we have at EPL level?

How good were Rangers when money from crazy sky deals didn't exist? We've been bawhairs away from numerous European success, our club would grow and Ibrox would be increased. I said Champions, the English wouldn't have us or Celtic in for this reason.

If we had over 100 million to spend on players as they have it would be a top 6 finish.

£100m SPL buys you the whole league twice over & a team that would beat most of the EPL, £100m EPL buys you 2-3 average players, not to mention everyone's wages would triple or quadruple so that's most of the money away already

No, a totally different team to the one they had last year...

No it wasn't. 3 of the back 4 that played against Newcastle on the last day of the season played on Saturday. Plus they had Cairney, McDonald and Mitrovic playing.

You have a strange understanding of totally different - they are a broadly similar team.

We beat Derby and despite drawing with Blackburn, were the better team. Fulham are not exactly much better and they would not have it easy against us.

Might be able to avoid relegation with this team. However, like a newly promoted team, we'd make new signings.

The mhanks would be the same.

Who do we have at EPL level?

Player wise?

Alfie, Tav, Shagger, Arfield, Goldson, Davis maybe Jack and Kamara

No it wasn't. 3 of the back 4 that played against Newcastle on the last day of the season played on Saturday. Plus they had Cairney, McDonald and Mitrovic playing.

You have a strange understanding of totally different - they are a broadly similar team.

We beat Derby and despite drawing with Blackburn, were the better team. Fulham are not exactly much better and they would not have it easy against us.

I don't really...

If you took Jack, Aribo, Tavernier, McGregor, Ojo and Arfield out of our team from Saturday and replaced with different, and less then players that would make our team not the same and different.

I don't really...

If you took Jack, Aribo, Tavernier, McGregor, Ojo and Arfield out of our team from Saturday and replaced with different, and less then players that would make our team not the same and different.

Go on then and enlighten us. Who were these 6 players you seem to think Fulham didn't have on Saturday that made them weaker from last year as they were replaced with lesser players?

Remember us playing in a midweek game last season the same night as Chelsea.
Our first 11 cost just over a £1m.
Chelsea first 11 was £354m.
Just cannot compete with that at this moment in time .
We are in a league that lets face it do not have any pulling power at all ,and will not have in the forseeable future.
We are miles behind but look no further than Ajax ,who have a brilliant recruiting system ,and in one off games will give the overinflated ,heirachy a run for their money.
The money revolving down South is obscene.
At this precise moment we would not be able to compete .

Go on then and enlighten us. Who were these 6 players you seem to think Fulham didn't have on Saturday that made them weaker from last year as they were replaced with lesser players?

Sessengon,
Serri
Anguissa
Babel
Rico

All of whom would walk into our team and the teams of Spurs, Galatasary, Vilareal - you would have thought someone would have told said teams they could have saved their time and money by shopping in the predominantly Scottish bosman and loan market.

I do find it slightly head wrecking some even question this, is what it is though I suppose...

Zero context question - where would we finish after 10 years of EFL/PL money is the more relevant.

Top 10 as a minimum given our fanbase.

Sessengon,
Serri
Anguissa
Babel
Rico

All of whom would walk into our team and the teams of Spurs, Galatasary, Vilareal - you would have thought someone would have told said teams they could have saved their time and money by shopping in the predominantly Scottish bosman and loan market.

I do find it slightly head wrecking some even question this, is what it is though I suppose...

I don't know why you're bringing in the market we buy players in. Of course we shop in Poundland compared to a team who were in the PL last year - that's not in doubt. It doesn't mean we can't compete with them on the field.

My original reason for quoting you was because you said their team of last year would hammer us. I don't think they would.

I don't know why you're bringing in the market we buy players in. Of course we shop in Poundland compared to a team who were in the PL last year - that's not in doubt. It doesn't mean we can't compete with them on the field.

My original reason for quoting you was because you said their team of last year would hammer us. I don't think they would.

I am referencing it as it shows the relevance in disparity of what we have at our disposal compared to that which even a team like Fulham had last year - thus a validation of the reason WHY I think they would give us a doing and you also did ask who had left and made them weaker, the players mentioned are the ones who answer that and where they have ended up shows the base of where their talent is at etc and so on, why they are weaker, why that team was better than ours.

They had players like Markovic and Schurrle on their books who would join us and instantly become one of our better players.

They have players departing them to known sides across Europe, they had a squad last year that would pish its way to the SPL and most likely would IMO give us a bit of a doing in terms of what we have NOW, or last season v what they had when they were relegated - there is no shame etc in saying that, it is what it is.

Back