Where would we finish in the English Premiership

Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

• Champions :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Top 6

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • Top Mid table (12th-7th)

Votes: 165 21.1%
  • Lower mid table (13th-17th)

Votes: 362 46.3%
  • Relegated

Votes: 167 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Relegation zone prob even bottom, the financial gap is absolutely huge. On the flip side if we were in Championship I think we could finish top four.

Difficult to say longterm. The present squad as everyone has acknowledged would be relegation candidates.
Given the finances of the Championship and getting a foothold in the Premiership we could be a match for anyone and.what new backers could we attract.
We are bigger than Everton who are established but teams like Villa and Newcastle struggle
Eventually, with careful stewardship, I believe we'd become a top 8 side with a chance of winning the title and champions league football on a regular basis

Well put it this way, a lot of folk on here claiming we’d be relegated hands down, think if we drew wolves in the Europa league, I certainly don’t think they’d Spank us, I think Itd be close over the 2 legs and that’s a team that finished 7th in the EPL

Last, comfortably.

Anyone thinking top 6 or dare I say first, is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

Villa have just been promoted and spend £150 mil,

I reckon we'd struggle to take 10 points all season.

A lot of staunch voting going on there. We'd be 20th by quite a distance. Parachute payment and we'd be back up though, then things would be different.

Well put it this way, a lot of folk on here claiming we’d be relegated hands down, think if we drew wolves in the Europa league, I certainly don’t think they’d Spank us, I think Itd be close over the 2 legs and that’s a team that finished 7th in the EPL

Oh if an EPL season lasted two legs then of course we could fancy ourselves.

Got into a debate the other day on how we would do in the EPL. Sometimes hear the mhedia claiming the tims would be a top 6 club across there. Just a fun thread since I’m bored
But Realistically where would you expect us to finish?
Imo I’d imagine if we were dropped straight in now we’d have at least a relegation battle but after a few years of epl money we could be top 6

Neither the Tims nor US would ever be 'dropped' into the EPL so your assertion of a relegation battle would be correct.

Without decent funding, from whatever source, it would take a long time to get there dependent upon where we were ever able to access the EFL.

95% it ain't ever going to happen - more likely in the event of major changes to European Football !

With today's squad and wage bill, we would be above the relegation zone but not bothering the top 10.

Sensible recruitment with EPL money would see us improve our position year on year. I don't see us breaking the top 4 though. We'd end up plateauing like an Everton type team - consistently finishing between 5th and 10th, maybe with the odd cup win.

Relegation with current squad.
Long term its difficult to say, it would depend on so many things.
How much would the board spend? How good would our recruitment be? How many big stars would live in the Glasgow area?
Massive clubs like, Newcastle, Everton, Villa are a million miles away from challenging and yet a much smaller club like Leicester can win it.
Far too many unknown factors to predict

Exactly if we draw Wolves it would probably be a 50/50 tie id guess the bookies will say its a tough one to call chances are its going to be 2 tight games. They wont be scared or worried but neither will we.

I think its daft to underestimate the excitement that playing these sort of games would bring the support would lift the team and the players will be fired up. We also wouldnt have to deal with dishonest refs which happens quite often in our own league vital decisions at crucial times in the game would start going our way, not just against us.

Suppose a league campaign is a little different but if anyone is worried about drawing Wolves they should be totally ignored.

We wouldn't have the same squad at all in the EPL and we would just survive based on size, increased budget.

If we were offered a "parachute" payment after being dropped in (remember sponsorship etc. would go through the roof) then we could easily finish mid-table.

If we were put into the championship then after a few seasons and gaining promotion I could see us thriving and qualifying for Europe.

In the long term I don't see winning it as impossible. I would expect our support to at least double.

Back