Who do you think the were the subs Beale was critical off after the game

Devil's advocate but he's been injured for 2/3 months.

So if we're going by the Morelos law, he'll be granted leeway for the next 6 months to get up to speed.
The Morelos law only applies to Morelos. Clue is is in the title you’ve given it. Colak will be gone in the summer - He’s clearly not Beale’s cup of tea and his CV shows he’s partial to a move, so if the boot fits.

Lowry should be getting subbed on ahead of Wright, I know they traditionally play in slightly different positions but Lowry could adapt to the position and actually offer something when Wright offers nothing.
Wright came on to offer pace which we’d lost when Sakala was taken off.

That was a stabilising decision by MB but like in the OF shortly afterwards we concede . Not sure that the Ross County goal was associated to that change mind you .

Fortunately we then had time to focus on getting a winner while in OF that was not on offer .
The goal we lost to the scum wasn’t associated with the change either.

Wright once again picks ball up deep in their half and instead of keeping ball strikes a feeble attempt straight into keepers hands fae about 30 yards.

Many times does this boy do this when trying to protect a lead.
We’re usually complaining that we don’t shoot often enough.
Tell me this, did he have another option?
Remember the criticism he got at the semi final when trying to keep possession late on.
I know they’re a wee bit different but this lad seems to need a knock out to get a draw.
Even his excellent assist in the semi final was caveated by some by referring to him losing the ball in the last minute.

The Morelos law only applies to Morelos. Clue is is in the title you’ve given it. Colak will be gone in the summer - He’s clearly not Beale’s cup of tea and his CV shows he’s partial to a move, so if the boot fits.

He can go and play for another team and qualify them for the CL then, eh?

I wouldn't be so quick to rush him out the door. He's not fit.

Who are his mates?
He wasn’t exactly a nine out of ten under Gio.
Did his mates return last week?

Aribo and Bassey. Kamara wanted a move last summer and didn't get it.

For me first lundstrum for Tillman, yes it worked but at the time made no sense, defensive player for an attacking player.

They he takes an attacking player off to put a defensive on.

I’m not going to lie wasn’t a big fan of bringing Beale in but how wrong was I ?

Since he’s came in I’d say we have only turned up once for full performance (hearts away) but I have that feeling again like 55 that no matter what we will get a result.

We would be absolutely stupid not to give Morelos a new contract never mind Kent.

We would have dropped numerous points the last month or two if gio was in charge.
Shouldn’t post with a bevy

I think a lot of this is also down to sports science. They'll be analysing and determining who needs minimum minutes to keep ticking over and what's the most someone can get without increasing their risk of injury.

I agree, at times you can see it ruins our momentum. But I there's method behind it.
Of course there is.

Beale isn’t making impulsive or arbitrary decisions with his subs; thought and intent obviously goes into each and every one.

Sometimes they won’t come off. That’s just how it tends to be in football.

Lowry should be getting subbed on ahead of Wright, I know they traditionally play in slightly different positions but Lowry could adapt to the position and actually offer something when Wright offers nothing.
They aren't even remotely the same player though so this makes no sense. If Wright is coming on its becuase MB wants to add pace, energy, pressing and harrying to the team. Lowry offers none of that.

Kamara unfortunately imo doesn’t want to be here. Aribo and bassey left and he wants to folliw suit
Do we get this nonsense every time he has a poor game, then revert back to how good it is to see Beale get the best out of him when he has a stormer like Wednesday.
He’s not shagging Aribo and Bassey so I doubt he’s missing them that much

Last edited:
Morelos has not been "afforded" any time to put in acceptable performances, He has been slaughtered week in and week out (and rightly so) for poor performances. Barely a day passes without a 'should Alfie go' thread being started. Even with his recent improvement in form he has still been slaughtered on here. Do not make stuff up. Alfie has not been afforded time.

Sorry Alfie

I’m sure Morelos is more interested in the manager than what’s been posted on FF, and he’s started him nearly every game, so he’s been afforded plenty.

Scott Wright was as ineffective as usual, I just don't see him having a future with us at all if I'm honest.

Colak was also poor, he has very little speed and really hasn't kicked on since his purple patch at the start of the season.

He's been injured and is nowhere near full match fitness, at the moment tbf.

Kamara is an incredible player on his day. His day isn’t every day though, that’s why he’s playing in Scotland. He can have runs of great form, he can have runs of really poor form. He is inconsistent. That’s it. It’s why you need a squad. The same happens with Morelos, Lundstram, Jack, Borna etc. There doesn’t have to be some dramatic ulterior motive every time.

Colak and Wright came on in 83 minutes, Ross County made a sub at the same time which was then 84 minutes.

Substitutions that late in a game are a complete waste of time.

Exactly what was it folk were expecting to see in that time. Turn a turgid sore on the eyes performance into a classic in 5 minutes.

Folk need to look at the bigger picture, don’t change what’s not broken.

Tillman and Kamara were excellent midweek they should have started yesterday.

Colak and Wright came on in 83 minutes, Ross County made a sub at the same time which was then 84 minutes.

Exactly what was it folk were expecting to see in that time. Turn a turgid sore on the eyes performance into a classic in 5 minutes.

Absolutely spot on

Colak looked slow and way off it. Some of his passing was terrible. I'd start him v Thistle and get some minutes and hopefully goals into him.
He looked like he'd just landed from Mars and someone threw a football at him for the 1st time. He didn't know know what to do with it.

Maybe he is listening to the sports science experts and trying to prevent injuries if players are fatigued?

You know like Gio didn’t do and ended up burning players out.

2 things I genuinely don’t get with our fans and Kamara. This idea that he is mates with MB is a myth, if that were true, MB isn’t really cut out for management Is he.
He got a boost when MB came in as he clearly knows how to manage him, he was outstanding on Wednesday.

Also, ‘his 2 mates have left’ Football players move every few years, this is not school fitba, is he just going to be shite forever now as I’m pretty sure he won’t ever play in the same team as either again!

When he’s confident, playing in the right position and playing naturally, he’s classy. When he starts to 2nd guess things, his confidence goes and he struggles. He’s a bit fragile our Glenn.

Picked up a bit of the post-match presser and Beale says he has to maybe look at himself for making changes in 2nd half to keep players sattisfied (or a word to that effect), then went onto say some of the subs that came on played for themselves and not for the team. Who do you think he was getting at?
If he's making changes to keep people satisfied, that's a concern.

2 things I genuinely don’t get with our fans and Kamara. This idea that he is mates with MB is a myth, if that were true, MB isn’t really cut out for management Is he.
He got a boost when MB came in as he clearly knows how to manage him, he was outstanding on Wednesday.

Also, ‘his 2 mates have left’ Football players move every few years, this is not school fitba, is he just going to be shite forever now as I’m pretty sure he won’t ever play in the same team as either again!

When he’s confident, playing in the right position and playing naturally, he’s classy. When he starts to 2nd guess things, his confidence goes and he struggles. He’s a bit fragile our Glenn.
His mates are Aribo & Bassey not the manager.

His mates are Aribo & Bassey not the manager.
yeah, Im referring to those 2 players in my second point. Who knows, maybe players are badly affected when mates leave a team, I would have thought the qualities that got them to elite levels would make that unlikely though.

I may have picked it up wrong, I thought a few were suggesting he’s MB’s favorite and gets treated differently, every chance I’m talking pish on that one, sorry, take it back if I’ve misunderstood, wouldn’t be the first time :eek:

Whatever the case, if we could get the levels we seen on Wednesday from him every game, he would be one of the first players on my team sheet. He’s such a good player when he’s on it. Personally I think it’s a mentality thing, low confidence and not a deliberate can’t be arsed with this type response.

Maybe he is listening to the sports science experts and trying to prevent injuries if players are fatigued?

You know like Gio didn’t do and ended up burning players out.
Do the sports science experts say that if you play goalkeeper, midfield or right wing you can and should be rotated but if you play right back, right centre back or left wing then fatigue is never a concern?

I'm not criticizing the 3 players here but it's pretty amazing just how often the same positions are tweaked due to 'sports science ' and fatigue and how some positions are safe no matter what.

Did GvB shag your husband, you certainly have it in for him, let it go he is gone.
You have criticised Beale after every single game yet jumped on anyone who dared to criticise Gio when he was failing.

I’m merely pointing out that we now have a manager who clearly understands how to manage a squad of players. I bet next season after a proper pre season that we don’t have half the amount of injuries we have this season.

Do the sports science experts say that if you play goalkeeper, midfield or right wing you can and should be rotated but if you play right back, right centre back or left wing then fatigue is never a concern?

I'm not criticizing the 3 players here but it's pretty amazing just how often the same positions are tweaked due to 'sports science ' and fatigue and how some positions are safe no matter what.
Who does he rotate Goldson with? Does he need rotated? Does Kent?

Tav I agree with, however he is club captain, it may be more beneficial to the team/manager to have on the park.

Kamara was dreadful instantly but he should never have came on for sakala in the first place, another poor sub when we are winning, Beale needs to wise up and go for these teams when we are winning not get passive

You have criticised Beale after every single game yet jumped on anyone who dared to criticise Gio when he was failing.

I’m merely pointing out that we now have a manager who clearly understands how to manage a squad of players. I bet next season after a proper pre season that we don’t have half the amount of injuries we have this season.

Going by your logic Beale has all but ended Davis’s career, no ?

Beale seems to make subs to grind results but at that score it's baffling same as bring wright on all the time

For all sakalas faults he's 10x the player of scott wright

1 injury is normal. Half a squad is neglect

“We compete in all the competitions and it is so important to have fit, healthy players but it is so impossible when they play every three days for 11 months.

“There are injuries at all clubs and we know it. We try to avoid it, we have more medical advice than ever, more nutritional advice, we try to take care of the players but they are human beings and at some point the bodies say it is enough.

“With the amount of games and previous competitions in the last five seasons, the players don’t want to get injured but there are injuries.”

Klopp's frustration with Liverpool's fixture schedule stems from the belief that they are playing too many games in quick succession.

The former Borussia Dortmund boss feels it is endangering the health of his players and leading to injuries, which in turn affects the on-field fortunes of his team.

I could go on all night digging out quotes from top managers all saying the same thing, too many games = injuries.

When was the last time we played a 65 game season ?

When was the last time all Champions League group stage games were played by the 1 November ?

When was the last time a World Cup was played in Winter in the middle of a season.

“We compete in all the competitions and it is so important to have fit, healthy players but it is so impossible when they play every three days for 11 months.

“There are injuries at all clubs and we know it. We try to avoid it, we have more medical advice than ever, more nutritional advice, we try to take care of the players but they are human beings and at some point the bodies say it is enough.

“With the amount of games and previous competitions in the last five seasons, the players don’t want to get injured but there are injuries.”

Klopp's frustration with Liverpool's fixture schedule stems from the belief that they are playing too many games in quick succession.

The former Borussia Dortmund boss feels it is endangering the health of his players and leading to injuries, which in turn affects the on-field fortunes of his team.

I could go on all night digging out quotes from top managers all saying the same thing, too many games = injuries.

When was the last time we played a 65 game season ?

When was the last time all Champions League group stage games were played by the 1 November ?

When was the last time a World Cup was played in Winter in the middle of a season.
I must have missed all these top teams having half a squad out injured.

I must have missed all these top teams having half a squad out injured.

Maybe you don’t know as much as you think you do then.

i’d go as far as to say you must be of limited intellegence

Every effort should be made to sell Kamara in the summer and the money brought in should go towards securing Malik

Kamara is a fraud

Back