Who is last Rangers striker thats better than Morelos?

Morelos has qualities that other strikers didn't have.
He is a one man demolition squad.
That said, McCoist and Jelavic werte both better finishers, but Alfie has time on his side to develop into a much better finisher.
When he does that, he will more or less have it all.

Would I pick a peak Ally McCoist and Michael Mols ahead of Morelos?

Aye. McCoist won back to back European Golden Boots, one year scoring 49 goals in 52 games.

Mols before his injury took the piss out of Lillian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro and had scored 9 goals in 9 league games.

Morelos is a very, very good player but reign it in.

I’d have peak Hateley above even Super! When Ally was injured, the big man carried the whole club on his back and yet he got stronger, faster and more ruthless than he ever was before.
Mark Hateley was an absolute beast for about a season and a half. He frightened everyone in Scottish football.

I’d have peak Hateley above even Super! When Ally was injured, the big man carried the whole club on his back and yet he got stronger, faster and more ruthless than he ever was before.
Mark Hateley was an absolute beast for about a season and a half. He frightened everyone in Scottish football.

He was!

You could tell when he used to play celtic they were absolutely terrified of him

For me, until there's silverware on the table, Morelos can't go down as a fantastic striker. That may be harsh on him individually, but no man is bigger than the team etc. Jelavic scored all sorts of goals, and won leagues and cups. Kenny Miller ran himself into the ground, scored Cup winning goals and won leagues. Prso was as much a handful as Morelos for the opposition, scored big goals, and won trophies. Hopefully Morelos goes on to do the same in a Rangers shirt and then it's a really interesting conversation.

It’s weird how people put Morelos down. He’s an exceptional talent who will go on to achieve much more than almost any striker we have ever had.

As others have said, Jelavic was technically better but I'd have Morelos in my team before him.

Morelos basically has the strength of Cousin with the goalscoring prowess of Boyd.

For me, until there's silverware on the table, Morelos can't go down as a fantastic striker. That may be harsh on him individually, but no man is bigger than the team etc. Jelavic scored all sorts of goals, and won leagues and cups. Kenny Miller ran himself into the ground, scored Cup winning goals and won leagues. Prso was as much a handful as Morelos for the opposition, scored big goals, and won trophies. Hopefully Morelos goes on to do the same in a Rangers shirt and then it's a really interesting conversation.

Harsh criteria...worth remembering that Miller & Jelavic played in much better teams than Morelos. Also, a lot of players go through their entire careers without silverware but they're still top players. Defoe being a prime example.

People saying Jelavic may be forgetting he went through a whole host of games playing under par. But he was a big game player

Jelavic was brilliant. I'd say he was a better finisher than Morelos but for me Morelos' all round game would have me play him ahead of Jelavic. He's a pain in the arse for defenders to deal with and he will get plenty goals.

To answer the question I'd have to say Mols pre-injury but they are totally different types of player so hard to compare.

McCoist was better. Pre injury Mols was better as was pre injury Negri. All of whom were much older at the peak. Morelos is on par with Arveladze and Prso in my opinion but with the potential to be better and more valuable. He is potentially better than Jelavic and a better return than Jelavic.

I have no issue with people opting for Jelavic, but this is the worst justification I’ve seen for it. Championships and trophies are won by the team not the individual.

I have no issue with people opting for Jelavic, but this is the worst justification I’ve seen for it. Championships and trophies are won by the team not the individual.

Individuals make up the team though. Jelavic wasn't playing in a vintage Rangers team, but got the goals in big games to get us trophies. Until Morelos does that I just can't see what he currently gives us that Jelavic didn't, and more.

Jelavic was a fine player but Morelos is far better suited to modern football. They would have been some partnership!

Morelos doesn't top peak Mols but there is time yet.

Tin hat on.

Is Alfie better than big Cousin when Daniel had his game head on?

Infinitely more consistent and better goals record which means Alfie would get picked. But if both at their best, I'm not sure who was better.

jelavic and Dado were brilliant for us but I can now say Morelos in the same breath as them.Wee man is simply outstanding at the moment.

It’s weird how people put Morelos down. He’s an exceptional talent who will go on to achieve much more than almost any striker we have ever had.
I dont think anyone is putting him down. Its probably the reverse, people on here get obsessed with players and managers and if anyone dares have a different opinion its seen as an attack.

Jelavic and Prso were both better.

And Mols pre injury was superior to them all.
I’m a huge Alf fan but I’d just about agree with this, however they had age and wisdom when they played here.
I think if Alf continues to develop he will be on another level.

Back