Who is last Rangers striker thats better than Morelos?

Tin hat on.

Is Alfie better than big Cousin when Daniel had his game head on?

Infinitely more consistent and better goals record which means Alfie would get picked. But if both at their best, I'm not sure who was better.
Yes he is better in every department :)

Jelavic was better. Mols was miles better. Negri too. Duncan Ferguson. McCoist and Hately. My time is the last 25- 30 years and I'd say they were all better. To be fair most of them were the finished article when playing for us and Morelos isnt yet.
Duncan Ferguson was a dud at Ibrox.he was’t even as good as Sandy Clark never mind alfie in his time at Ibrox

Mols pre injury was the best we've seen in half a century.

DJ, Ally and Hateley are next in no particular order.

Alfie gives the rest a run for their money but he needs silverware and OF goals to have a real shout.

In my lifetime mccoist, prso and mols were great, but (hypothetically)would you pick them ahead of Morelos?
Think Gerrard's influence is rubbing off and Alfredo respects Gerrard for what he is.
Love the way Alfredo runs at defenses and drags them out of position. Must be so hard to play against.

I said about 10 matches after we signed him he was the best we’d had since Jelavic, and maybe even better than him (yes I DID tell you so!).
Now I’d say he’s the best we’ve had since Hateley.

In my lifetime mccoist, prso and mols were great, but (hypothetically)would you pick them ahead of Morelos?
Think Gerrard's influence is rubbing off and Alfredo respects Gerrard for what he is.
Love the way Alfredo runs at defenses and drags them out of position. Must be so hard to play against.
McCoist and Mols were better than Alfie.

We’ve not had one quite like him that I can recall. And we have him at this point of his career not at the end.

I said about 10 matches after we signed him he was the best we’d had since Jelavic, and maybe even better than him (yes I DID tell you so!).

Hateley is probably the last striker we’ve had that has the complete all round game like Morelos. We’ve have had great goalscorers, great technical strikers and great physical strikers. Morelos has all those things and his goals to games stats are a match for anyone

What he needs to do now is win trophies and goals against that lot then he really will be up there with the names mentioned

What I would say is I don’t remember us ever having a 22 year old striker with so much ability and potential

He's a cracker,but better than a pre injury Mols or McCoist? Not for me.
He needs to find a little composure when in possession. He needs to lift his head at times. There were a couple of instances today where he should've slipped Ojo in but just didn't see the pass. I'm not sure you can teach composure, you either have it or you don't.

Hateley is probably the last striker we’ve had that has the complete all round game like Morelos. We’ve have had great goalscorers, great technical strikers and great physical strikers. Morelos has all those things and his goals to games stats are a match for anyone

What he needs to do now is win trophies and goals against that lot then he really will be up there with the names mentioned

What I would say is I don’t remember us ever having a 22 year old striker with so much ability and potential
Derek Johnstone.

Tin hat on.

Infinitely more consistent and better goals record which means Alfie would get picked. But if both at their best, I'm not sure who was better.
Cousin played about 4 good games for us.
All in all he was poor for Rangers despite having everything in his locker.

I dont think anyone is putting him down. Its probably the reverse, people on here get obsessed with players and managers and if anyone dares have a different opinion its seen as an attack.

Usually agree with that, but I don’t think the reality to FF ratio is quite as extreme with Morelos.

Tin hat on.

I’d take Alfie every day of the week over Cousin. Jelavic is a different matter.

He couldn’t rag doll defences the way Morelos does, but boy could he finish.

I don't think I've seen a striker as good as Mols was, I've no doubt we would have won that tie against Bayern had he not suffered the injury. Love Alfie but he has a wee bit to go yet, load of people saying Jelavic was better but we have to remember his age. He has the potential to be one of, if not the best Gers striker ever.

Duncan Ferguson was a dud at Ibrox.he was’t even as good as Sandy Clark never mind alfie in his time at Ibrox

It didnt work out for him but he was a good player regardless. Daft young boy at the time, couldnt stay out of trouble. If Morelos was competing with McCoist and Hately in their phone he wouldn't have played much over the last two yesr either.

He's a cracker,but better than a pre injury Mols or McCoist? Not for me.
He needs to find a little composure when in possession. He needs to lift his head at times. There were a couple of instances today where he should've slipped Ojo in but just didn't see the pass. I'm not sure you can teach composure, you either have it or you don't.
He’s deffo not better than McCoist.
Mols could have been superior, but I don’t think we saw enough of him for long enough.

It’s weird how people put Morelos down. He’s an exceptional talent who will go on to achieve much more than almost any striker we have ever had.
Dont think folk are putting him down just comparing him with previous strikers of whom i snot yet their equal. All those mentioned while winning trophies also put Celtic to the sword regularly - something else for alfie to aim at .

In my lifetime Ally Mc Coist ,the calibre of of service outwith his own development was sometimes amiss in Europe post 1994 by the time the Juves & Ajax teams came around that they were significantly better players our team were coming up against.

He was the best Scots striker I've watched Big DJ would also be a contender the latter Euro type players who graced the side enhanced the team but depth of the pool of players was such that Italy ,Spain,Holland & Germany had produced or bought up the best for their assault on The Champions League.

Jelavic a better finisher.

But if Morelos scores about 40 this season and we win the league I reckon he will go down as a greater Rangers striker. Just my opinion.
Two big if's in there.

And in an instant you've dismissed every other great centre forwards to play for our club.

Six months ago I’d have had Cousin ahead of him but not anymore.

Jelavic still edges it though Alfie has potential to be better

McCoist, Hateley and Mols are on a different level to Morelos or any of the others.

Prso, Jelavic, Boyd and Miller all have different reasons why they probably shade it over Morelos right now, but he has the potential to move beyond them.

(By the way I have never seen a harder player to play against than Dado Prso, he literally never stopped moving for the whole game).

I think that to get to the level his potential demonstrates, he needs Old Firm goals, Cup Final goals and more Europa League stage goals. That is the arena that you prove yourself as a Rangers great. (And is why Boyd is lucky to be on my list, but he did score a hell of a lot of goals)

We've not had a striker that was this much of a handful since Prso and I've never seen a player roll a defender like he does.

...but I wouldn't have him in front of Jelevic, Prso, Mols or Ally. I don't even think it's close, either. It's close with Miller, who missed a lot if sitters, but I'd have him in front of Boyd.

He needs to play others in instead of shooting from daft angles or simply giving someone with a better opportunity a tap in. He's proven he's got it in his game, in fact there was a left to right switch he made today in the middle of the park that was sublime and harder than any lay off he'd ever have to do in and around the box. If he improves that, which he has plenty of time to do, much like the discipline that took him a long time to get a hold of - he could become something very special.

Peak Kenny Miller. The amount of important goals he scored against all level of competition was brilliant.

In a stronger league winning side under a vastly more experienced title winning manager. Respect your opinion, but those influences are what makes this question near impossible to answer.

Back