Who replaces Ryan Jack?

Sterling, Raskin, Rice, McKinnon are all here already and should be given a chance at the role.

Watson, Barron and Miller are the three from Scotland however Barron is meant to be away to England, I can’t see us having the money for Miller as we’ve got to pay for Diomande, Watson looks like he could be the most realistic.

Out width of Scotland there is tons of options, depends on money and imagination of Koppen.

Sterling, Raskin, Rice, McKinnon are all here already and should be given a chance at the role.

Watson, Barron and Miller are the three from Scotland however Barron is meant to be away to England, I can’t see us having the money for Miller as we’ve got to pay for Diomande, Watson looks like he could be the most realistic.

Out width of Scotland there is tons of options, depends on money and imagination of Koppen.
No one he's not been fit for the best part of 18 months apart from his goal against the hearts he's not done anything else

Seen a few mentions that Leon King is seen as a CDM rather than a CB.
Yet to see it myself, but may not need investment

Jack has already been replaced in the squad. The issue within our squad currently is we need another starter to come into midfield, especially if Lundstram doesn't sign an extension.

Seen a few mentions that Leon King is seen as a CDM rather than a CB.
Yet to see it myself, but may not need investment

Been playing CM most of this season, including for the Scotland U-21s last week.

Seems to be doing ok, but likely a fair bit off the peak Ryan Jack who was dominating top European midfields.

Pretty sure Clement will want Jack replaced with real quality, similar to Diomande's level.

Some incredibly ignorant comments, from people who don't appreciate what Jack adds to us.

He's had his injury problems but when he plays for us it's quite obvious how much he adds to our team and we have missed his steadyness and intelligence in the middle of the park.

I think Lawrence and possibly Diomande will grow into that role. Raskin was supposed to be that player but it hasn't worked out.

That is one serious downgrade on a fit Ryan Jack though.

Hopefully Clement replaces Jack with someone of a far higher quality than Barron.

I'm sure he will.
Can’t really downgrade on a guy who doesn’t play

Barron has bags of potential, nothing to lose on a free. At very worst he warms the bench and takes up a European spot for 18months

Doesn’t work out he leaves

But imo it would be decent business and could see him kicking on and contributing here

Genuinely any CM that's fit ?

A player is only worth anything to a club if he's contributing on the park or has resale value, Jack doesn't do either for Rangers currently and hasn't done for well over a year, almost 2.
Can’t really downgrade on a guy who doesn’t play

Barron has bags of potential, nothing to lose on a free. At very worst he warms the bench and takes up a European spot for 18months

Doesn’t work out he leaves

But imo it would be decent business and could see him kicking on and contributing here

I'm not disputing Jack's injuries or the fact that he shouldn't get a new contract.

However, the fact of the matter is that when he was fit, Clement preferred Jack over Sterling, Raskin and every other central midfielder, apart from Lundstram and Diomande.

He will be wanting to replace the quality a fit Ryan Jack gives you, with someone of similar or hopefully superior ability.

Sterling, Raskin and certainly Barron, don't fit that bill.

Some incredibly ignorant comments, from people who don't appreciate what Jack adds to us.

He's had his injury problems but when he plays for us it's quite obvious how much he adds to our team and we have missed his steadyness and intelligence in the middle of the park.

I think Lawrence and possibly Diomande will grow into that role. Raskin was supposed to be that player but it hasn't worked out.

In 2021 maybe.

Ryan Jack hasn't contributed anything of note for a long time. Same as Roofe.

Ryan Jack was last useful so long ago that Rangers won't be thinking about replacing him. More being released from the obligation of paying him for little in return.

Shame how it ended because he was a good player for us but it ended some time ago now.

Sterling seems like a ready made replacement.
Agreed. But I think it's 50/50 Lundstram stays at best so another CM with dig would help.

I appreciate he likely reduced his wages, but the decision to extend Jack's deal,.both at the time & in hindsight was a poor one.

Someone who isn't made of glass, it's available and can play a few games a month.
That would be a start.

I think Raskin will replace Jack

Yet to see Raskin hit anywhere near the levels Jack has in the past and I'm not sure he's got that ability in his locker. He's not got an outstanding quality.

I just hope this is us finally moving on from injury prone players; Jack, Roofe, Helander (I know he's gone), Dowell etc. We've seen too many over the last number of seasons/years.

In 2021 maybe.

Ryan Jack hasn't contributed anything of note for a long time. Same as Roofe.

He played 36 games last season and was present up until his last injury with 21 appearances so far this season.

Was a key player in our run to Seville.

Roofe got us to the last 16 in Europe this season. Was superb against Braga in a crucial game in 2022.

Both have had major injury problems that are being managed, but they have both contributed positively for the club despite that.

They'll likely be moved on in the summer, with best wishes, really no need to dismiss what they've done for the club just because they've had injury problems.

Read some of the Facts re RJ he has cost us Mega both in money, and games where he was desperately required, but was injured. As for your second sentence, that’s like a car that runs well, yet breaks down to frequently what use is that?

Back