Who replaces Ryan Jack?

Read some of the Facts re RJ he has cost us Mega both in money, and games where he was desperately required, but was injured. As for your second sentence, that’s like a car that runs well, yet breaks down to frequently what use is that?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you aren't half talking shite here.

I'm not disputing Jack's injuries or the fact that he shouldn't get a new contract.

However, the fact of the matter is that when he was fit, Clement preferred Jack over Sterling, Raskin and every other central midfielder, apart from Lundstram and Diomande.

He will be wanting to replace the quality a fit Ryan Jack gives you, with someone of similar or hopefully superior ability.

Sterling, Raskin and certainly Barron, don't fit that bill.
The fact of the matter has been for many many months, Jack hasn't been available. Even back when he did play the odd game, Sterling hadn't played that many at CM and let's be honest; a natural CM starting ahead of a natural RB isn't really anything to gloat about is it ?

Jack's been replaced in the squad, he was on the bench before his recent injury and didn't get on at all, so what does that say about Clements trust in him ?

The main issue is we need a starting CM, not a replacement for Jack.

Someone who doesn’t put Scotland first and come back injured again, and again!
So presumably someone not really good enough for higher level international football so he doesn't play internationally then or just Scotland?

Sterling looks the ready made replacement for me. Lennon Miller possibly too.

The fact of the matter has been for many many months, Jack hasn't been available. Even back when he did play the odd game, Sterling hadn't played that many at CM and let's be honest; a natural CM starting ahead of a natural RB isn't really anything to gloat about is it ?

Jack's been replaced in the squad, he was on the bench before his recent injury and didn't get on at all, so what does that say about Clements trust in him ?

The main issue is we need a starting CM, not a replacement for Jack.

As I said, he's behind Lundstram and Diomande in the pecking order, but Clement has preferred him to Raskin, Sterling and anyone else we have.

He was going to start at Easter Rd, had he been fit.
However, his injuries mean he's run his course with us, but will need replaced with better than anyone we have, aside from Lundstram and Diomande.

With the number of games we play, we need at least 3 top drawer central midfielders and probably 4.

So presumably someone not really good enough for higher level international football so he doesn't play internationally then or just Scotland?

Sterling looks the ready made replacement for me. Lennon Miller possibly too.
Are you for real, higher level international football, are you talking about Scotland! you must be joking. I have seen Scotland Teams from the fifties and they would wipe the floor of this current team.

Midfield options in the 6/8:
Lundstram
Raskin
Diomande
Lawrence

We’re hardly blessed with strength in depth there? The argument we don’t need to replace Jack is nonsense as he’s a high earner taking up a place in the squad without contributing. Bringing in Bailey Rice or Leon King may give us numbers, but it doesn’t increase the quality of starters.

Are you for real, higher level international football, are you talking about Scotland! you must be joking. I have seen Scotland Teams from the fifties and they would wipe the floor of this current team.
No I am not talking about Scotland. I am talking about players from much better nations than Scotland that won't be good enough so they won't get injured on international duty.

As I said, he's behind Lundstram and Diomande in the pecking order, but Clement has preferred him to Raskin, Sterling and anyone else we have.

He was going to start at Easter Rd, had he been fit.
However, his injuries mean he's run his course with us, but will need replaced with better than anyone we have, aside from Lundstram and Diomande.

With the number of games we play, we need at least 3 top drawer central midfielders and probably 4.
You're saying he's preffered Jack over these players however he's also left him on the bench and played all those players that you've mentioned before him. It works both ways.

The fact of the matter is, Jack isn't reliable in any sense and will thankfully be leaving the club in the summer. A fit Jack walks into the team, much the same as Roofe, problem is they are never fit and cannot be relied upon.

We probably need 2 CM starters in the summer although I wouldn't be adverse to Sterling being a starter next season. However, I still stand by that Jack has already been replaced in the squad as it stands.

I'd say Diomande replaced Cifuentes, when it was clear he wasn't of the standard required.

Diomande made it 5 defensive midfielders. Him and Lundstram are first choice for the role then there's Raskin, Sterling and Jack. So his arrival already pushed Jack down the pecking order and put him one foot out the door.
Nobody really replaced Cifuentes as he was never good enough in the first place! But he was more for the number 10 position that Lawrence returned to once fit, allowing him to be punted.

Diomande made it 5 defensive midfielders. Him and Lundstram are first choice for the role then there's Raskin, Sterling and Jack. So his arrival already pushed Jack down the pecking order and put him one foot out the door.
Nobody really replaced Cifuentes as he was never good enough in the first place! But he was more for the number 10 position that Lawrence returned to once fit, allowing him to be punted.

Cifuentes played in central midfield more than he did as a 10.

I still think we'll sign another central midfielder when Jack leaves, as neither Raskin or Sterling, (who isn't a DM tbf) are good enough against top level midfields.

We absolutely should be looking at Connor Barron on a free transfer. Hopefully the deal is already done.

As a player Jack is great when he's fit which is so little it's not worth him being on the payroll. We're not really replacing the player as much as we are just getting some worth out of our money by getting someone else in.

Like the idea of Barron coming in. Even better if we take him off of Aberdeen.

Correct me if I’m wrong here but, Rangers won’t need to move on Ryan Jack - he’s out of contract in the summer, ergo we just don’t offer him a new deal.

At this point literally any squad player that makes himself available for 50%+ of games would replace him.

Sometimes, the best ability is availability.

I think back over the last 50 years of great midfielders that have turned out for Rangers. For some strange reason Ryan Jack doesn't come into my mind.

Watson from Killie replaces Lundstram and Barron from Aberdeen replacing Jack.

We have to snapping up players like these

Watson still isn't even a regular in the Killie midfield and Lundstram is the best and probably fittest central midfielder in the country.

Hopefully Lundstram signs a new deal.

Cifuentes played in central midfield more than he did as a 10.

I still think we'll sign another central midfielder when Jack leaves, as neither Raskin or Sterling, (who isn't a DM tbf) are good enough against top level midfields.
Mainly because Jack and Raskin were injured, and the manager hadn't yet thought of Sterling in there.

Well Clement was always keen to select that plank of wood ahead of Sterling, Raskin and McKinnon, so I'd say he'll want to replace him.

Only Lundstram and Diomande were ahead of a fit Ryan Jack, in the central midfield pecking order.
How dare you bring logic into it when FF is in slagging mode!

A bonkers question to start with from the OP.

Jack should have been cut loose at the end of last season. There is no sentiment in football.

But getting back to the OP. How do you replace someone who hardly plays for you anyway?

Get someone in who is bloody fit for a start.

Watson still isn't even a regular in the Killie midfield and Lundstram is the best and probably fittest central midfielder in the country.

Hopefully Lundstram signs a new deal.
Watson will be a star he’s the next Ferguson we should not miss the boat here time to start collecting the best Scottish players again.

He starts for Killie mate

A bit like your nickname then like a cheese, Phew!

sddefault.jpg

Well Clement was always keen to select that plank of wood ahead of Sterling, Raskin and McKinnon, so I'd say he'll want to replace him.

Only Lundstram and Diomande were ahead of a fit Ryan Jack, in the central midfield pecking order.

Shame he’s never fit then isn’t it?

Don’t understand an article on who replaces Ryan Jack. We’ve done it season after season and pretty much 90% of the past two seasons.

Watson from Killie replaces Lundstram and Barron from Aberdeen replacing Jack.

We have to snapping up players like these
At this moment in time Lundstram is levels above Watson. He’s not even a regular in the Kilmarnock team. If we’re moving Lundstram on we’ll be replacing him with better than Watson.

Barron isn’t as good as Jack either, although he’d be far more robust and therefore at least an option in midfield.

If we go for Watson or Lennon Miller they are more likely to replace Cifuentes and/or Dowell assuming we can move them on.

At this moment in time Lundstram is levels above Watson. He’s not even a regular in the Kilmarnock team. If we’re moving Lundstram on we’ll be replacing him with better than Watson.

Barron isn’t as good as Jack either, although he’d be far more robust and therefore at least an option in midfield.

If we go for Watson or Lennon Miller they are more likely to replace Cifuentes and/or Dowell assuming we can move them on.
In all fairness Jack can’t get on the pitch and and Lundstram has had to half season purple patches that’s nowhere near enough.

The potential the boy Watson has is huge me have to get him before that mob do

Back