Why are we the way we are?

Failed recruitment apart, the mismanagement of player contracts is criminal. We rarely realise the value of assets and have regularly lost players with previously high value for zero.

We now go into a summer where our only players of value are the ones we can’t afford to lose.

I get the scum have a lot more money than us due to years of free hits at CL money.

But see if we did just once what Hearts have done twice this season, and beat them, we'd be sitting level on points with them with 2 games to go. That's before you consider all the other teams that have also taken points off them.

My point is that if all these other teams, with a budget a lot less than ours, can regularly take points off celtic, they why can't we? That's literally what the difference has been this season. It's frustrating as %^*&.
With their mentality and hatred for us, they know we are weak when we play them and will win. Against the likes of Hearts and Killie, they will drop points as their desire to beat them is not as it is against us.

Don't know how, but we need to get back to the way Gerrard treated them and reverse this. However, we are too weak, too nice and get bullied off of Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee when it really mattered.

We've failed to beat the mhanks in 4 games this season.
We've had 4 different managers 5 years and the same spineless players that can't compete with the mhanks
Our good run in Europe gives the league champions straight in to the ECL, they've made it last 3 seasons.

We waste a ridiculous amount of money on a ridiculously regular basis. Numerous court cases lost, money spent on longer term projects before we've sorted the key driver of future revenue(the football side) as two examples away from the football side.

On the football side, our recruitment is consistently dire, we pay a fortune in wages to players who simply don't justify it and we have carried a massive squad full of players who are not good enough, constantly injured or both. We struggle to move those players on and we have basically only managed once to move a "sellable asset" at his peak value(Bassey). Putting so much trust in Ross Wilson was a huge error and one which has now cost us for three seasons in succession.
Agree with a lot of this

Around Wilson yes we put to much faith in him but I also think board had his hand tied behind his back.

Take tillman I actually think that was more mackay than Wilson but he takes the credit.

Then you have the bacuna deal a free with 50% sell on clause its bizarre and not the market we should be operating in ..... that signing came down to the board saying no money for me.

I don't think Gerrard ever got on with him either as he was there for the board more and to raise his own profile.

Nearly every decision we have made at boardroom level since 55 has been wrong.

We didn't invest after 55, one more year of tactical investment. They did tells us the losses were covered by insurance......... not sure they have ever been put back into the accounts.

After seville selling bassey and cl qualification we didn't sell players that needed to be sold and what we recruited gio rarely players apart from tillman....... still relief on arfield.

Built neh instead and boasted about a profit in accounts where most of us realised is only temp if we didn't get 2/3 seasons winning the league.

They are now making same mistakes selling half the car park

The board room needs gutted as much as anything or at least new people with longer term funding plan growth.

We’ve won a title, been to a European final, and have a similar or higher wage bill than them.

If we had recruited better players and better managers, no one would be saying the ramifications of 2012 were affecting us.

They are affecting us though.

We can't afford to make any mistakes in the transfer market. We were trying to rebuild the club so we couldnt really sell our top players. Hindsight says we should have.

They can. That's the difference.

We have not had football intelligence in the boardroom for years.
When the club was rescued from the charlatans by King , Park etc they had the perfect opportunity to bring in real football people to sit on the board and make the football decisions. They chose to do this themselves and ended up arguing amongst themselves and falling out over the way forward for our club.
Ego’s got in the way of correct decision making.
Caixinha and Beale being two examples of real stupidity at boardroom level.
Bisgrove is a prime example of no football brains in positions of power. Marketing expert he may be but what he knows about football is questionable.
Until our board put their hands up and say we aren’t qualified to make the big football decisions and bring in people who can we will struggle on the park. Success before personalities has to be the way forward.

Agree with a lot of this

Around Wilson yes we put to much faith in him but I also think board had his hand tied behind his back.

Take tillman I actually think that was more mackay than Wilson but he takes the credit.

Then you have the bacuna deal a free with 50% sell on clause its bizarre and not the market we should be operating in ..... that signing came down to the board saying no money for me.

I don't think Gerrard ever got on with him either as he was there for the board more and to raise his own profile.

Nearly every decision we have made at boardroom level since 55 has been wrong.

We didn't invest after 55, one more year of tactical investment. They did tells us the losses were covered by insurance......... not sure they have ever been put back into the accounts.

After seville selling bassey and cl qualification we didn't sell players that needed to be sold and what we recruited gio rarely players apart from tillman....... still relief on arfield.

Built neh instead and boasted about a profit in accounts where most of us realised is only temp if we didn't get 2/3 seasons winning the league.

They are now making same mistakes selling half the car park

The board room needs gutted as much as anything or at least new people with longer term funding plan growth.

NEH and the costs associated with it would not have done anything to assist the team in the short term. Not like it would have all be spent on players at one time, and there's also zero guarantee what we did spend on would have been the required quality given patchy recruitment record in recent times.

We are too loyal to players that are past it. We need to move these guys on quicker. Who cares if they were good players for us in the past there comes a time to move them out.
I absolutely hate when people say that players "deserve another year" or similar.
Deserving has nothing to do with it.
Are they good enough to contribute or can we get better?
That's really should be the only criteria.

Spunking god knows how much on NEH that will "hopefully" return a profit of £1m a year in the future was a terrible decision. That yearly profit is half of what the club make in one night for a Europa League game on ticket sales alone

We desperately need to have someone at the club who has the ability to identify a player. We have recruited an entire squad full of dross and we pay them an absolute fortune. I won't have anybody tell me we couldn't do better for what we pay in wages, it's an absolute shambles the amount of failures there have been on the recruitment side of things.

We need to stop trying to fill the squad out with numbers just for the sake of it, and we need to properly identify and invest in a few key quality players. You can then surround those with hard working players to support them, and you wouldn't be far off. Instead we have an entire squad of lazy players with a weak mentality, as well as having an extreme lack of footballing quality. It's a recipe for disaster.

In many other leagues, we’d possibly say we weren’t in a terrible place.

In Scotland, it’s a catastrophe being a few points behind our rivals.

They have recruited better than us. Simple as that.
That's the bottom line mate, they've recruited better than us .

NEH and the costs associated with it would not have done anything to assist the team in the short term. Not like it would have all be spent on players at one time, and there's also zero guarantee what we did spend on would have been the required quality given patchy recruitment record in recent times.
No I get that but ultimately it potentially added a least a quality player

Yes I neh well make us money longer term. But it should have been pushed back until we were more stable financially in a sense

Just like the bid for morelos should have been accepted with at least half it going back into n the team.

Players in last year of deal should have been sold for what we could yes player has power but if it meant incentives to player to go its what has to be done

Not signing players on punts who have fallen on wayside which seemed to be our model

Our 2 most successful sales are 2 young players one from our academy and Bassey your could add aribo/kamara as good bits of business.

We need to be managed well but we are not

No I get that but ultimately it potentially added a least a quality player

Yes I neh well make us money longer term. But it should have been pushed back until we were more stable financially in a sense

Just like the bid for morelos should have been accepted with at least half it going back into n the team.

Players in last year of deal should have been sold for what we could yes player has power but if it meant incentives to player to go its what has to be done

Not signing players on punts who have fallen on wayside which seemed to be our model

Our 2 most successful sales are 2 young players one from our academy and Bassey your could add aribo/kamara as good bits of business.

We need to be managed well but we are not

It really wouldn't have allowed us to add a quality player at all.

It really wouldn't have allowed us to add a quality player at all.
New edminston house cost somewhere between 8 and 12 million was the figures banned about the money came out the club funds until sponsorships started to be taken and the request for lifetime mygers memberships.

8 mill would have got us better than we had that's including wages and prob change

Spunking god knows how much on NEH that will "hopefully" return a profit of £1m a year in the future was a terrible decision. That yearly profit is half of what the club make in one night for a Europa League game on ticket sales alone

We couldn’t spend more on our playing squad due to UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations

NEH is a mechanism to address that. The more income we can generate in other ways can only help us.

Scottish football revolves around two teams. When one gets treated the way we were in 2012 then it is inevitable a huge gap opens. Celtic were given a straight entry to CL cash for nearly a decade.

The 55 season should have been the start of the reset although Kings wild statement about Celtic folding like a pack of cards wasn’t helpful for fan expectations. We should have won the EL but we definitely looked like Rangers again.

We had the perfect window in terms of cash coming in but didn’t back GVB despite CL qualification. Beale was a disaster and he reversed all the momentum by having a dreadful summer window where we signed some very average players and didn’t replace those on their last legs.

Our hands were tied in the Jan window either by FFP or that we simply didn’t have the cash. Despite that we worked the loan system well and the league was there for the taking. Disaster struck with the worst injury crisis I can remember. Yesterday we could have had a front three of Cortes, Danilo and Sima.
Exactly how I see it.

On another thread someone mentioned the board having gambled in relation to managers. From what we’ve seen these guys must be some of the worst gamblers around as, Gerrard and hopefully the present incumbent, it always seems to go wrong. Gio wasn’t adequately backed but, Europe aside, the product was garbage.

While not at all unexpected yesterday’s result has put me on a pretty low ebb and the tipping point for continued investment in season tickets might be on its way. I’ve renewed again but the quite blatant one sidedness of the officials and our own continued incompetence is making me question my choices. The hope and enjoyment of European nights these last years is what’s kept me there.

Fair play to fans of Aberdeen, Hearts and the rest

We were in debt that season. Nobody seems to want to acknowledge that.
I actually get the covid season but what gets me is the board said they were covered for the losses but I don't think they have ever been realised in the accounts

Ie the scum have quite publicly shown the insurance cover paid to them

A lot of the issues pre date 2012. Murray originally planned that the expansion of Ibrox would mean 59500 seats then he changed it to accommodate screens. That immediately gave the scum 10000 more revenue annually. Then came 2012 the club was sold to one very “questionable” person to another. Eventually we came out of the mess but the damage over a decade was massive. When Park took over we got #55 but he reneged on backing Gerrard. So we lost the best manager we’ve had post Sir Walter. Appointing GVB was a mistake he’d left a major European club and his only job offer was China then Beale who was a coach and no more and didn’t have the gravitas to manage Rangers. As for PC I’m seeing another GVB yesterday was a masterclass in how not to manage a team at the scum hut.

Then we have the recruitment now whatever you think Tav and Goldson have been robust and been able to play. How many guys do we sign with injuries who amazingly are injured? There’s no question that playing for us requires a level of robustness above and beyond normal. Equally look at players we’ve paid fees for and compare it to them. What did they pay for O’Reilly? It’s a shambles. In my opinion we need new owners who can really invest (not looking for a return) like the rumours that Red Bull were looking to buy us. People threw their hands up in horror but why? We need radical change now.
I don't think there's anything in the red bull rumours, why a huge name like them would want to get involved in Scottish football is beyond me. They can easily get involved with the bigger countries.

We badly need to get our player recruitment right. It has been a shambles for years. We keep saying it but this summer is going to be huge for us in terms of squad renewal.

Let’s be honest for a second, it’s been extremely difficult to be a Rangers fan the past 15 years. Even the last few title wins under Walter we knew dark days were ahead, although no one could imagine how dark they’ve been. With the exception of 55 and getting to the Europa League final it’s been bleak. Even at that 55 was won with no fans and we lost the final.

My question is why is it we keep getting dragged back into these awful situations? We’ve been back in the top flight for some time. Since then we’ve been in a constant loop of building for something that’s returned next to nothing domestically. We spend a fortune for no success, sell some players, lose some players for free then spend a fortune again. How long can this continue for before the club cannot afford to buy new players?

Although the fans are loyal and we keep putting our hands in our pockets for season tickets, merchandise and hospitality I feel people are at their wits end with the team. Another year for any of Tav, Goldson, Roofe or a contract for Lundstram or Jack will send many over the edge.

How do we break this horrendous cycle?
55 was the moment to break it. They were in disarray and we didn't capitalise on it.

Let’s be honest for a second, it’s been extremely difficult to be a Rangers fan the past 15 years. Even the last few title wins under Walter we knew dark days were ahead, although no one could imagine how dark they’ve been. With the exception of 55 and getting to the Europa League final it’s been bleak. Even at that 55 was won with no fans and we lost the final.

My question is why is it we keep getting dragged back into these awful situations? We’ve been back in the top flight for some time. Since then we’ve been in a constant loop of building for something that’s returned next to nothing domestically. We spend a fortune for no success, sell some players, lose some players for free then spend a fortune again. How long can this continue for before the club cannot afford to buy new players?

Although the fans are loyal and we keep putting our hands in our pockets for season tickets, merchandise and hospitality I feel people are at their wits end with the team. Another year for any of Tav, Goldson, Roofe or a contract for Lundstram or Jack will send many over the edge.

How do we break this horrendous cycle?
Leadership. By Men. Or the lack of.
Our Chairman Murray ruined the club he was supposed to be Custodian of.
Then lack of leadership from people on and off the pitch. Like Caixhina, Beale, Wilson. And the same on the pitch with no figures there like a Gough, or a Greig.
Leadership by strong men is what we need
Happen to think that Clement has a backbone and wants to win trophies with us. Lets hope he can pick men with character to build his own team. Clear out unmotivated underachievers and find good, fit hungry winners.

I actually get the covid season but what gets me is the board said they were covered for the losses but I don't think they have ever been realised in the accounts

Ie the scum have quite publicly shown the insurance cover paid to them
Tbh mate, I'm only going by what I read on here. These type of things go over my head.

I did we were already hearing about financial mismanagement on a grand scale by Murray.

I can remember Walter in his last season saying that anyone who thought things were going to get much better in a financial sense was deluding themselves.

There were Rangers fans who warned everybody of the dark days ahead, nobody wanted to know and they took abuse for it.

How right they were.
What were the warnings?
Smith stepping down?
McCoist stepping up?
Whyte not being up to it?
Whyte being the qunt he turned out to be.

Leadership. By Men. Or the lack of.
Our Chairman Murray ruined the club he was supposed to be Custodian of.
Then lack of leadership from people on and off the pitch. Like Caixhina, Beale, Wilson. And the same on the pitch with no figures there like a Gough, or a Greig.
Leadership by strong men is what we need
Happen to think that Clement has a backbone and wants to win trophies with us. Lets hope he can pick men with character to build his own team. Clear out unmotivated underachievers and find good, fit hungry winners.
Yep we need some players who might not be pretty on the eye, but do a job none the less.

Won’t be a popular opinion but we are out thought and out fought at every stage.

They club refuse to call out the media and defend the club

Ceptic have placement at the top of the media, government, sfa etc and they pull these levers to gain advantages while we sit back and accept it

Been going in for years and for every overt example e.g “ tour of Japan” there are multiple examples of covert dealings e.g Dundee email”

We will never fully recover from Murray and his strategies”

This board see the fans as cash cows to be miked and for every fan who buys in to the mygers tax there is one who refuse to do so and stops going to games because they can’t get tickets.

No surprise they get 4 of the last 5 games at home and we haven’t had a Saturday home game since March

The younger supporters are being frozen out due to lack of tickets and will get out the habit of going to games

We have a fractious support with a lot of infighting and mygers have only widened the divisions

To many issues to see any resolution soon but the boards mantra is if I don’t renew my season ticket there’s someone waiting to take it

Probably being paranoid but been going to Ibrox for 45 years and travel from Essex for every home game so spend a lot of money supporting rangers and am now seriously questioning “why” when the club clearly don’t value the supporters
The vast majority of this is absolute nonsense

What were the warnings?
Smith stepping down?
McCoist stepping up?
Was at AGM’s when people were asking questions of Murray.
Remember especially the time at Royal Concert Hall AGM where he said, what are you worried about ? As long as I’m here we’re good, all covered, am here for the long term and my son will move in after me.
Got a clap for that and everyone moved on.
Well, his son was nowhere near us as I’m not sure he was up to running anything and Murray shat himself when the financial crash happened. Kept his Vineyards in France though..
Worst man ever to walk through the front door of Ibrox.

Spivs set is back years but a series of dubious appointments like Pedro and Beale, wild spending on dross, a weak board who seem to get more things wrong than right and get off Scott free.

They talked about a trading model then don't take it seriously.

I've no idea what the strategy is for the club as the current one, whatever it is doesn't seem ro be working and a new ambitious, aggressive yet sensible approach is needed as plodding on as is shouldn't be an option.

We get patronising pish letters at renewal time and hear nothing on how these guys are going to take us forward.

Best in class :) remember that? Well it was nothing more than a soundbite and we hear nowt from our chairman and board.
What do you want to hear from the chairman? Last time he did an interview he got absolutely slaughtered. We have quarterly CEO fans forums where the board are on stage taking questions on an open forum- something that has never been done before by Rangers. What more do you really expect?

We're back to blaming 2012 again. Despite years of record income, player sales, investment up and down the club, runs in Europe, spending a fortune on signings. We are past it. The people running the club are business guys, not football guys. The players despite being on massive wages aren't simply good enough and the people in between aren't doing enough to bridge the gap. All the bad seasons have been helped somewhat by Europe and who has benefited from it? Not us anyway. The whole cycle we are in is disgusting and it'll not be until 'the world's most successful club' is getting g scraped off the walls will some people actually realise how bad it is at the core

Terrible scouting and far too much sentiment shown when it comes to getting rid of certain players, i appreciate guys like Goldson, Tav and Lundstram for their service but it was time to move on a long time ago. This is what celtic do much better than us, they move on players at the right time.

What were the warnings?
Smith stepping down?
McCoist stepping up?
There were Rangers fans who got together and had it worked out that we were heading for a financial disaster. They took abuse from others when they were trying to warn all about what was looming.

I got an email from someone who posts on here, telling me what was going on. Wish I'd kept it and would put it on here. At the time I was having my own personal problems, so didn't get involved.

Maybe someone on here might be able to describe it better than me, who was involved with them.

We need a 1985/86 reset ,with a new mr holmes (and marlborough) at the helm.
Gut the place top to bottom,from boardroom to team/backroom ,get rid of the dead/rotten wood within our club ,get fresh blood,ideas and energy in and start moving forwards again.
We did it before and we can do it again ,get the infrastructure and basics right and we have a base to work from,any troughers in the boardroom who are holding us back,need jetisoned quickly,along with players not up for the demands and challenges of being an employee of rangers football club.
We are a worldwide brand and institution and we need to start living up to the standards and expectations that brings and quickly.

i tend to take a rather simplistic view to most things in life, and for me if things are not going as we think they should , then focus attention on those at the top,if things at the top of any organisation are not functioning to the very best that they should, then that will filter its way down the line,
You are spot on, it is that simple. The corporate board have done a brilliant job from a business perspective. They have hit every target set in 2015, exceeded in some cases.

We need to have the same level of performance from the Football board. From `Robertson to `Bisgrove, they have both failed to deliver on the football strategic plan and that poor performance is ongoing now!

We put a marketing director with zero experience at the head of our football operation then the board sanctioned a £15m budget for a squad rebuild. Said marketing director, and his predecessor, then allowed assetts to decline in value to the point, all of our sealable assetts walked out the door for nothing.
He also handed the money we did have, and it was a significant lump in SPFL terms, to a rookie manager, and a fraud, and he delivered one of the worst transfer windows in recent history,

What the hell qualifies Bisgrove to be the CEO of a football club the size of Rangers?

What do you want to hear from the chairman? Last time he did an interview he got absolutely slaughtered. We have quarterly CEO fans forums where the board are on stage taking questions on an open forum- something that has never been done before by Rangers. What more do you really expect?
Perhaps deliver what he was on about?

We just seem to plod on. Need investment. Need better players and rid of serial losers and unfit and unsuitable players.

Just fed up with another season where we need a huge rebuild after it. We can't afford to do it year after year.

It started with the guys at the top - Murray got found out when the bank stopped writing checks and then we endured years of charlatans like Whyte, Green and Ashley. When we eventually had proper Rangers men in charge sadly they were not cut out to being on the board and we endured experiment after experiment (Pedro, Beale etc) where some worked out (Gerrard) but the rest left us in a much worse place than they came in with huge budgets spent and nothing to show for it. They also didn’t have the courage to sell the players at their peak value (Kamara, Alfie). And more controversially we as fans started worshipping players that were mediocre to the extent that the board and new management felt they were undroppable and therefore became bigger than the club itself continuing to bottle it on big occasions.

How do we get out of it? It starts with the board being honest and admitting that we may not win the league next year, that Clement is in here for the long haul and that we can't keep sacking a manager after 12 months. We then get rid of all the players who have underperformed for years (or in some cases the best part of a decade!) and yes that will include our 'but look at his numbers' captain. Our DOF then needs to make it clear to both the fans and the manager that we absolutely need to sell our better players when the value is at the maximum - whether thats Butland, Sterling or any other new player (because none of our current lot have any value) they go for big money.
No more losing Kent, Alfie, even Lundstram on free transfers. This summer needs to be the complete 'overhaul' that we've been talking about since 2021 - there should be absolutely no place in this team for Borna, Tav, Goldson, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe or Wright next season. Their contracts should either be terminated or they are punted. If we don't have a player who is yet as good as them then so be it, we develop and bring them on - short term thinking is holding us back.

And finally, we completely overhaul the youth department. Whatever we are doing just now is not working. We should be having 3-4 youth players fighting to get in the team every game and at the moment we have 1! If we do the above we can move forward as a club and get back to the dominance we should be achieving. But I fear we will start next season with Tav, Goldson, maybe even Lunny on a new contract, sack Clement when we are 8-9 points ahead behind in the league after yet another old firm defeat and repeat the cycle ad nauseum as the scum overhaul our trophy record and romp clear.

I’m absolutely scunnered today, and the worst part is it is the same story year after year after year. I’ve never actively disliked a Rangers team to the extent I do this one. Butland and Sterling aside I never want to see any of them again! I know realistically that is not possible but it has to start with us announcing tomorrow that every out of contract player will be leaving the club and that they will not play our final 3 games. Then we thank Goldson and Tav for their contribution over the years but that they are now surplus to requirements and can move for free at the end of the season.

We also sorely need a unifying figure.

Gerrard was one.

It looked like Clement might be one but now the jury is very much out.

I know I'm not alone in being sick to death of Tavernier and Goldson and the polarising attitudes they increasingly fuel but more than anything I'm sick of the "if he could defend/score/cross/stay fit he wouldn't be at Rangers" garbage some fans come out with about players. Get them to fk and give us something to unite us all.

I hope Clement can still be that man and we'll know soon enough.

Was at AGM’s when people were asking questions of Murray.
Remember especially the time at Royal Concert Hall AGM where he said, what are you worried about ? As long as I’m here we’re good, all covered, am here for the long term and my son will move in after me.
Got a clap for that and everyone moved on.
Well, his son was nowhere near us as I’m not sure he was up to running anything and Murray shat himself when the financial crash happened. Kept his Vineyards in France though..
Worst man ever to walk through the front door of Ibrox.
I do remember the AGM and the other talk.
The post you replied to, I had concerns about the first three but not for a minute did I think it would be so catastrophic as it turned out or that Whyte was going to be what he turned out to be.
Also, the legal system fecked us big time.
As much a scumbag as he became, Murray did nothing illegal.
Financial Tribunals proved this.
It was only when the previously unheard of, in legal terms, “common sense” ruling was applied, that the Rangers lost the case.

We're back to blaming 2012 again. Despite years of record income, player sales, investment up and down the club, runs in Europe, spending a fortune on signings. We are past it. The people running the club are business guys, not football guys. The players despite being on massive wages aren't simply good enough and the people in between aren't doing enough to bridge the gap. All the bad seasons have been helped somewhat by Europe and who has benefited from it? Not us anyway. The whole cycle we are in is disgusting and it'll not be until 'the world's most successful club' is getting g scraped off the walls will some people actually realise how bad it is at the core
That's going to happen anyway and let's be honest, nobody outside of Scotland gives a f**k about that. Says a lot about the state of the game in this country when 2 clubs are having a ding dong about most trophies won, with the rest miles behind.

It's the future we need to be putting our energies into, that's all that matters at the end of the day. In my time they have been the most successful club over the last 60 years, even when we had a bloody good team in the 60's.

The only thing Bisgrove is guilty of is trusting Beale and giving him a free reign at blowing the budget.
He learned from that and brought in a DOF.
What else do you want him to do?
Bisgrove did not bring in a Director of Football. He split the role in two.
1. Creag Robertson is Director of Football Operations, he was previously Academy head of education
2. Nils Koppen is Director of Recruitment, previously a scout coordinator at PSV
The manager and his staff report to Bisgrove not a DOF as before.
Both their salaries put together will not be near what you’d pay for a decent DOF.
Also I’d bet none of them will challenge Bisgrove’s decisions.

Perhaps deliver what he was on about?

We just seem to plod on. Need investment. Need better players and rid of serial losers and unfit and unsuitable players.

Just fed up with another season where we need a huge rebuild after it. We can't afford to do it year after year.
Everyone is fed up. I’m pretty sure the chairman will be too. Moaning about not hearing from the chairman is a different matter entirely. Murray was on STV news every other week talking- did that make things any better?

What were the warnings?
Smith stepping down?
McCoist stepping up?
Go back further to Murray when he put the club in with all his other business interests and leveraged himself up.

We need a 1985/86 reset ,with a new mr holmes (and marlborough) at the helm.
Gut the place top to bottom,from boardroom to team/backroom ,get rid of the dead/rotten wood within our club ,get fresh blood,ideas and energy in and start moving forwards again.
We did it before and we can do it again ,get the infrastructure and basics right and we have a base to work from,any troughers in the boardroom who are holding us back,need jetisoned quickly,along with players not up for the demands and challenges of being an employee of rangers football club.
We are a worldwide brand and institution and we need to start living up to the standards and expectations that brings and quickly.
One massive difference between then and now.it was pretty much a level playing field and it’s a completely different ball game now.

Back