Why can’t we boycott away games?

I don't see why it's a contentious point. A lot of people going to Ibrox are taking their wife, kids or are going with old friends that have outgrown that phase. I also fully admit that our big European nights reflect that away support more than the ones that go on a Saturday at home versus someone like Dundee. I'm not being derogatory for the sake of it - it just seems obviously true to me that it's the case.
Well maybe that has a lot to do with why they like the away games. Sometimes at Ibrox it's like being at the movies. Having crowds of 50,000 and hearing the players shouting is a poor atmosphere, especially when you know how it can be.

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.

Appreciate your intentions, but it didn’t have much effect last time did it?

We didn’t boycott Scottish football when it kicked us in the balls repeatedly when we were down.
we financed the fucking leagues from bottom to top, we bailed half of them out. We secured the majority of the clubs futures on the way back up.

we could easily %^*& a lot of these clubs up if we boycotted them. Easily.
We could cause a lot of ruination in these clubs if we didn’t spend our money in the grounds, not pile huge amounts of money into their coffers.

we just won’t boycott, we love our club far more than hating everyone else’s clubs.

Should immediately let all clubs know that without their support we will boycott every game.
This will cost them enough money to put most of them out of business. Simplr
So your trying to blackmail clubs to back us, but then they're accused of trying to blackmail clubs.

Pot, kettle and black. The clubs are doing what they think is best for them and to be honest they dont give a shit who gets the title.

Well maybe that has a lot to do with why they like the away games. Sometimes at Ibrox it's like being at the movies. Having crowds of 50,000 and hearing the players shouting is a poor atmosphere, especially when you know how it can be.

Yes, and the reason for it is young guys congregating in groups and drinking.

My point is that it's often too much and they begin to act like bams.

Yes, and the reason for it is young guys congregating in groups and drinking.

My point is that it's often too much and they begin to act like bams.
That's not true. Maybe some were hammered, but most just came along on their buses and had a few pints. To say the majority of the away support are pished is unfair.

No need to take the piss out your fellow supporters. I can understand it to he honest, only time you can get a decent atmosphere.
Asking nicely clearly doesn't get the message across. Our away support are absolutely the best in the world but these rancid clubs rely on us to survive. It would take half a season to bring them to their knees.

So they should tbh because clubs in the SPL didn’t all go bust when we went down the divisions like some thought they would, so what’s the point in boycotting now?

Because they’re currently being dealt a financial blow some of them genuinely won’t come back from. Continuing to fill their coffers makes no sense when they’re forever trying to shaft us

Asking nicely clearly doesn't get the message across. Our away support are absolutely the best in the world but these rancid clubs rely on us to survive. It would take half a season to bring them to their knees.
Well I'm sure theyll be delighted to be called pissheads and thick as mince. That should do it.

Because no matter how bad other teams or Scottish football treats us people are still happy to give them the money.

It’s been done a million times on here, boycotts won’t happen and even if Rangers refuse tickets then the home club will just sell direct to fans.

Fans love watching the team and will go anywhere and everywhere no matter what the vocal minority online say.

Reactions: SE5
Eh?

They'd come begging very shortly. I'm suggesting we put some pressure on them, not kill them.
The away support have been called that in the last couple of days on here and it's happened before.

Didnt say by you, but calling them that is no way to talk about our own fans.

I don’t see why this can’t be done. Even the threat of it should be made public to them before they vote. We need to start standing up for ourselves, because no one else is.

Vote to stop us having the chance of winning a title, you will not get a single blue penny when you need it most. Simple as that.
No even read the thread. I’m not boycotting games I want to support Rangers

To those saying it didn't work in 2012, look at the times now compared to then.

Clubs all over the shot are having to cut staff and the predicted fallout after all this mess is over will make it very difficult for the smaller clubs in the SPL to survive. At this time of year they'd be looking at season ticket renewals but with so many out of a job in the middle of a pandemic, they'll sell nowhere near as much.

There may never be another opportunity like this to see them off.

I've only ever been to two away games so I could be incorrect but I don't think I am. In those two games, I would wager that a far greater percentage of fans were blind drunk than you'd ever get at Ibrox. I think it also ties in to the idea of our away fans being better and getting behind the team more. In my opinion, it's probably because they're drunk and enjoying a 'party' style experience in a much greater way than you can ever expect of a Saturday at 3pm - though god knows some obviously try.
LOL

I’ll just continue going to away games thanks very much, I love Rangers more than I hate any other club

Of course they would look what happened at Tannadice the game was called off they never refunded or let anyone use the tickets again, yet still they turned up the Nithsdale Loyal even taking them to court didn't deter others.
Nithsdale ran a bus to the rearranged game because the majority of its members voted to run a bus to the game.

Yep busses were run where the majority of its members wanted them to do so.the way it should be.looking back at the tannadice boycott in 2012/13 in the cup it was used by Charles Green to further pull the wool over the supports eyes on what he was really up to.
Post up we never did the 2012 game went to Calvy club I was still waiting for a beer when they scored 14 seconds or something in. But I go home and away and I’m not going to stop because people on a forum want it

" been tae every gemme since nineteen-canteen and ahm no stoappin fur nothin'"
Good on you mate, I hardly missed a match from 74 to 2011 but had enough and decided home games only, I did go to Perth one game around Xmas as my mates needed a driver as they were in hospitality but other than that I have not been in another stadium in Scotland.

If fans have the bug and needtheir fix go and no other fan should give them a hard time for supporting Rangers, there may be a day not too far away though when traveling support should pick a game v clubs who’s owners are outspoken against our club like livi and give them a bloody nose by not going to prove how much they need us

Nobody has the right to tell any fans what they can or cant do. If you want to see the team winning trophies, i doubt that playing half a season with no fans behind them will help.
I’m lucky I get all tickets not allocated on cccs from bus due to a point system. I’m certainly not going to stop going because of a minority on FF that don’t like away support basically

Last edited:
If Green,White and the fiasco with Mike Ashley/sports direct showed us anything, its that theres enough Lundys within the Rangers support that will continue to go out of pure ignorance.

Boycotts don't work. It would require a uniform, across the board, unanimous decision between the club and fans for it to carry any bite whatsoever.

As Dingwall said we are pish at them. We don't have a united front on anything as a support. Why would that ever change now?

Away fans have spent years worth of their money and time following the club up down the country and across to the continent. I understand why they don't even consider it a viable option. I'm not about to make demands of other fans. I lose out on nothing if we boycott away games but that doesn't give me the right to insist others are being selfish for not backing such a scenario.

Fact of the matter is, the impending global recession in the fall out of the Covid-19 economic shut down. Will more than likely see more than a few Scottish clubs fall on hard times anway. Totally irrespective if we boycott or not in my opinion. Would we hasten it along if we did, probably, but if it's not backed by a majority of fans then a boycott is a frivolous endeavour.

Boycotts don't work. It would require a uniform, across the board, unanimous decision between the club and fans for it to carry any bite whatsoever.

As Dingwall said we are pish at them. We don't have a united front on anything as a support. Why would that ever change now?

Away fans have spent years worth of their money and time following the club up down the country and across to the continent. I understand why they don't even consider it a viable option. I'm not about to make demands of other fans. I lose out on nothing if we boycott away games but that doesn't give me the right to insist others are being selfish for not backing such a scenario.

Fact of the matter is, the impending global recession in the fall out of the Covid-19 economic shut down. Will more than likely see more than a few Scottish clubs fall on hard times anway. Totally irrespective if we boycott or not in my opinion. Would we hasten it along if we did, probably, but if it's not backed by a majority of fans then a boycott is a frivolous endeavour.
At least you understand where the away support are coming from I can accept both sides it’s the snide remarks made to us that travel away that annoys me

So they should tbh because clubs in the SPL didn’t all go bust when we went down the divisions like some thought they would, so what’s the point in boycotting now?
Nobody is trying to make them go "bust" although it would be nice.

Genuine question, what would be the line in the sand moment for you?

If clubs voting to hand the filth a title they haven't won isn't it then I'm not sure how much worse it could get?

Everyone understands why people want to go. For me it's an individual choice, if people can ask themselves if they're comfortable giving them money it's their choice. But one thing that shouldn't be missed in all of this is that our support needs to realise the power it has within Scottish football. It's maybe time we used it. See how it goes.

They won't go bust is an inane argument tbh. Who cares if they survive, they just won't do it with our money.

Neither will Mike Ashley but I doubt many on here will give him a penny.

And they'll sleep better knowing he gets nothing from them. This isn't about these people and what a boycott does to them, it's about us as a support taking a stand.

No, they didn't go bust. But they were considerably weakened. The Premier League became a one horse parade with no other club capable of mounting a challenge for any trophy.
If we had stayed down any longer I'm sure a lot of the clubs like Aberdeen and even Septic would have found their model unsustainable.
We were even getting the blame when Septic were getting their annual arse raping from the continental minnows in European competition. I reckon if we hadn't bounced back so quickly Scottish football would be akin to the League Of Wales today. A boycott for one season,denying them the Blue Pound would have the SPFL crapping themselves. Oh, unless they got Super Sell Out Saturday started up again.

Back