Why Did we leave Footymad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact it's been an ad infested horror bag that crashed every time anything even remotely interesting happend and traffic went up was probably one factor

34fc861.jpg

Really like the new board.
It seems to me that feels like back to Rivals version, but better.
Traditionalist loyal :):)

Footymad was terrible. Really irritating pop ups and ads, installing hundreds, if not thousands, of cookies and increasingly poor performance. I had just about stopped using it.

Glad to get rid of those redirects to a site saying you've won something and makes the phone vibrate like mental

Footymad quality was poor imo. It wasn'the just the pop up ads but the general slowness as well.

I got directed here - just searched and the old forum is still running
Quite like the look of this though

Looking forward to the next match or big off-field event, to see how the new platform copes.

It cuts FM out the loop with the ad revenue. Can be reinvested for the good of the community and Rangers, rather than filling their coffers while they fail to provide a server that can cope with demand at 6pm on a Saturday.

The old board was really struggling at times. I had paid for the ad free one (which I need to cancel now) but it was still bringing up adds in the middle of the page. However, the fact it died a death the minute traffic went up a little bit was good enough reason.

I liked the layout of the old board much better, I'm sure I will get used to this in time.

Couldn't stand it when we upgraded to a newer Outlook in work either but now I can't even remember what it was like before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back