Will our form switch tonight now we are back chasing?

Coza

I’m not sure it will but it wouldn’t shock me at all if we turn up and suddenly play well tonight and win comfortably.

For me it’s no coincidence our atrocious run of form has came exactly as soon as the league became ours to lose and we were bookies favourites.

Will there be a level of freedom and confidence back in our play tonight that’s been all too lacking recently?

Here’s hoping Coza, bottom line is we need to win every game up to and including the next OF and see where that leaves us.

It’s a straight shoot out now and they have the head start.

We've not been great since February IMO
I assumed after the winter break with the manager getting time to get his ideas across etc we would have been even better, but the opposite has happened. We look devoid of ideas at times.

As for tonight, I think we will win, and win well.

Need an encouraging 3 or 4-0 win to at least give the fans some belief, i'd be amazed if that happened right enough

Can’t see it being easy.. we were limping to the international break and it was reasonable given our injury pile up and number of games we were playing, but how we’ve played since coming back hasn’t been good enough.

I don’t see them dropping points before the Old Firm with Dundee Away and Hearts at Home, so we really need 9pts from our games before then to keep the pressure on.

I personally think we will manage that, but not comfortably.

We need a lot more creativity from forward players . McCausland coming on could be useful who although was going through a difficult patch, can cause problems for other teams when he’s on it. he can be a menace at times and we need that back for the run in. We don’t get it from Silva or Lawrence for example.

Hopefully, however for me the players mentality is that of losers, rather than winners and now there's no wiggle room left at all this season, I struggle to hold out much hope that a team with a poor mentality will get it over the line.

How can a team that got itself in contention for the League fall apart so dramatically on Sunday,Lundstram in particular was back to the player he was under Beale,we need Sterling in midfield if he isn’t at left back hopefully Ridvan is back.Its all about attitude tonight I’m still in shock the lack of it on Sunday cause Dundee will be up for it .

How can a team that got itself in contention for the League fall apart so dramatically on Sunday,Lundstram in particular was back to the player he was under Beale,we need Sterling in midfield if he isn’t at left back hopefully Ridvan is back.Its all about attitude tonight I’m still in shock the lack of it on Sunday cause Dundee will be up for it .
Seems as if it was all about clawing the lead back then they didn’t know what to do next

The only fans who really, and I mean genuinely with their every fiber of their being believe in this squad now, are people who come across like they would let the players pump their wife's.

To most, this squad is the boy who cried wolf, the only time most will ever really think this squad has overcome their constant blocks is if they actually hold up the league trophy

Until then it is all just white noise

It’ll be the same players doing the same things.

Only difference will be if we do manage to score twice without reply, we’ll have a better chance of holding them off.

If it’s 1-0 or 0-0 at half time then it’ll be a nail biting struggle.

Tippy tappy at the back, slowly passing it upfield, go wide, pass back, switch to other side, all done at walking pace.

Dundee will be in thug mode after the criticism, our players will look as if they are on holiday.

We’ve either fallen off a cliff form wise or can’t cope with the expectation of having the advantage.

We shall find out tonight.

The only fans who really, and I mean genuinely with their every fiber of their being believe in this squad now, are people who come across like they would let the players pump their wife's.

To most, this squad is the boy who cried wolf, the only time most will ever really think this squad has overcome their constant blocks is if they actually hold up the league trophy

Until then it is all just white noise

I always had a nagging feeling as well as us playing well we would need a total collapse from the filth to win it. I thought we were going to get that too but the two 93rd minute winners at Easter Road then Fir Park were absolute killers.

They will fall over the line and Rodgers will be gone in the summer.

I always had a nagging feeling as well as us playing well we would need a total collapse from the filth to win it. I thought we were going to get that too but the two 93rd minute winners at Easter Road then Fir Park were absolute killers.

They will fall over the line and Rodgers will be gone in the summer.
They have got out off jail against us 3 times with VAR coming to their aid,i hate to hark back but VAR should have never came back as far as it did to disallow our goal even though Beaton played it on also Johnston should have been off once again .

Once again we sit back and take not like that mob who had nothing to moan about until their 29th game against Hearts then let it rip .

8 points dropped from our last 4 league games suggests not.
That’s just made so depressed.

We constantly make chances we had 23 shots on goal on Sunday surely he has to throw Roofe on tonight,Dessers gets himself in fantastic positions then fluffs it Roofe is a proven finisher.

Last edited:
I’m not sure it will but it wouldn’t shock me at all if we turn up and suddenly play well tonight and win comfortably.

For me it’s no coincidence our atrocious run of form has came exactly as soon as the league became ours to lose and we were bookies favourites.

Will there be a level of freedom and confidence back in our play tonight that’s been all too lacking recently?
You would be as well tossing a coin on this one as tbh I don't think anyone could call it.

As for the rest of the season who knows.

If these players have anything about them they will make sure we win this fixture, hopefully comfortably. They cannot go in to this one thinking it's won before a ball is kicked though.

For far too long our playing style has been very one dimensional. I expect this to continue and Tav and the lads will go out expecting just to play the usual game and our superiority will kick In eventually.

Almost feels at times they never take into consideration that the other team might just be a wee bit more up for it than we are which will probably be the same on Sunday.

Can’t see it being easy.. we were limping to the international break and it was reasonable given our injury pile up and number of games we were playing, but how we’ve played since coming back hasn’t been good enough.

I don’t see them dropping points before the Old Firm with Dundee Away and Hearts at Home, so we really need 9pts from our games before then to keep the pressure on.

I personally think we will manage that, but not comfortably.
Hearts have already beaten them home and away. shankland hopefully do us another turn

Not so sure, yeah we are chasing but the pressure is still on big time as its in our own hands.

It wouldn't surprise me if our form only returns when/if we go a few behind and it's no longer in our hands.

We've not been great since February IMO
I assumed after the winter break with the manager getting time to get his ideas across etc we would have been even better, but the opposite has happened. We look devoid of ideas at times.

As for tonight, I think we will win, and win well.
We've not been great all season if we're being honest. Clement steadied the ship after Beale but occasional great performances like the win over Hearts at Ibrox are absolutely few and far between. We stuttered against Aberdeen and Ross County before that. We've barely laid a glove on Celtic in matches against them all season tbh.

I think the Motherwell result was coming, and we've lost our way a bit since then. Not helped by injuries of course.

Am sure I saw the Manager in his press conf yesterday saying Ridvan still missing.

Am sure I saw the Manager in his press conf yesterday saying Ridvan still missing.
Has to be Sterling then Barisic is a empty shirt wasn’t the only one on Sunday to be fair.I think I would put Raskin in if Diomande is still out not got a lot of choices surely it won’t be Dowell again .

I genuinely don't think we can play worse than Sunday and we were a Dessers chance (shock) away from being 2 goals up.

The team now know there is absolutely no margin for error, I'm just worried about that midfield, as Dundee have some good players. We either need Sterling to fit in there and Borna not to shit the bed, or bring Raskin in from the cold.

I genuinely don't think we can play worse than Sunday and we were a Dessers chance (shock) away from being 2 goals up.

The team now know there is absolutely no margin for error, I'm just worried about that midfield, as Dundee have some good players. We either need Sterling to fit in there and Borna not to shit the bed, or bring Raskin in from the cold.
We had 23 shots on goal don’t know how many Dessers had out of that .

This team is on its predictable downward spiral and has been since we peaked in the Hearts 5-0 match. There’s nothing to suggest tonight is going to be anything but a struggle.

I hope so Coza.
I expect us to steamroll them tonight.
Then again i expected us to steamroll RC as well.
Just show some fight & determination please Rangers.

I'm showing faith in the manager to get a performance tonight! Go hard to the end of the season - there will be changes and it's a huge motivation for the players to win the league, impress Clement and ensure they are a Rangers player next season.

We are a point behind. We can do this. We are in a worse position today after dropping points but in a much better position that we could ever have imagined when Beale was sacked!

I expect the usual display, Lundstrum fukking up our play in the middle and wandering about, Goldson being his usual brain farting bombscare, and Dessers missing 2 or 3 chances 95% of us would have buried.

Back