Will our form switch tonight now we are back chasing?

All about intensity and application, we need to take the game away from them with sharp, fast, forward passing and if they match it and we come unstuck I can live with that. Getting out worked will not cut it at this club.

I don’t want to see 60-90 second corner routines either, just get it back into play and keep up the tempo, we get 5/6 subs FFS this should be a given.

There's pressure to win tonight, for that reason alone I am not confident of a win. Never mind winning well..

All about intensity and application, we need to take the game away from them with sharp, fast, forward passing and if they match it and we come unstuck I can live with that. Getting out worked will not cut it at this club.

I don’t want to see 60-90 second corner routines either, just get it back into play and keep up the tempo, we get 5/6 subs FFS this should be a given.

Our corners are slow but not even effective slow. Look at arsenal they clearly work on standing for almost 10-15-20 seconds and then looking for the defence to have switched off then put it in. They get lots of criticism for this but no ref stops them. I’m surprised more teams haven’t started it.

I zone out watching the tv when they do it - not surprised defenders switch off.

Be a tough game, pitch a mess, our players low in confidence or belief.
Dundee will be hurting after all the criticism they have faced in the past weeks will be up for it. They will smell blood and have a belief we are there for the taking.
I do think that we will get a result tonight though, but we will need to up our game drastically.

Great point waiting on Tav coming from the other end of the pitch,intensity is a must we make plenty of chances I hope Roofe starts tonight he knows how to finish.

I have very little confidence in this squad. They know that a draw or loss tonight means it's no longer in their own hands entirely and that's the sort of pressure these players don't like. I'll take any win, would be nice to get a performance to give us a bit of hope.

I think it depends on Clement learning some lessons. Sterling needs to start centre mid, or at least Raskin. We can’t be going with Lawrence or Dowell in there. Leaves us wide open and leaves Lundstram with way too much to do defensively, which he isn't up to.
Edit - I've oversimplified a bit here because obviously there is more to it than changing one player in the middle, though it would go a long way. Clement needs to sort out our structure and system so we aren't so vulnerable defensively. We were all over the place on Sunday and that is more a problem with our system than it is with personnel.

Last edited:
I’m not sure it will but it wouldn’t shock me at all if we turn up and suddenly play well tonight and win comfortably.

For me it’s no coincidence our atrocious run of form has came exactly as soon as the league became ours to lose and we were bookies favourites.

Will there be a level of freedom and confidence back in our play tonight that’s been all too lacking recently?

As long as we win.

Tonight, who knows...
If they can just turn it on i'd be surprised.
I'd also be even more disappointed about the weekend as it would show it's down to pure effort and application. I won't be surprised if we see yet again a very nervous and spooked Rangers.

The weak mentality that we have witnessed so frequently has led to us now chasing, maybe that suits them as less pressure to perform! Sunday was crushing and its probably too late in the season to make the wholesale changes required. Hopefully we can stir up some kind of performance tonight.

This team is on its predictable downward spiral and has been since we peaked in the Hearts 5-0 match. There’s nothing to suggest tonight is going to be anything but a struggle.
Sadly true, we scraped the next one 2-1 v Kilmarnock, and have only beaten a shit Hibs side since.

I’m not sure it will but it wouldn’t shock me at all if we turn up and suddenly play well tonight and win comfortably.

For me it’s no coincidence our atrocious run of form has came exactly as soon as the league became ours to lose and we were bookies favourites.

Will there be a level of freedom and confidence back in our play tonight that’s been all too lacking recently?
To answer your question Will our Form Switch ... I would ilke to ask Will Big Phil have had time to instruct players how to take a corner (no more big floaty outswinging lobs) and will he be brave enough to drop Goldson?

I expect a stuttering performance resulting in a win but nobody feeling any better about anything.

I understand completely why people want to see us playing this free flowing, guns blazing attacking football from the outset but tbh I would be happy if we just appeared to be a bit more solid defensively

Would take a one nil if it meant we didn’t look like leaking goals when ever the other team attack

Tonight, who knows...
If they can just turn it on i'd be surprised.
I'd also be even more disappointed about the weekend as it would show it's down to pure effort and application. I won't be surprised if we see yet again a very nervous and spooked Rangers.
As has been mentioned many times - on here, on Twitter, even in H&H - the team are in their ‘silly wee huff’ stage because a few things have went against them.

I expect to see a bit more of that petulance and lack of effort again this evening.

If Clement leaves the midfield open again, then we’ll struggle.

It says it all, though, when we’re scratching around for positives - and the best we can find is that being 2nd suits us.

If it does, then it will just further demonstrate the pathetic mentality of this squad

That said, its our only hope at this stage. But its a horrible state of affairs if you can't handle the pressure of leading a title charge. Massive clearout needed this summer regardless of whether we win this league

Nope. The ‘we did our best, we were just a little short’ attitude will kick in and the losers will coast through the next few games then look forward to doing it all again next season.

I was hoping to see Balogun, Ridvan, Diomande back and Sterling back in midfield but with them injured it will likely be Sterling Left back Lundstrum and Dowell/Raskin in midfield only thing I hope for now is we go with Matondo, Sima and McCausland up front

To answer your question Will our Form Switch ... I would ilke to ask Will Big Phil have had time to instruct players how to take a corner (no more big floaty outswinging lobs) and will he be brave enough to drop Goldson?
Goldson ain’t ever getting dropped as for the corners I hope so .

I hate to be the harbinger of doom, but this squad of players are bottle merchants, there's not a chance they wont drop points between now and 19th May.

If Clement leaves the midfield open again, then we’ll struggle.

It says it all, though, when we’re scratching around for positives - and the best we can find is that being 2nd suits us.
That’s exactly it.

It’s just what they are.

Not convinced some of the players can raise their game at all but hoping to be proved wrong. Just don't think some of them care enough.

Winning tonight won't be any guarantee that we can regain good form, these players have shown they can collapse at any given moment sadly.

If we give 100per cent we will win. Not sure that will happen. Several players lack the courage, unfortunately.

We don’t need form, we need 6 wins.
I think we’ll get them and I’m basing that 100% on the manager being raging after Sunday.

The players underestimated Ross County thinking they would stroll the game. That attitude will hopefully change with each game a must win. The next two games will define our season.

If we don’t win tonight then it’s over for sure this season…..win and the treble is still possible. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we win 6-0 tonight, similarly it won’t be a shock if we lose

If we don’t win tonight then it’s over for sure this season…..win and the treble is still possible. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we win 6-0 tonight, similarly it won’t be a shock if we lose
It would me and I would be even more raging because of Sunday if they did.

First of all they will need to overcome nerves which played a major part on Sunday..
There is now more pressure on them tonight than there was on Sunday, so it’s going to be interesting to see how they handle it.

You’re being far too kind.

Sunday was a massive lack of effort, that’s much more of a concern.

Outfought and outplayed.
Let’s not kid ourselves this mob tonight are right up for it I just can’t see how you can go for being so out it on Sunday to putting in a performance tonight,a Semi Final at the Weekend also coming up.

We could've used a home game tonight, just to get a chance to play actual football on a decent surface.
Instead, it'll be 'punt it' football the whole game, shots from outside the box etc. I'll watch, but already know the spectacle will be terrible and, even if we win, I'll be walking away from the game miserable.
But if we could, somehow, get a 4 or 5 goal victory, that would be ideal. Goal difference could still be relevant.

You’re being far too kind.

Sunday was a massive lack of effort, that’s much more of a concern.

Outfought and outplayed.

I do fear with this lot that nerves paralyses them. We were so gutless it was proper rabbit in the headlights stuff. Tbh it’s something that can be said about both us and them. They looked utterly turgid in many of their games this season but unfortunately their stuttering form could disappear for 4-5 games and that would now be enough for them.

Most of that squad know they aren’t winning the league so they will win and get us to the SCF then bottle it away to them and in the final. Done with most of them. Won’t miss any of them and trust Clement to get rid of all the bottlers and sign guys who get us out our seat like Cortez.

Points are crucial and are the primary consideration

But I’m also expecting a performance tonight also

I don't know I am sure our defence will not be any better,whether we can score enough to compensate for that disgraceful back line,who knows.

I expect the usual display, Lundstrum fukking up our play in the middle and wandering about, Goldson being his usual brain farting bombscare, and Dessers missing 2 or 3 chances 95% of us would have buried.
You have left out our worst defender lol

Back