Willie Collum starting as he means to go on this season

Bit of straw clutching, nothing blatant, don't get me wrong I'm of the opinion refs are defo bent towards the scum. But nothing obvious in that clip

Their pace and relentless play going forward starting from the middle is like night and day compared to us.

We are still a way off no matter what folk are saying

It's hard not to agree with this tbh. I said in this thread earlier, I watched up until their first goal. Going forward, they seem a lot more cohesive than us. They have guys who can pick up the ball, back from goal, turn and play it forward. They're a lot better at operating in tight spaces around the box than us.
I think we've got players in Aribo, Hagi (and looks like Zungu next week) who have it in their locker to do similar. Really need these guys to gel quickly.

they gub teams they should be gubbing, we don’t.

Until this changes we will win fcuk all.
They can gub teams all they like,as long as we win ours and gub them we'll win league. They've just played accies at home ffs,we had sheep away! Our result was better!

They know how to kill teams off and enjoy the game. Something we have not been able to achieve yet.

Trying to be as open minded as i can here but i don't see much of a foul?

A coming together

Certainly not blatant.

Aye no bother Andy Walker.

You realise "a coming together" is still a foul if it impedes an opponent and one player initiates the coming together?

“Just get it in the boax” plays right into Aberdeen’s hands. Thankfully our management team were aware of this.

That’s why we won with a 1 goal margin and created only 1 proper chance aside from the goal.

Thankfully our management team were aware of that last season as well in all those games we dropped points in eh

Whilst I agree it’s a foul, I think Collum is playing an advantage from the foul on Frimpong when he releases it. His arm is up indicating an advantage before the Hamilton player is tripped. Still should have been a foul though.

No harm in learning some lessons from these games. Hamilton are one of the most open teams in the league, but Celtic demonstrated that if you attack teams directly with pace you can kill them off nine times out of ten. Often we are too 'tippy tappy' and give the opposition more of a chance to recover

If we add a couple of first team players with those attributes it would be a huge step forward for us

As much as it pains me to admit, they had a far greater goal difference than us last season - they have the ability to kill off games early on where as we struggle to find the net which usually results in us trying to hold on to a one goal lead.

Something that came back to bite us on the arse time and time again.
I dont buy into the goal difference mate. Any win will do for me as the chances of both teams finishing on the same points are extremely rare.

Look down south, man city have scored plenty more than liverpool and quite often give lower teams a good going over. Counted for nothing at the end.

Let's just focus on 3 points without being concerned about goal difference.

Didn't watch them, knew it would be a comfortable win.

Hattrick for Edouard. I hope they sell him, he's quality just like Morelos. It's not a given that they can bring in better.

Small things too. There were 3 goals, 2 bookings and a substitution in the first half yet he blew his whistle exactly on 46 mins just as Hamilton were crossing the half way line attacking.

Look on the brightside they were banking on us dropping points against Aberdeen that didn't happen we'll put 5 past teams this season no bother infact we done it to Aberdeen Hibs Hearts and Hamilton last season they are at Killie on the Astro next week and we have St Mirren at home I suspect we will put a good number past St Mirren and let's see how they get on with the astro

Aye no bother Andy Walker.

You realise "a coming together" is still a foul if it impedes an opponent and one player initiates the coming together?
I didn't realise that steven maclean.

Come on now Steve. Nobody initiated anything in that clip.

I didn't realise that steven maclean.

Come on now Steve. Nobody initiated anything in that clip.

Of course they didn't. I mean not like the defender was running directly out to the ball and was prevented from getting there by the attacking player clipping him, unintentional as it apparently was.

It's debatable, but it's these minor incidents that go in their favour almost every single time.

They all add up. Meanwhile not only yesterday do we have a debatable penalty denied but questions as to whether our player could have seen a red card for a shocking challenge on him.

However we won and they were going to win today anyway so all is well. Over the course of a season though it will make a difference, for example their last minute goal against Hamilton and our penalty denied at Pittodrie is a five point swing.

There is no plot or agenda to stop us, but there is a fear of getting their decisions wrong. You may disagree with me, but what simply cannot be denied is that they did and continue to orchestrate a referee campaign on the grounds of decades of anti-Celtic bias within the SFA and within all aspects of Scottish football, John Reid said it himself.

I see the Papes are out early instead of watching their team in the boozer.

On a side note, a pape I used to work beside told me it took over an hour with Sky yesterday to get set up for our game.:))

Of course they didn't. I mean not like the defender was running directly out to the ball and was prevented from getting there by the attacking player clipping him, unintentional as it apparently was.
Did the Kilmarnock player unitentionally clip the tim player while he was trying to run into the box?

That’s why we won with a 1 goal margin and created only 1 proper chance aside from the goal.

Thankfully our management team were aware of that last season as well in all those games we dropped points in eh
And the one cleared off the line. While we should have created more clear cut chances we did create openings that weren’t taken advantage of.

Anything to suit your negative agenda though. I’m sure just gettin it in the boax would’ve been far more fruitful.

There playing Hamilton at home
Let’s see how good they are next Sunday
Heard this for last 4 years answer is they know how to win at any cost.
They have the better players and get results.
If they qualify for champions league they will spend and pull further away

I feel they are much more happier to attack teams because they know that if they get brought down, 99% of the time they will get the penalty/FK for it

our team seems very timid, almost as if they don't want to make a mistake or get fouled and then get countered because the ref doesn't give it. It's where management could step up but they don't seem to be bothered to do so. Could have mentioned the Morelos pen and then said "didn't expect to get it" which starts to put pressure on refs but that would almost certainly cost the person some money because the SPFL wouldn't like anyone saying their refs are bad

You made that judgement on a 55 second clip??

It’s fairly obvious it’s a trait of their side. It’s one of the reasons they’re able to kick the %^*& out of the wee teams every week, which we’ve shown on multiple occasions we can’t do as consistently. Just hope it’s different this season.

I dont buy into the goal difference mate. Any win will do for me as the chances of both teams finishing on the same points are extremely rare.

Look down south, man city have scored plenty more than liverpool and quite often give lower teams a good going over. Counted for nothing at the end.

Let's just focus on 3 points without being concerned about goal difference.

Should have made it a bit clearer. They had a huge goal difference due to killing off teams, where as we struggled to hold on to one nil leads.

Yesterday didn't fill me with confidence that anything has changed (but early days and all that...)

It’s fairly obvious it’s a trait of their side. It’s one of the reasons they’re able to kick the %^*& out of the wee teams every week, which we’ve shown on multiple occasions we can’t do as consistently. Just hope it’s different this season.
We can’t hope! it needs to be different this year. As another has posted they know if they are fouled 99% of the time they’ll be given the FK. We don’t have this luxury. Our silence on this has been very negligent quite frankly.

I think a few posters on here need reminding who exactly it was that caused the referees to go on strike. How has that worked out for them since?

Anyone else remember a few days before the start of a season a referee coming out and admitting they are aware how important this season is to one team? No me either. No imagine the shoe was on the other foot. They’d be going tonto why aren’t we?

They too will come up against teams sitting in as we do, yet with terrified refs in their pocket will dive and cheat their way to victory. We aren't afforded that luxury, which makes it even more pertinent that we learn how to mix our game up and never sit on a 1-0 lead, which comes back to bite us on the arse. We need a killer instinct to put teams away as early as possible.

There’s the No Surrender attitude Rangers are famous for!
Am I wrong though they batter teams from first whistle to the last relentless attacking it gets them results.
Our game yesterday had the same patterns of play as we have had the last two seasons.
Dominant in possession with no cutting edge.
Its a worrying sign.
The addition of more quality could reverse that and give us a chance

Very true lol but you knew what I was meaning.
They are going for a 10 and quadruple treble from last season and if they win a 5 bagger this season.
Putting your head in the sand and denying they are a very good team who will strengthen means we need to do some amazing business in the transfer market to get the consistency needed to win a title.
Right now I don't think we are there as it stands.
You might and that's great but I don't right now

Apologies for the link to the tweet, but have a look at the blatant foul in the lead up to their goal, Hamilton player tripped and Collum waves play on as if it were the other way about.

Get used to it lads we’re in for a tough season. As Clancy said publicly, they know what’s at stake for their team.

He's so late in waving advantage for the foul on the Celtic player he's almost right in time for the foul on the Hamilton RB. 10 strides before he even waved it.

I watched the game, as I am pretty certain our manager would have too.We are not lethal enough at present and if we are to have any hope of winning the league and stopping their progress we will need to find another gear on a regular basis.Make or break for us/Gerrard this season so its all hands on deck.

People looking at their result today and worrying fs :D

Didnt watch it obviously but stats show hamilton had only 19% possession and still managed 7 attempts, 8 corners and scored.

Contrast that to the sheep who had 4 attempts and 2 corners and didnt come close to scoring apart from a scramble.

Their defence looks very suspect going by those stats

I don’t rate there defence at all. Sadly in scotlsnd they can concede and still win 3/4-1. Going forward they are quicker than us and that needs to be sorted in order to break down teams that sit in

Back