Willie Collum to referee against that lot in the 2nd of Jan.

Clancy at Pittodrie is the bigger worry, he will try to influence that game. Collum is shite but a bit of a stubborn wee bastard so don’t think he’ll fold in front of the crowd as much as some of the other options.

Aribo is 100% available for Pittodrie.

Remember for accumulation of 6 yellow cards the 1 match suspension kicks in 14 days after.

If he gets booked v Dundee Utd on Saturday he misses game against Celtic. Gets through Saturday and we’re laughing. He will be available for every game until the winter break.
Didn't realise the 14 day thing, cheers

Wish the paranoia would stop with what refs we get for certain games.

We turn up, We play football and we win.

Simple as that.
Score more goals than the other teams. Job done,no fuss. We're happy, they're sick. Problem solved the Rangers way

Is that an early appointment? Or is it normal to be given a game so far in advance.
More scope for him to be ‘got at’ is the concern

The Clancy one is the bigger worry. This guy is the real deal, a real cheat. We all watched it happen in front of our own eyes. He hates Alfie too.
Yeah he’s definitely the one where the line between incompetent and Rangers hating crossed into downright cheating and being a bitter bigot

Some amount of panic merchants on this thread as is always the case when referees are mentioned. Rangers are the nation's finest team, if we prepare properly and play well we win. We are a relatively easy team to referee, the refs know us well and we know the refs, we'll be fine. Be relaxed in the knowledge that we're unstoppable when we're up for it.

Clancy at Pittodrie is the bigger worry, he will try to influence that game. Collum is shite but a bit of a stubborn wee bastard so don’t think he’ll fold in front of the crowd as much as some of the other options.
Agreed.

The stop/start nature of that game with fouls being constantly given is much more likely to cost us points than at Parkhead where the game will likely flow and be played at a faster pace regardless what the Referee does/doesnt do. As long as it does that I think Rangers will control and create enough to win.

Celt!c both have to win and probably think they will making it more of a Football match. Aberdeen will simply try to stop Rangers leaving with 3 points, doing anything they can to make that happen. Therefore a Referee become much more of an influence. Which is a concern.

Collum isn't the worst, even in Old Firms.

It was a matter of which game Clancy was getting.

Looks like its the Sheep Pen and which player(s) he will try to ensure miss the Piggery game.

Cynical, you bet!
Cynical you may be, but you’re not wrong. Watch a key player like Aribo or Morelos get a double yellow against Dolly, who will be given free reign to kick us to pieces.

Willie Collum or the game going into 97 mins is not a worry for me.
Due to Angeball and the fact we are the better team, I expect a high scoring game.
Tramps 2 Rangers 4.
Clancy is the more dangerous one to cause problems to our team.

I see Bobby Midden got them again at the pig sty on the 29th.
He is absolutely terrified of giving any decision against the beggars, their campaign of he's a mason, a hun, an Ibrox season ticket holder etc has worked on Madden, he gives them any 50/50 decisions.

I try to be of the opinion that the refs are bad, not corrupt, Beaton against Hibs in 2017 and Clancy at the piggery in Dec 19 are the only 2 games I've been genuinely convinced something was afoot. It was as blatant as can be seen.

Collum doesn't really worry me - the ref's Celtic have in the build up to our games are the real issue.
The refs celtic have on the build up to us are of no concern to us, they can take maximum points for all I care as long as we look after ourselves and cuff them in January all's good.

That's up to you but when they're struggling to take maximum points and keep getting help that concerns me and my club greatly.

Say we lose the league by a point, you can think back to a ref adding on 5-minutes of injury time and them scoring a winner in the 7th against Ross County and try tell us all "it's of no concern to us"
If they win the league then we fell short because of our dropped points and poor performance. We won't lose this title unless they sign players capable of beating us and perm any 11 from the 55 already at parkhead and they're unable to match us. It's been that way for a few years now so they need signings. Covid could wipe us out more than any SPFL leg breaking hatchet man or referee. That should be your concern as the first team are good enough to overcome celtic as they stand and poor ref performance.

If they win the league then we fell short because of our dropped points and poor performance. We won't lose this title unless they sign players capable of beating us and perm any 11 from the 55 already at parkhead and they're unable to match us. It's been that way for a few years now so they need signings. Covid could wipe us out more than any SPFL leg breaking hatchet man or referee. That should be your concern as the first team are good enough to overcome celtic as they stand and poor ref performance.
Must admit this looks as though you are getting your excuses in early for refs as you are worried about their behaviour and decisions same as the rest of us.

We seen in 2008 that refs can have a huge say they pretty much carried Celtic to that title.

Collum getting the game is good news, Walsh would have been too hes always been pretty fair to both sides, Madden, McLean, Anderson and Muir, possibly Clancy too, doing the other fixtures isnt. It is a huge ask to win a league with so many referees that are terrified of our rivals.

Never forget this is the same cvnt that sent off Candeias for blowing a kiss at Ferdinand after Ferdinand grabbed his throat. The throat grabbing (physical assault) was 'not seen' but blowing a kiss is a sending off worthy offense.

I have faith though, in Gio and the team, we will make the ref irrelevant.

Brown will try and get Alfie sent off with every trick in the book

Clancy will oblige and book Alfie twice

I’d be tempted to leave Alfie out and play sakala through the middle

Make no mistake Aberdeen will be given a free hit to injure our players over and over Clancy will be cheering thrn on any r

Imagine we were savvy or clever enough to start ramping up the pressure on them early doors.

One can dream.

Must admit this looks as though you are getting your excuses in early for refs as you are worried about their behaviour and decisions same as the rest of us.

We seen in 2008 that refs can have a huge say they pretty much carried Celtic to that title.

Collum getting the game is good news, Walsh would have been too hes always been pretty fair to both sides, Madden, McLean, Anderson and Muir, possibly Clancy too, doing the other fixtures isnt. It is a huge ask to win a league with so many referees that are terrified of our rivals.
It's always a huge ask to win the league mucka, it's not easy but we have what it takes as you know. I don't care about refs but I try and point out to people that poor Rangers performance costs us but people want to blame refs when they've been the ones to blame since time began when your team is unable to win. Don't focus on referee performance, focus on Rangers. We are good enough, close games and a decision that costs you can be rectified over a season's worth of games. If we drop points in 12 games with the ref being to blame every game and we finish second I'd say we need new players for next season. In 2008 we couldn't cope with the number of games, that was the SPL to blame not refs. We couldn't get over the line with the players we had at our disposal.

ah ah ah but beaton is a hun and Madden friend is andy halliday.

FFS

Been spouting this about refs and the appointments for ages yet some think Im paranoid.

You know what.

Those that think that are the REAL problem.

Rangers should have ended Clancy after Dec 2019 performance v the Peasants

He was abysmal that day

Clancy at Pittodrie will be interesting

If he’s shocking the club need to go after him

In all my years I still can't think of a more openly corrupt refereeing performance than that. Beaton at Ibrox against Hibs maybe (the Jack sending off and Morelos booked for getting clotheslined), but even then I reckon the Celtic game beats it.

Brown will try and get Alfie sent off with every trick in the book

Clancy will oblige and book Alfie twice

I’d be tempted to leave Alfie out and play sakala through the middle

Make no mistake Aberdeen will be given a free hit to injure our players over and over Clancy will be cheering thrn on any r
wish it wasn't the case, but imo you're spot on.

Wish the paranoia would stop with what refs we get for certain games.

We turn up, We play football and we win.

Simple as that.
Ah, the old dignified silence again. That worked out well for us, eh?

No retrospective action for clear diving, several offside goals, added time beyond reasonable levels when they’re drawing games late on and a foul per card count nearly double that of anyone else in the league.

You’re a fool if you can’t see what’s happening.

The refs celtic have on the build up to us are of no concern to us, they can take maximum points for all I care as long as we look after ourselves and cuff them in January all's good.
No disrespect friend, but your post instantly brought to mind a comment
I heard a couple decades ago.

I was sitting in a staff canteen with a bunch of engineers looking out over Aberdeen Quayside and saw a car transporter stopped at traffic lights, and it had a car affixed above the artic cab and another with its are sticking out the back in this air. The guy next to said "why the fck do they do that?" - the reply was "because they can".

Ah, the old dignified silence again. That worked out well for us, eh?

No retrospective action for clear diving, several offside goals, added time beyond reasonable levels when they’re drawing games late on and a foul per card count nearly double that of anyone else in the league.

You’re a fool if you can’t see what’s happening.

Personally I don’t care what happens with them. I’m only concerned with what we do.

We can win games and win them convincingly, we don’t need help from officials.

I can clearly see what’s going on and I ain’t no fool.

My point is, We play football the way we can and beat teams by 2/3/4 most games then we have zero to worry about.

I agree.

There are much worse than Willie Collum.

I think he is one of the lesser bad ones.

At least you can often understand why he has made a mistake.

Clancy is a cheat.

I have always regarded Collum as fair when he referees. Clancy, by contrast in my opinion, is a different matter. His refereeing at their place on 29 December 2019 was outrageously biased and it was only because we won - despite his best efforts on their part - that there was no call from our club for an SFA inquiry into his refereeing that day.

Don't have a problem with W Collum...My biggest problem is i am already beginning to feel confident about beating them and beating them well and i hate feeling confident about these games beforehand.

Don't have a problem with W Collum...My biggest problem is i am already beginning to feel confident about beating them and beating them well and i hate feeling confident about these games beforehand.
We should be confident, they haven't got close to winning for a while now. We might play poorly but I think that we'll be up for it and too good for them. It will be them clinging to the anything can happen hopes, their fans might show a bit of bravado but their players won't have the same confidence that they can win despite what they say.

Back