Wim Jansen Dead

Lost my wee Nannie a couple of weeks ago and was her funeral on Friday sadly she battled this horrible illness until the very end too.

Just remember him making me cry when we never won the league I didn’t know what it felt like losing the league as a young bear until that point, was devastated.

Sad news. He was an effective manager who I think was better than their fans appreciated. I was glad when he left their club.

We mostly remember him as their manager who stopped our ten in a row, but to be honest they didn't win it that season, we threw it away ourselves. Wasn't like last season when we never lost a game to bring the title back. We dropped an incredible amount of stupid points yet they only win it by 2pts.

He should really be remembered as a very good full back who won the European Cup and played in a World Cup final.

I remember there was an article saying he had a 1 year contract and the bheasts going tonto saying the SMSM was trying to unsettle both him and the club. I remember my thoughts were that only Jansen and Celtic knew it was only a 1 year deal, so it was one of them who had leaked it.

RIP Wim, a terrible disease.

Hopefully a cure can one day be found for these terrible afflictions.

Sure there were stories that he had a major falling out with their board and Jock Brown and it was his assistant Murdo McLeod that ended up speaking to the board rather than Wim Jansen, this had been going on for months behind the scenes, he let them know he was resigning the day after they won the league.

Seemed a decent guy and was a cracking player as well.

His family have came out and said he didnt have to suffer with the agony of it long term which is nice. Been through the same situation with my dad for 8 years until he passed. Never had anything against him other than stopping us get 10. RIP Wim
I thought the news about him having dementia broke a few years ago.

Edit. Just looked and it was only september last year.

Sure there were stories that he had a major falling out with their board and Jock Brown and it was his assistant Murdo McLeod that ended up speaking to the board rather than Wim Jansen, this had been going on for months behind the scenes, he let them know he was resigning the day after they won the league.

Seemed a decent guy and was a cracking player as well.
I’m sure it was about transfers and the board possibly not backing him the way he wanted to build his team

Back