Wim Jansen Dead

Sad news. R.I.P. and wish the family well.
Like others have said, despite him being at the helm when we lost 10 in a row, I don’t remember any bears having a bad word to say about him.

Sad news, 65 caps for that Netherlands side at the time shows how good a player he must've been.

RIP Wim.

My condolences to his family. And like all sentiments on this forum it’s echoed by myself.
What are the chances however that sellick will try for next Wednesday’s OF being postponed?

My condolences to his family. And like all sentiments on this forum it’s echoed by myself.
What are the chances however that sellick will try for next Wednesday’s OF being postponed?
After thinking about the impact of the loss to his friends and family, my other thought was exactly the same as the second part of your post.

None unless they want to postpone tomorrow, Saturday and Wednesday which obviously isn’t going to happen.

Sad news, such a horrible disease.

As many others have said he was a great footballer.
Despite managing them, I never disliked him and he came across as a decent guy.

RIP Wim.

Sad day for football, he was a part of that magnificent football playing Dutch side in 1978 and probably should have won the World Cup even after being beat by Scotland .
He Also played in the 1974 world cup final v W.Germany, good player, decent man

RIP.

A part of a great Feyenoord side and one of the greatest international sides to play the game.

We mostly remember him as their manager who stopped our ten in a row, but to be honest they didn't win it that season, we threw it away ourselves. Wasn't like last season when we never lost a game to bring the title back. We dropped an incredible amount of stupid points yet they only win it by 2pts.

He should really be remembered as a very good full back who won the European Cup and played in a World Cup final.

Played in two consecutive ones, 74 and 78.

Sad news but possibly a blessing in disguise with a progressive illness of which he would not have been aware, but is mental torture to families and friends.

Sad news. All time legend of football as a player, and will forever be remembered by the other half as a legend of Scottish football.

Seemed a nice man. Rest easy, condolences to the family.

RIP Wim, to echo what many have said, he was a decent bloke who’s pedigree was something else. Him and my avatar guys, Johnny Rep were unsung heroes in that Dutch team.

And he took 10IAR off of us deservedly so, with dignity that most modern managers don’t have.

RIP Wim, to echo what many have said, he was a decent bloke who’s pedigree was something else. Him and my avatar guys, Johnny Rep were unsung heroes in that Dutch team.

And he took 10IAR off of us deservedly so, with dignity that most modern managers don’t have.

Did Wouters not play in the same team?

Always came across as an intelligent and fair gentleman, didn't see the need for all these underhand and divisive tactics used by others, instead counted on his skills and experience.
Condolences to family and friends

What are your thoughts on who had the hardest job stopping the 10

Stevie or Wim ?

Rest in peace Condolences to the Jansen family .

Back