Wim Jansen suffering with Dementia

An absolute curse of a thing, basically dying twice. I don't believe he'd be aware too much (?) but it's the family who have to really suffer.
Took advantage of us ballsing up 10IAR, but is it fair to say the least loathsome of all scum managers? (successful ones at least??)

My Gran has it and my step-gran had it before she past. Horrible disease that affects not only the person but can be soul destroying for family and friends.

I wish him and his family well.

Despite stopping our 10iAR he always seemed a decent guy and was probably the most likeable of their managers

The old heavy football has a lot to answer for.
Without getting into a debate about it and I might be wrong, but wasn't there a study that suggested the modern light weight footballs are actually worse for impact on the head? Think it might be down to the force they can be hit with etc.

N
Do these threads exist on the Timmy equivalent of FF?
I'm never surprised at the empathy we show on here, as normal humans, when people associated with our nearest rivals are unfortunately struck down with illness, or when passing away.

I somehow can't see it
No you are correct. Some of them were celebrating when rumours of Walter Smiths death were circulated earlier this year.

All the best to Wim Jansen and his family.

I am sorry to hear a
Without getting into a debate about it and I might be wrong, but wasn't there a study that suggested the modern light weight footballs are actually worse for impact on the head? Think it might be down to the force they can be hit with etc.
I am sorry to hear this about Wim, who was a favourite player of mine long before he had his stint across the city.
However, as I remember him, he headed the ball even less than Bobby Charlton ever did.

I was 11 year old when he stopped our 10 iar. Biggest thing I disliked him for was I couldn't dislike him in the same way I disliked Tommy Burns.

Wish him all the best, horrendous disease.
Was just slightly older than you and I’m the same. I was glad he didn’t stay long which is the biggest compliment I could pay him.

Best wishes to him.

Wouldnt wish dementia on my worst enemy

lost my mum to another illness but she also had dementia

its a heartbreaking illness to watch take hold of a loved one

Horrible disease. I wish him and family all the best and my thoughts are with them. Lots of former players suffering with this.

Sorry to hear this. As others have said, seemed a decent man and wasn’t someone I found myself disliking, despite the efforts of his side when he was across the city. Best to him and his family.

All the best to Jansen and his family.

My Granda is currently living with the condition, a truly horrible disease.

I could not really tell you but old footballs were terrible and got heavy when wet obviously going back a fair bit.

A very decent man, a very good player and a manager who never made you feel you could dislike him, although he broke my heart. I hope you can hang on to who you really are for as long as possible Mr Jansen. Thoughts are with his family.

Back